American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

would i like to hang on a few more years? i just dont know. the wife and i tested positive for covid 19 had VERY mild symptoms, almost thought it was just allergies. have been off for 4 weeks supposed to go back tomorrow. the wife keeps asking me if i miss work? no not really. would love to just retire sell the house put everything in storage jump in the rv and just go. when i was in DFW there was a supervisor that retired in the 90's he worked at Costco, every time i saw him he said the same thing. "Dave get out when you can, there is life after AA" i have met some really good people over the last 30 years and unfortunately i lot of not so good people. AA seems to attract especially in maintenance lot of self centered pricks, maybe its the midnight shift or the work i dont know just kind of seems that way. would i miss AA no not really, some people sure but AA no.

Tell me about it!

as far as im concerned, no concessions. this management team is no better and no worse then the last or the next one. they take, take and take and forget to give back. no the old days of sacrificing or "sharing the pain share the gain" never happened never will.

I just hope Association doesn’t sign in concessions without input from union members.

I don’t think management is evil, I think they want the workforce size we have now for 50% of current wages and when times are good drag out negotiations until times are bad and say they couldn’t possibly afford a industry leading contract.

17 years of concession contract for twu then signed a contract which had our iam partners getting better healthcare.

Can the association survive accepting concessions for the twu?

I just hope Association doesn’t sign in concessions without input from union members.

I don’t think management is evil, I think they want the workforce size we have now for 50% of current wages and when times are good drag out negotiations until times are bad and say they couldn’t possibly afford a industry leading contract.

17 years of concession contract for twu then signed a contract which had our iam partners getting better healthcare.

The association doesn't need our input. The association can do what ever it likes. The association owns the contract. There are only two members in the association. One TWU and one IAM.

Wish in one hand...........

would i like to hang on a few more years? i just dont know. the wife and i tested positive for covid 19 had VERY mild symptoms, almost thought it was just allergies. have been off for 4 weeks supposed to go back tomorrow. the wife keeps asking me if i miss work? no not really. would love to just retire sell the house put everything in storage jump in the rv and just go. when i was in DFW there was a supervisor that retired in the 90's he worked at Costco, every time i saw him he said the same thing. "Dave get out when you can, there is life after AA" i have met some really good people over the last 30 years and unfortunately i lot of not so good people. AA seems to attract especially in maintenance lot of self centered pricks, maybe its the midnight shift or the work i dont know just kind of seems that way. would i miss AA no not really, some people sure but AA no.

Hope you can do it brother. My earliest numbers are 55-58 as well, wish I was there for the current offer at SWA now, but just a bit too early for me. got enough sick time to bridge me to 65, but about 5 years too early for me. I wish you the best if ya can make it work now for yourself and your family. Good luck on your decision. And yes, most guys I have talked to have also said they wished they had done it sooner instead of waiting too long.

Just a reminder. Please sign the petition. It has nothing to do how you feel about the Association, AA and the JCBA.

https://actionnetwork.org/letters/t...-and-urge-congress-to-safeguard-aviation-jobs

TWU members have all put their lives at risk to serve the public during this pandemic. Federal funding is running out and our jobs are at risk of disappearing if Congress doesn't extend worker protections in the airline industry before October 1. The CARES Act helped save transportation workers jobs, wages, and benefits by prohibiting involuntary furloughs or wage reductions at airlines through the Payroll Support Program (PSP). It is time to ask your elected officials to renew this program and pass a clean extension of the Payroll Support Program (PSP) through March 31, 2021. Without an extension of the PSP grant job program, tens of thousands of aviation jobs will be lost before the end of the year.

TWU members cannot afford a delay. American Airlines has already announced that it is planning to furlough more than 8,000 flight attendants on October 1. As our economy struggles to recover from the effects of the ongoing pandemic, more jobs will be lost if we don't take action now. Congress must act fast to save OUR jobs before time runs out.

Take action and send a letter to Congress today.

Use link bellow,

https://actionnetwork.org/letters/t...-and-urge-congress-to-safeguard-aviation-jobs

Reactions: swamt
Just a reminder. Please sign the petition. It has nothing to do how you feel about the Association, AA and the JCBA.

TWU members have all put their lives at risk to serve the public during this pandemic. Federal funding is running out and our jobs are at risk of disappearing if Congress doesn't extend worker protections in the airline industry before October 1. The CARES Act helped save transportation workers jobs, wages, and benefits by prohibiting involuntary furloughs or wage reductions at airlines through the Payroll Support Program (PSP). It is time to ask your elected officials to renew this program and pass a clean extension of the Payroll Support Program (PSP) through March 31, 2021. Without an extension of the PSP grant job program, tens of thousands of aviation jobs will be lost before the end of the year.

TWU members cannot afford a delay. American Airlines has already announced that it is planning to furlough more than 8,000 flight attendants on October 1. As our economy struggles to recover from the effects of the ongoing pandemic, more jobs will be lost if we don't take action now. Congress must act fast to save OUR jobs before time runs out.

Use link bellow,

1AA

My question is? Why hasn't the ASSociation made this a BIG Deal, Why aren't they pushing the AFLCIO and other Labor groups within our industry to Band together in A JOINT Effort?

Sending hundreds of the same letters or a Petition will NOT make any difference IMO, Unless the airlines, and the Unions of such get together and make a substantial push to make this happen, The US Government will do what has planned, for the cares act. Why NO Joint statement form the CEO's of ALL the airlines stating facts as to the problems that will arise with the stoppage of this Money?

We have not seen any letters yet that pertain to the M&R group, Nor have we seen any substantial package either, just news reports and papers in Dallas stating that AA has said this.

If AA, UAL, SWA, JetBlue, Frontier, Spirit, Alaska, Horizon, Delta, and all the rest want to survive then it is IMO their job to make this happen. They have lots of powerful lobby people in place. It's up to THEM..

Use link bellow,

Sorry but this is wishful to think that congress will extend this provision
To single out just one industry over others won’t fly, pardon the pun, this time
If your one who’s certain to be furloughed you better prepare yourself because it will happen

Sorry but this is wishful to think that congress will extend this provision
To single out just one industry over others won’t fly, pardon the pun, this time
If your one who’s certain to be furloughed you better prepare yourself because it will happen

VOR

Lets hope that AA has the sense to package out as many as possible at a rate that will work, those 65 and older unless have major medical problems needing to keep AA medical should be able to go thus limiting the chance of any forced cutbacks.

Like I have said prior a good number of LUS M&R mechanics are at the age they have medicare or soon will be. There are at least 1000+ of the LAA guys in the same boat. Now its all dependant on how well they did with their own finances.

Next Month will tell us where we stand, ALL airline employees.

1AA

My question is? Why hasn't the ASSociation made this a BIG Deal, Why aren't they pushing the AFLCIO and other Labor groups within our industry to Band together in A JOINT Effort?

Sending hundreds of the same letters or a Petition will NOT make any difference IMO, Unless the airlines, and the Unions of such get together and make a substantial push to make this happen, The US Government will do what has planned, for the cares act. Why NO Joint statement form the CEO's of ALL the airlines stating facts as to the problems that will arise with the stoppage of this Money?

We have not seen any letters yet that pertain to the M&R group, Nor have we seen any substantial package either, just news reports and papers in Dallas stating that AA has said this.

If AA, UAL, SWA, JetBlue, Frontier, Spirit, Alaska, Horizon, Delta, and all the rest want to survive then it is IMO their job to make this happen. They have lots of powerful lobby people in place. It's up to THEM..
Perhaps the Association already knows the outcome!

i'm hearing that delta's latest buy-out package is 2 years salary/no health insurance/travel benefits.

i hope kev from dl can confirm or deny.

regardless, aa still has the chintziest of buyout and temporary leave packages.

Perhaps the Association already knows the outcome!

Paul too

in a letter the twu put out not to long ago they said they had meetings with upper mgmt so I know that they AA and the TWU/IAM assoc. have been working on how they benefit and NOT you and I

So you are correct.....

i'm hearing that delta's latest buy-out package is 2 years salary/no health insurance/travel benefits.

i hope kev from dl can confirm or deny.

regardless, aa still has the chintziest of buyout and temporary leave packages.

What work groups are you hearing that Delta is giving that Too? Maybe Mgmt but surely not ground workers, or F/A.