Amended Pass Travel Policy

I agree with the new policies

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What does a competitive environment have to do with a retiree traveling 'date of hire'?

It's a very small intangible benefit for the active employee to have boarding priority. Granted it is small benefit. Personally I think retirees should be recognized and honored for their service. There are many ways to accomplish this. I submitted a suggestion to middlerow23 to allow retirees to fly first class at no extra charge if it's available. If all the folks using this board put our collective heads together maybe we can come up with something really good. Showing gratitude to those who have laid the path for us active employees sends a positive message to all...retired and active.

Double dipping no wonder can’t get on one airline you go to another

Try again john john. Not retired from another airline. No "double dipping" here.

We have to be willing to give alittle to get a little....

Bull SHHITT!

Please explain the policy below in regard to the wonderful travel perks enjoyed by managment and senior managment personnel (First Class, Space Positive for exec and family members for life!):

The ability to have a special travel program for non-dependent children was unique to AWA employees. US Airways did not have a pass policy for non-dependents and a more detailed analysis of the revenue dilution of such a program led us to conclude that we should not continue this program. So, it will not be in place for former US Airways employees and it will end for former AWA employees.

Dear Eric or Dougie, please explain REVENUE DILUTION with regard to the Execs and managers flying perks for life, instituted by Doug P. who also gave it to consultants and those execs who left the company on Oct. 1 !!!

I doubt we will have the pleasure to hear this explanation... :down: :angry: And have the courage not to PM me with your "they deserve it".

One would think with their monthly hefty paychecks, specifically Dougie and boys, could contribute to the airline and PAY for their damn tickets for vacationing. After all, they are "at will" employees!Or at the very most....space available COACH CLASS.

My hat goes off to you Pitbull. Good post. Let them fly like we do.BOD and VP's on down. Or at least their dependents when it involves vacation travel. If it's co. business, then that's a different story. Yet, I am sure that would be scamed. No way they would fly standby with us "low life".
Take care Pitbull.

UACactus
That's just the kind of attitude it seems that HP employees have.
Most of retiree's were workin before most of you were even born. We worked hard and sacrificed much, we all have been through being alot, Have given up alot.
AND I,AM TIRED OF HEARING AMERICA WEST SAVE USAIRWAYS.
That is Bullshit, both needed each other, and HP would have gone way before Airways.
Do your homework before you speak.
Remember this was a merger DOH is everything.

UACactus
That's just the kind of attitude it seems that HP employees have.
Most of retiree's were workin before most of you were even born. We worked hard and sacrificed much, we all have been through being alot, Have given up alot.
AND I,AM TIRED OF HEARING AMERICA WEST SAVE USAIRWAYS.
That is Bullshit, both needed each other, and HP would have gone way before Airways.
Do your homework before you speak.
Remember this was a merger DOH is everything.

I did not say that, that wasn't my point at all. I'm tired of hearing the America West saved US Airways..I feel the same way about that as you do. My point was people are saying things like "this company" referring to 30 plus years of US Airways and all I'm saying here is US Airways is essentially gone..none of the management except a handful exist, the corporate hq is gone, so when people blame something on "the company" that happened years ago, it's not the same..that was my point. I agree with you that America West did not buy US Airways...I don't want to go down that road anymore..but America West culture is going to slowly creep in over the years, because it's America West that was the low cost carrier and has the senior management...thats all I'm saying. Please don't mix this up with that other "old argument". Believe me, the last thing I want to do is divide people...if you read any of my other posts, you will see that. This last post could have been worded a little more carefully to get my point across.

Dear Eric or Dougie, please explain REVENUE DILUTION with regard to the Execs and managers flying perks for life, instituted by Doug P. who also gave it to consultants and those execs who left the company on Oct. 1 !!!
I doubt we will have the pleasure to hear this explanation... :down: :angry: And have the courage not to PM me with your "they deserve it".

One would think with their monthly hefty paychecks, specifically Dougie and boys, could contribute to the airline and PAY for their damn tickets for vacationing. After all, they are "at will" employees!Or at the very most....space available COACH CLASS.

Pitbull, I understand your feelings on this subject. I spent enough time on these boards the past few months and learned more about the industry than in the 4 years I've been with AWA.

I come from a military background where "rank has its priveleges" (RHIP)so those particular exec perks don't bother me as much as they do you or others. You might say that I'm brained washed...okay I can accept that. The military is not fair and for that matter life in general isn't particularly fair is it? I learned to accept that fact... some don't and some complain about every injustice no matter how trival. For me...give me a good working environment and a decent paycheck...that's all I ask for...otherwise I'll go somewhere else. Simple.

Do I agree with this executive perk? For life no I don't. I think it's overboard unless a significant amount of service time is put in AND such a perk is approved by the employees. While CEO ...I think the perks are okay.

I agree that taking Non Dependent status away is terrible. Heck they should have left it at any age. They said it was because not having it would generate more revenue??? How so??? Now our non dependents will pay less--they actually paid only $5 less than a flexi pass pax--when they use our buddy passes. I say we should all write about this again. It still can change!!! Non dependents could walk up to the counter and get an ID 90--minus $5.00--and get on a plane. They knew how to fly standby and were good at it. Much better than those "strangers" who used our flexis. We need to get them to rethink this--it actually generates more revenue because we'll use it for our family only and not give flexis to strangers. They will have to buy full fare tickets.

I think ex-execs and current execs and certain management types dilute the revenue much more so by having he ability to bump paying passengers as space positive flyers, first class for family for non-business than any non-rev employee flying space avl.

How come this is not addressed?????

Eric, your opinion is an "elitist" attitude and you are brain washed by too much of that damn doug-kool-aide mix. Try "diluting" that!

Eric,

There's a big difference in being the military and being in business.

The execs (and their families!) can bump revenue customers. How is that right in any circumstance? It just isn't.

Dea

completely unwise to treat retirees like this....
what did they do to earn this disrespect?
shameful!
yes sir, big proud day in the history of this company...

to treat retirees like this after all those years of service and sacrifice?

disgraceful!

What about their retirement. This is peanuts compared to that. I agree they get the shaft.

I wanted to point out something to the many upset retirees.

At HP, our turn over rate is extremely high, in all departments. There is not a culture here that promots a career with the company up to retirement. At HP, its all about the here and now, which is why we (generally speaking) are more concerned about the immediate flight benefits. You are correct, we don't look to the future because there is -0- incentive for retirement here (other than flight benefits, which have always been 1 priority lower than active employees). After nearly 7 years with HP, I am, and have been, ready to jump ship to anyone who can pay me a good chunk of money more. There is very few retirees at HP compared to the amnt that has come from US, because at one point, US was a career company, and HP has never been a career company.

Its hard for us to understand your point of view, because HP has never been the career that US used to be.

Now, just understand, that the above is not a view point on which way is better, just a little incite to our LCC mindset that is now the 'new us airways'.

Will be even more interesting when they let us know how they plan to handle benefits for those that took the EO or were furloughed.

Please explain the policy below in regard to the wonderful travel perks enjoyed by managment and senior managment personnel (First Class, Space Positive for exec and family members for life!):

Agreed! The senior management travel perks are incredibly generous, and the gift to departing execs was especially egregious. :rant:

I will say this: I know for a fact (having been on the plane) that when Doug travels w/ his family, they all fly coach.

I wanted to point out something to the many upset retirees.

At HP, our turn over rate is extremely high, in all departments. There is not a culture here that promots a career with the company up to retirement. At HP, its all about the here and now, which is why we (generally speaking) are more concerned about the immediate flight benefits. You are correct, we don't look to the future because there is -0- incentive for retirement here (other than flight benefits, which have always been 1 priority lower than active employees). After nearly 7 years with HP, I am, and have been, ready to jump ship to anyone who can pay me a good chunk of money more. There is very few retirees at HP compared to the amnt that has come from US, because at one point, US was a career company, and HP has never been a career company.

Its hard for us to understand your point of view, because HP has never been the career that US used to be.

Now, just understand, that the above is not a view point on which way is better, just a little incite to our LCC mindset that is now the 'new us airways'.

Yes, this is very well spoken. AWA does have an extremely high turnover rate, in fact it's ridiculous. For over 20 years we have often wondered why the company would want to continue to train people..isn't that expensive? As it turns out, it's cheaper to train for the turnover than it is to have long term employees that eventually seek higher and higher wages, retirement plans, etc. Flight Attendants and pilots are the only group the tend to stick around in larger numbers for an extended period of time. So you're right it's part of the LCC for this business model.

Thanks for pointing this out.

deleted

As it turns out, it's cheaper to train for the turnover than it is to have long term employees that eventually seek higher and higher wages, retirement plans, etc.

This must be why you advocated the following:

QUOTE(UWCactus @ Dec 7 2005, 08:01 AM)

or better yet, figure out a way to have them terminated.

Revenue Dilution! WHAT A JOKE! Get execs and families out of 1st class if your worried about REVENUE DILUTION!
its_not_for_you.jpg

Back