American Maintenance Stations

ekjkj

Feb 16, 2006
I'm a US mechanic and was wondering where American has maintenance stations for both line and base maintenance. I don't think PIT will be here in a few years so I might start researhing where our family might move. Thanks

The main Class 1 Stations are: JFK, LGA, MIA,ORD, DFW, SFO, LAX. Tulsa is the main overhaul base. DWH is a mini overhaul base on the south east end of DFW airport (former Delta hangars). MCIE not sure if its still running and AFW is no longer with us, except for TAESEL.

The main Class 1 Stations are: JFK, LGA, MIA,ORD, DFW, SFO, LAX. Tulsa is the main overhaul base. DWH is a mini overhaul base on the south east end of DFW airport (former Delta hangars). MCIE not sure if its still running and AFW is no longer with us, except for TAESEL.
What are Class 1 stations? What are the other stations that have techs?

AA stations staffed by AA maintenance. Not sure on all particulars but it depends on the type of maintenance that can be performed and the number of overnight aircraft. You have stations like BOS which have AA maintenance but are class 2.

General rule of thumb is .... AA staffed mtc. Hangar. Avionics. B check mtc. Three shifts. 24/7 mtc operation. There are some differences but these are the basics.

Class 1 stations do B-cks and have inspectors and Avionics. They run 24/7

Class 2 stations do up to A-cks and can be midnights only or 24/7.

The class 3 and 4 I am not sure of anymore but I believe class 3 means oncall maintenance.

Class 1 stations as of today are DFW, JFK (maybe LGA but not sure), LAX, ORD, MIA, SFO, and STL.

Class 2, I am just not as sure. But I know SAT, AUS, ATL, TPA, MCO, SEA, ...... anyone want to add to the list?

Class 1 stations do B-cks and have inspectors and Avionics. They run 24/7

Class 2 stations do up to A-cks and can be midnights only or 24/7.

The class 3 and 4 I am not sure of anymore but I believe class 3 means oncall maintenance.

Class 1 stations as of today are DFW, JFK (maybe LGA but not sure), LAX, ORD, MIA, SFO, and STL.

Class 2, I am just not as sure. But I know SAT, AUS, ATL, TPA, MCO, SEA, ...... anyone want to add to the list?

sure rio de janiro is now a class two station doing a and b checks what OTHER int'l stations did the twu allow to be class two stations?

i think abq is now a class two station staffed by you guessed it twu allowed contract maintenance!

You forgot about our brothers and sister in STL.

Back