American looking to "right-size" the company and staffing levels for the Fall and 2021

I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying I have found no mention of that and I am asking you to validate your claim.

Yeah, I think my obligation to provide detailed footnotes pretty much ended in the 80's when I finished my degree...

He still reads my posts from time to time as well and he also has me on ignore supposively.

Jeesh. I am so sorry to hear that.

However it is not unexpected when you have people working in a small confined space like the belly of an aircraft or in the confines of the cabin.

Let me ask you this if you are in Fleet Service, or any department really, did they (the company) take steps to isolate the employees from each other by separating them into groups. Like the guys in the belly did they work with the same people day after day or were they all mixed up. It may have been a good idea to create groups to minimize the spread.

I can't speak for your co workers but I have been out of the hospital for a month now and I am still having symptoms (though I am COVID free.... the damage is done). In fact the doctor put me on an inhaler just today due to persistent symptoms. If they work a bit slow post COVID try to extend them some consideration. I anticipate I will have breathing issues for months. I had heart related issues for almost a month (elevated pulse).
NOMB, but would like to ask. After having COVID does it permanently damage the lungs or breathing problems will stay with you? If so, how long??
I have not been back to work since the very first positive case at our work was revealed and he was in another work location on the other side of airport. I stopped going to work on my own, even before they offered any kind of leaves and time off. Didn't wanna take any chances (in our fields of work) of spreading to my grandchildren or my family.
Hope you get a full recovery, stay safe, get back to healthy...

He still reads my posts from time to time as well and he also has me on ignore supposively.

NOMB, but would like to ask. After having COVID does it permanently damage the lungs or breathing problems will stay with you? If so, how long??.

There is no "common damage report" for the virus. My brother and his wife were infected and after 14-day quarantine, neither of them had apparent permanent damage of any kind. A friend of mine is in the hospital at the moment (non-COVID reason). I went to the hospital to take him some clean clothing items. I was talking with a registered nurse on my friend's floor. She had served 2 tours of duty on the virus ward, and she said "I am petrified at the thought of catching the virus. There is no predicting the outcome. Some patients leave the hospital without noticeable problems. Others have permanent holes in their lungs."

As far as spreading it. My sister-in-law tested positive, then negative a few weeks later, then positive again a few weeks after that! Even though she is now testing negative again, they(brother and wife) are not allowing any relatives to come to their house because they have no idea whether they can or can't infect someone. The best the doctor could say is "you are probably not infectious."

I am still waiting for eolesen to substantiate his claim that airline workers are being paid from the Aviation Trust Fund.

this issue was brought up a few months ago. the info is an enter button away.

you are being prompted to ask the treasury dept. here's the head of the treasury dept:

“I’ve been very clear this is not an airline bailout,” Mnuchin said. “And that taxpayers need to be compensated for relief they’re giving to airlines.”

U.S. airlines are preparing to tap the government for up to $25 billion in grants to cover payroll in a sharp travel downturn triggered by the coronavirus, even after the government warned it may take stakes in exchange for bailout funds, people familiar with the matter said.

Mnuchin can demand equity, warrants or other financial instruments in order to “provide appropriate compensation to the federal government.” A Treasury spokeswoman declined to comment on a report that Mnuchin would demand equity.

if mnuchin is saying that taxpayers need to be compensated for relief THEY are giving the airlines, what does that tell you?

there's more comments from politicians that taxpayers are taking the risks for the cares act and need to be compensated.

you need to read others' posts, not just your own.

in this case, i rejected what he said months ago. if he proves me wrong, so be it. i got no response when i posted the comments from mnuchin and others that tell us another story about cares act monies. i respect the other poster - whom i frequently agree with, but he has absolutely no respect for others' opinions - opinions on subjective matters that he deems objective; just because he says so.

i was told that my head was up my a$$ when i had the gall to stand my ground on the cares act and how it had nothing to do with his musings about the act and the airlines.

NOMB, but would like to ask. After having COVID does it permanently damage the lungs or breathing problems will stay with you? If so, how long?
I have been told that COVID attacks the lungs and leaves behind scar tissue. I don't know if the symptoms are permanent or not , I only know that as of a month after getting out of the hospital I am still having breathing issues and as recently as yesterday was prescribed Albuterol.

To describe what it feels like, well besides the obvious shortness of breath, you know that feeling you get right below your throat when you need to cough or are trying to suppress a cough, I feel that 24/7. I can provide you updates as time passes but as far as it being permanent, I just don't know. I am sorry I don't have more information for you.

Yeah, I think my obligation to provide detailed footnotes pretty much ended in the 80's when I finished my degree...
More than likely you made an error and rather stand in a burning house than admit you are fallible.

A true paragon to narcissism.

Narcissism
Symptoms include an excessive need for admiration, disregard for others' feelings, an inability to handle any criticism, and a sense of entitlement.

That is you to a T.

There is no "common damage report" for the virus. My brother and his wife were infected and after 14-day quarantine, neither of them had apparent permanent damage of any kind. A friend of mine is in the hospital at the moment (non-COVID reason). I went to the hospital to take him some clean clothing items. I was talking with a registered nurse on my friend's floor. She had served 2 tours of duty on the virus ward, and she said "I am petrified at the thought of catching the virus. There is no predicting the outcome. Some patients leave the hospital without noticeable problems. Others have permanent holes in their lungs."

As far as spreading it. My sister-in-law tested positive, then negative a few weeks later, then positive again a few weeks after that! Even though she is now testing negative again, they(brother and wife) are not allowing any relatives to come to their house because they have no idea whether they can or can't infect someone. The best the doctor could say is "you are probably not infectious."
The test I took involved them ramming a Q-Tip up my nose to an uncomfortable and painful level. They stated it can take 24 hours to get results. The reason they probably tested positive, then negative, then positive again is because they caught a different strain. People think once you get COVID you are immune but that is incorrect, there are several strains of the virus. That is why it is so dangerous to be in a COVID ward and why they try to get you out as soon as possible. While in the COVID ward you are in extreme danger because you are already compromised and are on a floor full of COVID patients where people could possibly have different versions of COVID than you do.

My wife had no worse than minor cold symptoms (not even that it was more like light summer allergies). I ended up in the hospital on oxygen being treated with Remdesivir and convalescent plasma. Most likely we had the same strain. So 2 people most likely with the same strain and 2 very different outcomes. That is why COVID is so dangerous. Some people have it and show no symptoms at all. People keep comparing it with the Flu but when someone has the Flu you KNOW they are sick, COVID hides in plain sight, that is the danger.

if mnuchin is saying that taxpayers need to be compensated for relief THEY are giving the airlines, what does that tell you?
It tells me eolesen does not know what the hell he is talking about. Again, no matter how much proof you provide, he is going to stand his ground and watch the house burn down around him rather than admit he made a mistake. Like I said, a paragon of narcissism.

Notice instead of providing validation of his claim his answer was to hide (ignore list) and make a snarky comment. He just can't stand criticism.

you need to read others' posts, not just your own
I try to read everyone's post. Well everyone but Dog Wonder, I feel he is a clown that contributes nothing to any conversation besides stupid asinine one liners. In fact he is the only person I have ever put on ignore, not because he offended me, but because I consider reading his posts a waste of time.

in this case, i rejected what he said months ago. if he proves me wrong, so be it. i got no response when i posted the comments from mnuchin and others that tell us another story about cares act monies. i respect the other poster - whom i frequently agree with, but he has absolutely no respect for others' opinions - opinions on subjective matters that he deems objective; just because he says so.
A fine example of entitlement. What can't be criticized can't be challenged and one thing a narcissist hates is being challenged.

i was told that my head was up my a$$ when i had the gall to stand my ground on the cares act and how it had nothing to do with his musings about the act and the airlines.
Well you committed the biggest sin of all. You thought for yourself. In this day and age people who have dissenting opinions must be cancelled.

Welcome to Cancel Culture.

I have been told that COVID attacks the lungs and leaves behind scar tissue. I don't know if the symptoms are permanent or not , I only know that as of a month after getting out of the hospital I am still having breathing issues and as recently as yesterday was prescribed Albuterol.

To describe what it feels like, well besides the obvious shortness of breath, you know that feeling you get right below your throat when you need to cough or are trying to suppress a cough, I feel that 24/7. I can provide you updates as time passes but as far as it being permanent, I just don't know. I am sorry I don't have more information for you.
When I was sick back in April I had that feeling below the throat when it came to coughing or suppressing cough.
Depending on a person health covid can leave damage. But per some of the medical reports I've seen in news over last few months most recovery but it's the recovery itself can be a b!tch.

When I was sick back in April I had that feeling below the throat when it came to coughing or suppressing cough.
Depending on a person health covid can leave damage. But per some of the medical reports I've seen in news over last few months most recovery but it's the recovery itself can be a b!tch.
Indeed.

They say you are "over it" in two weeks but that only means you are not infectious anymore.

The symptoms I am afraid can be a lot more persistent.

Last edited:
Let’s not spread fear. Here is a recently released study on different strains of Covid-19

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/08/200803105246.htm

a
nd a video

I am not spreading fear.

I am a recovering COVID patient that was admitted to OSU COVID ward.

I am only sharing information I learned during my time as a patient and the experience of actually going through the recovery.

I might also add I was ASKED to share that information. It was not posted with any intent other to satisfy the ask.

Well the flu has been known to cause permanent lung damage .
So if it effected you in such a way it’s possible

Back