american aviation labor alliance

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
this was started in 2010 does anybody remember this

American Aviation Labor Alliance (AALA)
The American Aviation Labor Alliance (AALA) is a formal partnership of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT), the Transport Workers Union (TWU) and the Coalition of Airline Pilots Association (CAPA), which together represent a combined total of more than 140,000 aviation workers. The AALA is a combined and coordinated lobbying effort on airline safety and security.
The new alliance is significant because the participating unions are affiliated with different labor federations or are independent, and they are joining forces to influence labor issues such as the FAA Reauthorization bill and bankruptcy reform that affect their members and the airline industry as a whole. The AALA will continue to build alliances with other labor organizations in the future

http://teamster.org/content/massive-mobilization-aviation-labor-organizations-announced

wheres the iam

wtf lol

Where are you? Looking for the "XYZ" to come to your rescue?

Go look in a mirror and ask that guy, what have you done for my profession lately?

Posting on a blog complaining that "the union" is not helping me does not cut it.

Reactions: 2 people
Massive numbers mobilized to do what? Make Political Yard Signs, and walk precincts? Or another annual labor party fest on the members dime?

What a joke! Same old song and dance without substance.

Fact is, the United States of America Labor Movement is docile, complacent, and the members are apathetic spoiled fools. IT is D.O.A.

Reactions: 5 people
TWU informer said:
Massive numbers mobilized to do what? Make Political Yard Signs, and walk precincts? Or another annual labor party fest on the members dime?

What a joke! Same old song and dance without substance.

Fact is, the United States of America Labor Movement is docile, complacent, and the members are apathetic spoiled fools. IT is D.O.A.
How true..
The labor movement is on its death bed...especially in the private sector..
Look at the recent UAW defeat at VW in Tennessee......Add it to the list of losses at foreign automakers in the US. There is a different generation and breed of worker out there.....All they have to do is look at Detroit and see the end result.

As for the airlines, look around you....Look at a lot of the new hires.....It's all about taking "selfies" and posting them on Facebook and showing their "friends" how important they are working on the big jets........They don't even know what a DEFINED BENEFIT PENSION PLAN IS....They'll never know how much quality of life they'll ever have having to work only one job.
Just like the unions' major concern is union dues.....those workers' major concern are a PAYCHECK....

Reactions: 1 person
MetalMover said:
How true..
The labor movement is on its death bed...especially in the private sector..
Look at the recent UAW defeat at VW in Tennessee......Add it to the list of losses at foreign automakers in the US. There is a different generation and breed of worker out there.....All they have to do is look at Detroit and see the end result.

As for the airlines, look around you....Look at a lot of the new hires.....It's all about taking "selfies" and posting them on Facebook and showing their "friends" how important they are working on the big jets........They don't even know what a DEFINED BENEFIT PENSION PLAN IS....They'll never know how much quality of life they'll ever have having to work only one job.
Just like the unions' major concern is union dues.....those workers' major concern are a PAYCHECK....
Seems kind of selfish and foolish to blame others or new workers. WE have the right by Federal Law to make changes in who represents us. We were given the right to change this direction, and WE have failed and this continues. Blaming someone else is a total cop out.

The truth is WE never produced enough interest for valid change to overcome the Political Favors that are being granted using our paychecks. It isn't the younger new hire, it is us and our coworkers.

Reactions: 6 people
TWU informer said:
Seems kind of selfish and foolish to blame others or new workers. WE have the right by Federal Law to make changes in who represents us. We were given the right to change this direction, and WE have failed and this continues. Blaming someone else is a total cop out.

The truth is WE never produced enough interest for valid change to overcome the Political Favors that are being granted using our paychecks. It isn't the younger new hire, it is us and our coworkers.
Really? you have kids? i hear mine and their friends talk all the time....They don't care about the things I did when i was their age. I wanted a job that I could retire on. I wanted benefits that would give me quality of life. I wanted security...Most young people could care less about those things..maybe they should and enjoy their youth...Who knows....
I'm not blaming anybody for anything. I'm just telling it like it is...The reality is there is a new breed of worker and what once concerned us does not concern the new generation.
The days of strong unionism are long gone. New people just want a job and a paycheck. 
Those of us that have seen the good times of this industry are declining in numbers. Those of us who new the "good old days" are a dying breed.
Now, I am not giving my generation a pass on complacency and apathy.....

But let's face it..The TWU never gave us a FIGHTING chance to FIGHT!
It's been all tough talk and catch phrases and T-shirts and posters all with no action...

There is no fight to be had despite all the tough talk...

Like informer said, it's time to change the representing union at AA.  The question is,  is the membership sick and tired of being sick and tired?  He is 100% correct in taking the blame and putting it where it belongs.  Wake up the membership before you guys are stuck with the TWU for life...

Kev3188 said:
Is that really all they want, or have they been conditioned to believe that's all they should expect?
I would say yes. They really don't know any different.

swamt said:
So someone answer Chuck.  Have you had enough yet???
You need only await a response from the TWU kool aid drinkers who believe that AMFA will totally eliminate OH in favor of the line people...That is the only ACE the TWU has in its pocket because there is nothing else they can say to defend the worst contract in the business.....You would think that would all we gave up, we would've got something better in return.

Metal, the old have been complaining about the young, and vice versa, since the beginning of time. The old tend to remember what they want to about themselves as youngsters. The young tend to reject what the experiences of the old can teach them. When we were young there were jobs that paid well and provided pensions and benefits, we can thank the generation that came before us for that, they fought for it and handed it to us. Well what happened? These kids you complain about didn't let that all go away. That all went away on our watch, our kids know those jobs don't exist any more so they don't care. They live more for the moment because they know that's what they got and the future is now more uncertain than ever, thanks to us.

In tort cases its often the determination that there is no 100% right and 100% wrong, but one is more right and the other is more wrong. The fact is we screwed up, cant put all the blame on the kids for accepting the values and the world we left them.

Reactions: 4 people
Thomas Paine said:
Metal, the old have been complaining about the young, and vice versa, since the beginning of time. The old tend to remember what they want to about themselves as youngsters. The young tend to reject what the experiences of the old can teach them. When we were young there were jobs that paid well and provided pensions and benefits, we can thank the generation that came before us for that, they fought for it and handed it to us. Well what happened? These kids you complain about didn't let that all go away. That all went away on our watch, our kids know those jobs don't exist any more so they don't care. They live more for the moment because they know that's what they got and the future is now more uncertain than ever, thanks to us.

In tort cases its often the determination that there is no 100% right and 100% wrong, but one is more right and the other is more wrong. The fact is we screwed up, cant put all the blame on the kids for accepting the values and the world we left them.
And it is a normal fact of human nature.....It is called the Generation Gap...
I am not complaining about anything our anyone....just saying this is the way it is. We were all kids once and our parents did not see eye to eye with our decisions. That's life.
 You are correct about OUR WATCH...There was no greater "I GOT MINE" era than what I have seen here since the 80's.
So if you take the "I GOT MINE" crowd and pair them up with the "I DON'T CARE, I AM TOO YOUNG TO WORRY ABOUT THOSE THINGS" CROWD,,,,,we are doomed as
a union.

This is the way I see it....

Latest posts