ALPA/USAPA topic of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my age, easy come easy go..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Besides, admiration/respect seems to depend a lot on agreeing or disagreeing with a viewpoint (not accusing specific individuals, mind you :lol: :shock: )

Jim

Good thing you retired.

Respect is now based on how far West you are.

Earning respect is a myth.

Nostradamus, the new season, starting on Monday.

"Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks."

Warren Buffett

You meant to say "It's all about the East pilots."

Top 150 of the list. SAN commuter, salivating over the PHX base. Closing in on the big 6-0, and a big proponent of 65. Your F/Os, on the other hand, looking at career destruction.

I think you forgot to add, "It's all about me!" :lol:

Good thing you retired.

Respect is now based on how far West you are.

Earning respect is a myth.

Is that a crack at the West pilots?

What would you guys know of respect. Ask the fuelers in MCO. Every time they see an east plane come in they all run and hide!

HAHA, a pilot told me they all do paper, scissors, rock to see who has to deal with the schmuck pilot aha!

FYI:

USAPA News Flash

MARCH 14, 2008

Today’s message to the US Airways pilots from Captain Prater requires "clarification." USAPA recognizes that our pilots know that actions speak louder than words.

First, let us set the contract issue straight and unequivocally state that USAPA is keyed on a Quality Contract for all US Airways pilots. Anything written or said to the contrary, with words such as quick, cheap, or cost neutral is nothing more than campaign rhetoric designed to keep ALPA on the property. ALPA has had more than 2 ½ years since the merger and produced nothing. Any ALPA contract is dependent upon the unlikely completion of seniority negotiations and separate ratification. USAPA will deliver a quality contract sooner than ALPA.

We will acknowledge that Captain Prater is correct when he states that the Transition Agreement requires that the parties maintain separate operations only until the implementation of a new collective bargaining agreement covering the entire airline. Our pilots now fully understand that separate operations is a temporary mode.

Recent America West MEC actions, confirmed by the February 8th AAA MEC Chairman’s Message, makes it perfectly clear that the West will not mitigate the Nicolau Award. Armed with the fact that the ALPA Executive Council’s resolution stated that ALPA will defend the award as issued, separate operations will last for as long as it takes the West to file suit against ALPA. That will dictate ALPA’s “timetable.â€

Captain Prater’s words of, “forge solutions,†"crafting" and "resolving" are hollow words we have all heard before. His assurance that trusteeship will not be used to deprive you of your rights is especially hollow as trusteeship was used to alter the US Airways MEC officer election.

On top of all this, ALPA’s Executive Council and the America West MEC are partners in holding parity money from our pilots as leverage to entice a deal. As stated earlier, USAPA will address contract issues.

USAPA, Built by US Airways Pilots, For US Airways Pilots

FYI:

Fellow pilot,
We are pleased to announce the Interim Reps for BOS.

The USAPA Interim Officers have accepted the Steering Committee's recommendations as follows (each includes a short bio as introduction):

BOS Interim Chairman - Captain Rich Peters.

My name is Rich Peters. I started flying in ’69 (at 15)… soloed in ’70. I spent 9 years in commuters and have been at US Air since 1983. I have worked in R&I, Safety & Accident Investigation, Family Awareness and what probably is the shortest term as an LEC Chairman. I fly the Airbus as a Capt. In BOS. I am very glad to be with my friends at USAPA…it’s a long and growing list and I hope all the BOS pilots will join me as we “take backâ€￾ our careers.

BOS Interim Vice-Chairman - First Officer Bill Rice.

My name is Bill Rice. I was hired by USAir in March 1988 and have been based in Boston my entire airline career, flying the DC-9, 737 300/400, and the Airbus. I am 52 years old, have been married for 21 years and have 2 sons, ages 18 and 16. I am a graduate of Purdue University with a BS in Electrical Engineering. I spent 9 years in the Air Force flying the mighty O-2A as a Forward Air Controller and 5 years flying F-4E's and F-4G's in Korea and West Germany.

I have been very impressed with the professionalism and dedication of the founders and early volunteers of USAPA. As we all know, from day 1, we are going to have to deal with at least 1/3 of our union who are not happy, which is not a good way to start. Coalition building should be a top priority. I believe this will be our biggest challenge and must be a part of everything we do. We must foster an environment among all pilots that USAPA truly wants to include everyone willing to build us a better house. Then, and only then, do we stand a chance of convincing management that we have the power necessary to secure a better contract.

I am truly honored to serve my fellow pilots and look forward to working on the challenges that lie ahead.

Welcome aboard gentlemen.

Not at all. Actually what I'm saying is that a real proactive Management Team would have never let it come to this.

This situation could lead to the demise of US Airways and all it would have taken is some good old fashioned horse trading and some good faith bargaining. I'll gently remind you just which management team is currently at the helm. HINT It ain't the one in Crystal City

Your right, a proactive management team would have let the OLD USAIR fold and bought some pieces. You could have your hire date 2 years ago if made it past the interview.

"I couldn't have done any better myself." There's a huge surprise.

"what is the definition of pilot seniority when two airlines merge?" Golly!..I just dunno' !! Since there clearly cannot be any consistent one in, at least, your mind: What's the "definition of pilot seniority" on say..Tuesday morning with the moon in capricorn? How about the following tuesday?..at say..umm..3:36pm? What if the "magic snapshot" is taken at 3:37pm? What's the "definition of pilot seniority" if I change my brand of toothpaste?...Is it truly ALL merely "Relative"? :blink:

Was the bottom guy on your list on the day of the merger junior, I think so. He should not expect to be senior because of the merger. You are what you brought, nothing more.

Your right, a proactive management team would have let the OLD USAIR fold and bought some pieces. You could have your hire date 2 years ago if made it past the interview.

My Hero!...You personally saved us!!!..What did Doug say after you you convinced him to do that?. ....and here we are being so very ungreatfull...Sigh

Top 150 of the list. SAN commuter, salivating over the PHX base. Closing in on the big 6-0, and a big proponent of 65. Your F/Os, on the other hand, looking at career destruction.

I think you forgot to add, "It's all about me!" :lol:

The only reason I will be voting for USAPA is to support the ladies and gentleman that have had horrible careers at USAirways that have sat at my side for over twenty years. They think USAPA is the way out of the Nicolau Award. I have already pledged that vote to several of the first officers and at least one fellow Captain that I respect even though I do not favor USAPA. I support THEM not USAPA.

Have a nice weekend. Enjoy the ride.

Truer words have never been spoken!

Sadly I find myself in the "not" crowd... ALPA it is...

Sound wisdom sir. If you want to stay a pilot that "it's not about"....EVER...ALPA's the right place for you...I've felt like that for many, many years myself.

You are what you brought, nothing more.

Ummm...refresh my memory: What did you personally "bring"? I can only recall bringing myself.. I don't remember putting a bit in my teeth and heroically dragging a 767 anywhere. I can't even remember packing up a "job" in bubble warp and FedEx-ing it anywhere. maybe I totally missed seeing other people "Bring",,well,,,, ANYTHING., other than their experience and professional knowledge. What did I miss?

PS: Can one actually "own" a "job" so as to "Bring" it anywhere? If so: Can I sub-lease mine out then? After all..It's "mine"....I "brought" it. Well: Cool. "Help Wanted. Idiot seeking out an existence almost entirely away from home. Must be willing to have circadian rythm surgically removed to facilitate ready travel between time zones. All Glory/No Work...be willing to accept half my current pay as this is but a lease opportunity."

DOH affords no ambiguity, spin, or offers sorry BS twists such as yours, or any other kind. Nice try though, and points for attempted "cute" ;)

I agree about the lack of ambiguity or spin required that a DOH seniority meld would require. But doing that also shows very little intelligence and reveals a complete misunderstanding of the situation. This is a big world eastUS, and its not fantasy land - life isn't simple nor are its solutions.

You and my antagonists on this board all seem to be one trick ponies: DOH. And even that trick isn't a very good one. Everyone, except you folks that were on the AAA seniority list when this thing went down, sees your group as a bunch of desperate mercenaries. Congratulations on behaving like the world's most puerile pilot group.

You'd best hope Sheham or whoever that land-shark dude you're paying your usapa donations to, has some other, more effective tricks up his sleeve. Because otherwise, you're simply going to be burning those LOA 93 dollars.

Sittting where I sit and knowing what I know, I just can't help to feel just a tiny bit sorry for y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back