American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

Enough time has passed that people are going to forget about what type of airplane they're booked for and focus more on whether or not the person next to them is coughing.

Severe Anxiety is a Nasty M F !!!!!!!!!!

SO,

Now you can try to convince a nice hardworking Blue Collar couple, with 4 Beautiful lil' kids, to get on a MAX, (plus Covid that's NOT going away anytime soon), and fly WN from (say) BOS to Orlando !!

You'd have a better chance of seeing JESUS. (not that 'he's' returning anytime SOON) !!!!!!!!

I don't either E. It will take more to get people back on them and it may take a little while, but I too don't see them scrapping them.

You sound like you are talking about our ceo there.
Also hearing we are sucking up all the cancelations from all the airlines that have canceled to speed up a/c retirements and get the more efficient aircraft in the air. At the deal Boeing made our company, to stay and take on the new Max when done could not be passed on. It will eventually pay off in the long run. And this company always looks far out into the long run for long term growth not short term growth.
Like Jim said though, it will take a bunch of advertising to get the folks back on them and cofortable...
Almost like when the DC-10 was grounded for 3 months or more. I think the MAX will be fine after its going

So I just read that DP stated in the shareholders meeting today that negotiations have already began with unions on trying to avoid involuntary furloughs.
Can you say pay cuts
To me if that’s his goal is to not reduce the headcount by very much the only other options are pay reductions.
I say absolutely no pay cuts

So I just read that DP stated in the shareholders meeting today that negotiations have already began with unions on trying to avoid involuntary furloughs.
Can you say pay cuts
To me if that’s his goal is to not reduce the headcount by very much the only other options are pay reductions.
Absolutely no! We have been there before.

Can you say pay cuts
Would like to see a link to the article

Latest posts

Back