American Airlines: I'll Never Fly Again!

American Airlines is charging me $25 for the 1st checked bag & $35 for the 2nd bag per person each way....ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? So if my wife and I each check one bag it will cost us $100, just for our BAGS! It's not enough that American Airlines is charging us to fly with them; now they are making our bags buy a ticket too! Do I have to pay extra if I have to go to the bathroom on the airplane too? How about if I talk on the airplane...do you charge for that too?? I'll never fly with them again. American Airlines, you suck! Next time it's SOUTHWEST for me!

Gruntled,

Paying for bags? You forgot to complain that you have to pay for snacks/drinks in coach. The fact here is very simple. Airline management, ESPECIALLY AA, have gone to their employees and raped their pay and benefits. Now they are turning to other avenues for increasing revenue and that happens to be your bags. Don't worry the people you are complaining to on this web site don't see one red cent but management does and I'm sure they thank you.

And to the post relating Herb's response to a disgruntled SW flier... CLASSIC! Now that was one great airline executive. Wish we had some.

Good luck finding another airline, Gruntled.

I like WN, and they will certainly deliver what they promise (which is very little) and they will be able to get you to most of the most popular destinations in the US.

Paying for bags? You forgot to complain that you have to pay for snacks/drinks in coach

Nobody pays for non-alcoholic drinks on AA or any of the major US carriers, Ken. The experiment with Eagle and also US Airways seems to have died on the vine about two years ago.

Nobody pays for non-alcoholic drinks on AA or any of the major US carriers, Ken. The experiment with Eagle and also US Airways seems to have died on the vine about two years ago.

He, like most airline workers wouldnt know because we cant afford to go away on vacation, even with flight benifits! My kids havent flown anywhere on AA in a long time, my youngest who is 12, flew once, on AA.

Back