ALPA/USAPA/West thread 3/30-4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
america west alpa union leader recent quote.

A330 NEGOTIATIONS

"As you are aware, we began A330 negotiations last week with management and it is our intent to conclude these negotiations rapidly. It was not my wish to open the whipsaw door for this collective pilot group, rather it was opened for us and we have no choice but to step through as the East and Company have already done so.

It is my goal to have a competitive, robust A330 LOA in place and signed by the President in short order to protect our pilots’ rights to fly routes that we currently fly and have flown internationally in the past. As we all know, AWA once flew B747s to Asia, and that is our legacy."

Fraternally,

Captain John McIlvenna
AWA MEC Chairman

Quote from historical article below.

The Nagoya, Japan route was essentially a bust (the planes were flying with almost no passengers), with extremely low ticket sales. Finally, concerns about stability in the Gulf States in the lead-up to the Persian Gulf War lead to increasing fuel costs. This combination forced America West to file for bankruptcy in June 1991.

america west alpa union leader recent quote.

A330 NEGOTIATIONS

"As you are aware, we began A330 negotiations last week with management and it is our intent to conclude these negotiations rapidly. It was not my wish to open the whipsaw door for this collective pilot group, rather it was opened for us and we have no choice but to step through as the East and Company have already done so.

Those miserable/vile/despicable/dishonorable/etc east people are clearly to blame for all evil, now or ever present on this earth. :rolleyes: I do find it wryly amusing that "we have no choice" would ever come outta' this guy's mouth. "It was not my wish to open the whipsaw door"..... "It's not my fault!!...Honest!!....Those mean Easties MADE me do it!!" is a big step down from proudly holding aloft the "All out warfare" banner of the AWA's "Righteous Position". For me personally?...I'd say give 'em the planes...if I thought, even for moment, that it would diminish the incessant whining and anger out there...but nothing will it seems.

Recent america west alpa leader quote

THE WAR AGAINST USAPA

"Although the election is far from over, there are plans in place to destroy USAPA should they prevail as our bargaining agent. We’ve already announced the formation of the America West Airlines Pilots Protective Association (AWAPPA), and the website is up and running at www.awappa.org. In addition, you should have started receiving email communications from AWAPPA that detail, in part, the plans to ensure USAPA fails in its quest to disadvantage America West pilots. If you have not received these emails, please adjust your spam settings to allow emails from [email protected] and/or send an email to that address.

The plan entails a comprehensive legal strategy to be executed by Bredhoff and Kaiser PLLC (the same firm that represented us during the merger), as well as a political strategy to be executed by all 1,800 of us."

Fraternally,

Captain John McIlvenna
AWA MEC Chairman

Strategy failure. If the vote goes alpa's way, they will be the first to jump in and say the majority has spoken, so honor it. They should have waited till the results to make this public.

If the vote goes USAPA, their premeditated intentions to "destroy" will haunt them in any defense of not paying dues or cooperating.

Emotion is leading their actions.

"March 29, 2008—In this issue:

• NMB Election Underway

• MEC Call Center

• MEC Meeting Recap

• Section 6 Negotiations

• A330 Talks

• OAK Hotel

• Beneficiary and Emergency Contact Information

• Couples Class Next Week

• Captain Kendrick Elected National Security Council Chairman

• The Bottom Line

Section 6 Negotiations

Despite their public protests, US Airways management agreed this week to meet and “participate in good faith†with the AWA MEC on April 14, in negotiations. Our contract was amendable December 2006, with a proviso that negotiations could begin six months prior. As a result of the merger, the AWA MEC agreed to pause Section 6 negotiations and pursue a joint contract. In addition to letters sent to and from the Company preserving our right to negotiate under Section 6 of the Railway Labor Act, we also preserved this right in the Transition Agreement. ALPA notified the Company that we wanted to resume Section 6 negotiations on March 13, 2008.

A330 LOA Talks

A330 LOA talks are scheduled to resume on March 31. We hope to conclude these discussions quickly in order to protect the ability of AWA pilots to participate in international growth flying. Due to the nature of the LOA, pilot ratification will be required and we anticipate a balloting period of approximately one week to facilitate the ratification of this agreement. Look for more details following next week’s meeting."

Another good move by the west, with section 6 open on the west only, should usapa win they must represent the west with company in good faith, a dfr lawsuit just got a lot easier.

Recent america west alpa leader quote

THE WAR AGAINST USAPA
Captain John McIlvenna
AWA MEC Chairman

Strategy failure. If the vote goes alpa's way, they will be the first to jump in and say the majority has spoken, so honor it. They should have waited till the results to make this public.

If the vote goes USAPA, their premeditated intentions to "destroy" will haunt them in any defense of not paying dues or cooperating.

Emotion is leading their actions.

There's that good old "WAR" BS again...and naturally.."tough" terms like "Destroy". Of course, we also have the mighty "ARMY" of leonidas to fret over as well. I suggest that we fund some sizeable team of child psychologists to send west asap, as I must continually marvel at the notion of anyone over the age of 14 taking themselves so "seriously" by way of any such expressions regarding some labor group dispute. Oh well..whatever trips their "triggers"...or, in this case stickers I guess. Silly me; I can only ever think of "WAR" as an enviornment wherein a feller kin' actually git hisself "hurt". There's evidently an entirely different paradigm being employed out west. Ah well..there's always those types that thrive on "drama" and even soap operas never lack for viewers.....Stay tuned for today's episode of "As AWA Turns" featuring the latest "casualty reports" on just how many stickers have met their tragic fate.....and the terrible wounds of the heroes involved, sustained from excessive sticker-back glue getting under their very fingernails. Keep the Faith though..our heroic "soldiers" are staying the course, regardless of wounds from glue damage and any/all "dangers". I, for one, am very impressed.

"Despite their public protests, US Airways management agreed this week to meet and “participate in good faith” with the AWA MEC on April 14, in negotiations." DO let us all know how productive that tap dancing proves to be ;) The gullibility factor out there's truly amazing...and will be played by management like a violin.

"Another good move by the west" Yup..just like all the other "good moves" that've left the west whining about "400 upgrades".."3 years of stagnation"/etc. Keep the "good moves" coming if you wish. Kindly advise us all at the very first moment that any of your "good moves" actually accomplish anything...other than to be "feel good" moves of course.

The east MEC is in the process of demanding to the company that the west pilots be put under LOA 93 immediately!!!!!!!!!!!

As we all know, AWA once flew B747s to Asia, and that is our legacy.

"As we all know, McDonald's invented the cheeseburger, so we must move at once protect our "legacy and ensure nobody anywhere can make another cheeseburger other than us."

"Despite their public protests, US Airways management agreed this week to meet and “participate in good faithâ€￾ with the AWA MEC on April 14, in negotiations." DO let us all know how productive that tap dancing proves to be ;) The gullibility factor out there's truly amazing...and will be played by management like a violin.

You just showed how naive you are, it's not about getting a deal, it's about killing you usapians in court.

"Another good move by the west" Yup..just like all the other "good moves" that've left the west whining about "400 upgrades".."3 years of stagnation"/etc. Keep the "good moves" coming if you wish. Kindly advise us all at the very first moment that any of your "good moves" actually accomplish anything...other than to be "feel good" moves of course.

It's a great move, status quo is on because of it, and the nmb is involved, it doesn't suprise me you can't grasp what this means to usapa should they win.

"Despite their public protests, US Airways management agreed this week to meet and “participate in good faithâ€￾ with the AWA MEC on April 14, in negotiations." DO let us all know how productive that tap dancing proves to be ;) The gullibility factor out there's truly amazing...and will be played by management like a violin.

You just showed how naive you are, it's not about getting a deal, it's about killing you usapians in court.

It's a great move, status quo is on because of it, and the nmb is involved, it doesn't suprise me you can't grasp what this means to usapa should they win.

It may astonish you..but; I didn't actually miss all the intricate subtleties inherent in your dynamic master plan. Not surprisingly..we differ as to the eventual efficacy of the efforts. Good luck with it. :lol: "You just showed how naive you are," "it doesn't suprise me you can't grasp what this means " It hardly amazes me that you continually insist on underestimating your "enemies", but do feel free to continue that practice ;)

"about killing you usapians in court." I love the verbage. "about killing you" How ferociously "Warlike" indeed ;)

It may astonish you..but; I didn't actually miss all the intricate subtleties inherent in your dynamic master plan. Not surprisingly..we differ as to the eventual efficacy of the efforts. Good luck with it. :lol:

"about killing you usapians in court." I love the verbage. "about killing you" How ferociously "Warlike" indeed ;)
I guess you haven't seen your "crack" legal team in action yet, there are some videos on youtube that might give you an idea how it's going to play out in court, but i'm begining to think that it might never even make it there, especially after the letter our attorney sent to the company promising immediate legal action. I wonder what will happen when Doug says he can't change the list, oh thats right, no plan "b" .

I guess you haven't seen your "crack" legal team in action yet, there are some videos on youtube that might give you an idea how it's going to play out in court, but i'm begining to think that it might never even make it there, especially after the letter our attorney sent to the company promising immediate legal action. I wonder what will happen when Doug says he can't change the list, oh thats right, no plan "b" .

You clearly have nothing whatsoever to worry about then. :rolleyes: Have a good day ;)

No, we understand. Just remember we are one pilot group now. One way or the other.
Yes, there is a specific timetable with the NMB involved. For good and bad. Be careful what you wish for. Just like what you have said before, you just might get it. Legal, above board and voted on.
EastUs: You clearly have nothing whatsoever to worry about then. Have a good day
Such bravado chest thumping. It only tells me the worry beads are working overtime.

No, we understand. Just remember we are one pilot group now. One way or the other.

Actually you don't get to vote on the awa contract, in case you forgot.

Yes, there is a specific timetable with the NMB involved. For good and bad. Be careful what you wish for. Just like what you have said before, you just might get it. Legal, above board and voted on.
Well my bargaining agent will have to negotiate a contract in good faith, or else they are wide open for a dfr. And that is why this was a great move.

This is very entertaining!

I'm very anxious to see the West burn it to the ground. My only question is how you fellas are planning on burning the East operation to the ground? You know, the profitable side of the operation. The one you guys "saved" with the merger.

Parker is going to split this pig into two or more pieces once the vote is complete if not sooner. All the huffing and puffing on either side is irrelevant. Parker cannot run an operation with a pilot group as fractured as this one. He's not even going to try. Question is who will be the buyers? My bet is that somehow AMR will be in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back