American Airlines, CLT detail growth plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned
And DEN built a whole brand new airport for expansion, not a good example, lol!

• Banned
And what does that have to do with building a new airport at Denver for ALL Airlines?

You are a POS.

Help me out with yield and other revenue factors.. CLT is a fortress hub and handles approx 90% of the traffic, but there are 34 other cites with higher fares than CLT. I know it wouldn't bode well with John Q Public, but why are the airfares lower than the 34 cities ahead of them? Is it something that AA/US is doing wrong that they are not generating hight yields? It's not like UA,WN and JB are going like gang busters here, DL is a different story, rumor on the ramp yesterday is that DL is looking to add 2 long distance westbound flights along with some direct east coast destinations, gate space is holding it up...

WorldTraveler said:
Land is NOT the issue. The sìze of the market will determine success of any hub.
DEN has lots of land, three airlines still fighting it out, and likely an unprofitable hub for any.

DL doesn't hub at DFW because DL had less than 15% of the local market despite 250 flights. DL's local share now is not muchblower even though DL has 1/5 the flights

DTW killed CVG. DTW still has one of the highest ratios of 50 seaters of any DL hub but DTW also supports many more int'l and large markets.

there have been proposals to build a new separate south terminal at ATL but the costs are too high and DL doesn't want gates at that cost. Same will apply to CLT. At some point the benefit of more gates is not worth the cost
A seaplane base just doesn't work anymore.

LD3 said:
Help me out with yield and other revenue factors.. CLT is a fortress hub and handles approx 90% of the traffic, but there are 34 other cites with higher fares than CLT. I know it wouldn't bode well with John Q Public, but why are the airfares lower than the 34 cities ahead of them? Is it something that AA/US is doing wrong that they are not generating hight yields? It's not like UA,WN and JB are going like gang busters here, DL is a different story, rumor on the ramp yesterday is that DL is looking to add 2 long distance westbound flights along with some direct east coast destinations, gate space is holding it up...
I can't really understand the overall ? too well, but if your rumor relates to a CLT-LAX and/or a CLT-SFO non-stop flight, it's a bit unreasonable. DL, which flies non-stop seasonally PHL-CDG, already tried PHL-LAX and failed. Why then would they risk CLT-West coast after their experience with PHL - which isn't a fortress hub? Now if DL had some inside info that CLT was planned for downsizing, then I could see them do a pre-emptive test to early capture some FFs. As far as new DL east coast destinations from CLT, other than to their existing hubs, which they already fly to, that's even more unreasonable. It'd be interesting if you could provide the cities rumored. 

I thought that Brussels Airline was part of Skyteam or One World  but not sure.   Youre right   itd be better to be funneled thru LHR and MAD

robbedagain said:
I thought that Brussels Airline was part of Skyteam or One World  but not sure.   Youre right   itd be better to be funneled thru LHR and MAD
Brussels Airlines (SN) is part of Star Alliance.

AA operated MIA-MAN until circa 2006/2007 on 763, maybe it will get moved from CLT.

In other news LH is adding MIA-MUC. Wonder how much longer the CLT flight will last.

Josh

• Banned
They wont move MAN from CLT to MIA, no need for it.

And LH has committed to the CLT-MUC flight, as they have contracts with BMW and others for that flight.

Also US has run CLT-FRA for years, way before US was part of Star.

WorldTraveler said:
DFW is not a terribly "pretty" airport either.

Actually I've witnessed pax gasp in awe as they step out of the jetway into terminal D. It's world-class.

The older terminals are being renovated as we speak; terminal A is almost finished.

WorldTraveler said:
DEN has lots of land, three airlines still fighting it out, and likely an unprofitable hub for any.

Apparently your airline knowledge doesn't extend far beyond the widget. F9 is posting profits now, and with 75% of it's flights originating and terminating in Denver, one can extrapolate that it's hub there is in the black. I can't speak for UA or WN however...

700UW said:
They wont move MAN from CLT to MIA, no need for it.

And LH has committed to the CLT-MUC flight, as they have contracts with BMW and others for that flight.

Also US has run CLT-FRA for years, way before US was part of Star.
On a trashy USAIR A330-300

From MIA I can get the LH A380 with better onboard service than the senior CLT mamas deliver.

Josh

737823 said:
On a trashy USAIR A330-300

From MIA I can get the LH A380 with better onboard service than the senior CLT mamas deliver.

Josh
knock yourself out.

FRA isn't going anywhere it's full of freight and people pretty much everyday in and out ask anyone who flies it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back