American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

i'm hearing that delta's latest buy-out package is 2 years salary/no health insurance/travel benefits.

i hope kev from dl can confirm or deny.

regardless, aa still has the chintziest of buyout and temporary leave packages.

CremaDiLimone

KEV did post the two packages that Delta is offering, neither of those say what you heard so you should check your sources of information.

the way to check is to ask and hopefully, get a reply from kev.

airlines, other than aa, keep changing their packages like we change shirts.

we saw at southwest, they couldn't keep up with the new packages offered by the company.

i heard this from an aa guy...timing of this corresponds with delta's earnings - so, i figured i'd ask.

1AA

My question is? Why hasn't the ASSociation made this a BIG Deal, Why aren't they pushing the AFLCIO and other Labor groups within our industry to Band together in A JOINT Effort?

Sending hundreds of the same letters or a Petition will NOT make any difference IMO, Unless the airlines, and the Unions of such get together and make a substantial push to make this happen, The US Government will do what has planned, for the cares act. Why NO Joint statement form the CEO's of ALL the airlines stating facts as to the problems that will arise with the stoppage of this Money?

We have not seen any letters yet that pertain to the M&R group, Nor have we seen any substantial package either, just news reports and papers in Dallas stating that AA has said this.

If AA, UAL, SWA, JetBlue, Frontier, Spirit, Alaska, Horizon, Delta, and all the rest want to survive then it is IMO their job to make this happen. They have lots of powerful lobby people in place. It's up to THEM..
I see your shooting the messenger. Ouch, that hurts. Lol.....

Per email from company WARN notices

18% pilots

37% FAs

22% maintenance n related

26% Fleet

30% passenger service

23% reservations

Plus there are early outs and leave of absence too

I see your shooting the messenger. Ouch, that hurts. Lol.....

1AA

Not my intention at all, You support AMFA coming here, the TWU wants us to sign, write, do what ever to help extend the Cares package, All I was saying its about time they do what we pay them to do, fight for what they say they are here for,, US. "YES" we all know its dues NOT us It's time for Garcia, Sito, Sammeulson and the TWU/IAM and the AFLCIO to put all the dues money to good use. AA and the rest of the airlines if they want to aid in their survival as well. Use the influence they have also.

The little guy is NOT going to change anything it's way above our pay grade.

American Airlines to Offer Revised Leaves of Absence and Voluntary Early Outs

July 15, 2020

American Airlines will announce today that they are offering ‘enhanced’ Leaves of Absence and Early Outs to Association members. Association leadership discussed these revised offers and made several suggestions that would make them more attractive to our members. Most of the suggestions were not taken. We advise all of our membership to consider these offers carefully. Each person must weigh the costs and benefits that accepting any of the offers would have on their unique situation. The Company will communicate the offers and provide information relative to them. Questions about the leaves and early-outs should be directed to management.
Questions about the contracts should be directed to your union representatives.In these unprecedented times, we urge all of our members to be safe. We also remind everyone that our solidarity is our greatest asset in both good and turbulent times.

The Association Leadership Team

This is the latest from the ASSociation, just proves my point that they the TWU/IAM have talked with AA leadership & they know what is going to happen.

For those in M&R work group do you think they were thinking of the TWU/IAM ASSociation as a whole or US? I would bet your answer is, them as a whole,
SO isn't time for those of you who have NOT signed a card and those who have NOT gotten someone to sign a AMFA card to do so.

So the new early out program is pretty close to what UA did with their second one.
The enhanced insurance will most definitely entice more to leave

So the new early out program is pretty close to what UA did with their second one.
The enhanced insurance will most definitely entice more to leave

VOR

Are you saying that AA has put out numbers both money and medical that they would offer if you took the early retirement and the Leave of Absents?

If can you provide where or post it?

Remove the early age penalty to pension and 75% pay for one year including license premium. I can work with 150k additional medical

Details are on Jetnet

The voluntary programs we are rolling out today for frontline represented workgroups:

• Extended leave program
Extended leaves of 15, 18 or 24 months that provide continued medical coverage at active rates, continued non-rev travel privileges and partial pay for certain eligible team members.

• Early-out program
An enhanced early-out offering for team members with at least 10 years of occupational seniority. This program includes up to $150,000 in a Retiree Health Reimbursement Arrangement for 65-point plan retirement-eligible team members, as well as some positive space travel.

We have also introduced a new early-out program for team members who have less than 10 years of occupational seniority that will provide continuation of active medical coverage and non-rev travel privileges for a period of time.

There's a station overage list that breaks it down. It's being passed around. Truth or not...I don't know. It's been out for awhile though. It's ironic that the numbers matched up to those released today though. Take it for what you will

Latest posts

Back