AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on negotiations is this.
Based on what some are saying that the December meetings are window dressing to finish off the year I believe this will happen. Since some have said we will resume in April 2020 here is my theory.
The APA will start negotiations in January. The APFA will start in May.
So the company will focus on the pilots (APA) come January. Then in April they will come back to us to see if the association budged any on the sticky points. If not then the company will proceed with the Flight Attendants (APFA) in May. Depending on how things went with the APA we may move a bit more further or else we will be on the back burner. If my theory holds true then we have more than enough time to get enough cards signed by April 2020. So let's focus on getting cards signed because unless a miracle happens this month we won't see nothing until whenever both sides decide to give and take a little.

Anyone that refuses to sign just ask yourself how much longer are you willing to wait?
Six months?
One year?
Eighteen months?
In this time frame we could collect enough cards and file for a representational election. If you wait for a vote from the association you won't get one as promised. The infamous question #5 on the Q&A from the Association.

If this scenario happens it will be totally unacceptable
I agree we need new representation but to wait that long for gains that we deserve now is BS
If AA wants to see the operation continue to erode this is a sure fire way for it to happen
Contract Now

I agree we need new representation but to wait that long for gains that we deserve now is BS
If AA wants to see the operation continue to erode this is a sure fire way for it to happen
Contract Now
What's five more months when it's been four years already gone by without a new deal? We have plenty of union members that keep saying wait because we are close to a new deal.

Reactions: swamt
Yes they are. NMB added them or clarified it during the association certification. We have maintenance planners throughout the system that are management. This should be interesting.

Yes they sure are

OK. Cool. Did not know for sure. Thx for the clarification.
It's ok if they were previous management. We too had two groups that just came onboard with AMFA that were previous management and they are soooo thankful for coming over. Now they all have rules and regs to follow (both workers and management) where the co can no longer direct everything that they just want.
Let them have their own language covering their work details, that simple guys.

Tulsa Card Signing at record pace
LAA Line Stations all with active organizers getting signed cards
LUS cards being signed with ease

This drive is going to succeed beyond the Dead, Retired, and other corrupt eligibility additions the Industrial Unions might add...

Keep up the card signing
Guarantee that desired vote!!
We can’t be denied if we overpower them with support
KEEP THE DRIVE ALIVE!!!

When do negotiations start up again? I know it was posted at one time...hopefully both Fleet and the Mechanics & Related can get this thing wrapped up...

NMB Schedules Meetings
November 25, 2019
0 Comments

The Association leadership has pursued continuing negotiations on American Airlines with or without the presence of the National Mediation Board (NMB) with some limited success. After our last negotiating session closed November 15, we asked the Company to agree to meet this week. They declined.

The National Mediation Board has announced scheduled mediation dates for the first two weeks of December. We will meet with NMB members December 4th and 6th next week and December 9ththrough 12th the following week.

Our intention will be, as it always has been, to bring the best in industry contract to our membership. We are fully prepared to reach conclusion to these negotiations if the Company is ready and willing to step up to the plate and get it done.

Contract Now
AMFA now!!!

Reactions: Vortilon
What's five more months when it's been four years already gone by without a new deal? We have plenty of union members that keep saying wait because we are close to a new deal.
Because 5 more could turn into 10 or more and that is lost wages and benefits that will never be recovered
I don’t get why that’s so hard to understand
We are playing with fire here one big hiccup in the economy and you can throw any and all possible gains out the door.
The election is next year and that always has a tendency to slow the economy

Because 5 more could turn into 10 or more and that is lost wages and benefits that will never be recovered
I don’t get why that’s so hard to understand
We are playing with fire here one big hiccup in the economy and you can throw any and all possible gains out the door.
The election is next year and that always has a tendency to slow the economy
V.O. We all thought the very same thing here. Especially right at the exact same time frame you guys are at right now, 4 years +. The advantage we had was the entire membership (over 90%) filled out the survey that wanted scope and full retro as their number one priority, so this was the key to the membership being patient for as long as it takes. "Whatever It Takes" was our phrase. Yea it took 6.5 years but well worth the wait. If we did not hold out for full retro (and plus) it would have been very different.
Stay strong, stay focused, and be proactive with the card drive. I have not ever seen so much energy around an AA card drive until now. Keep the momentum going, the energy is strong and powerful as you all will see as long as this is carried thru to the end. KEEP THE DRIVE ALIVE!!!

Are maintenance planners part of the “And Related”? If so they need to be offered a chance to sign a card for change. A lot in Tulsa are new to the Industrial Union Scam.
Many Planners signed before because no one was sure. I know some Planners were forced into a union and are unhappy. These Planners were also forced into the IAM Pension fund and are angry.
To reiterate the conservative employees that pay dues to affiliates of the AFL-CIO and must not be aware of it.

All maintenance Planners
All maintenance Auditors
All maintenance Trainers

Are in Mechanic and Related craft or class
And yes we need their signed cards also

A repeat post from the other thread but thought it deserved to be in both...

Just one more thing before I go back into the woodwork. There are many people who read this forum who do not post. When you put down other AMT’s from base stations or the IAM and even the title II guys you make it difficult to get cards signed. I walked into GSE last week to let them know that a card drive was starting for AMFA again and all it took was 1 guy to pull up this for him on his cell phone and show the mechanics in the room certain posts where they are putting down title II. Thanks to SWAMT I was able to clear up miscommunication. The attitude of some on here that they are better than others does not help the cause. If we do not unite this will never work. Now it is time for me to crawl back into the woodwork.

I know most on here already know. This is more so for the newbies and the fellas that always follow and read this forum but never post as Fleetoffoot posted above.
Just posting to show how transparent the C&C AMFA is. We just started our regular Local 11 Officer elections as well as our National Officers positions. You can see most are running unopposed, but had anyone wanted to run they would have been put on the ballot. Take notice that our top position National Director is also on the list of Officers for this election. This is what a transparent C&C union looks like.
Also pls note the added info about the "National Convention Constitutional Amendments" are coming up. This is where the membership, YES the membership, submits proposals for amendments and/or changes to the AMFA Constitution. You know, the rules and regs of how AMFA is directed to be ran as a C&C Transparent Union.
Also note the top leaders in our Local 11 Officers positions are also up for re-election, ALR and Pres.
This is a regular cycle within AMFA's Constitution and can not be by passed or not followed. All our top National (International for you guys and your union) Officers as well as our Local Officers are all elected to their position NOT appointed.
Hope this helps with some of the misinformation flying around.

2020 AMFA National Convention Election Results
The results for the Local 11 National Officer Nominations and Convention Delegates have been posted.

• The Local 11 nominee for National Safety and Standards Director is Scott King.
  • Our Nominees for other National positions are as follows:
    • BRET OESTREICH NATIONAL DIRECTOR (UNOPPOSED)
    • GENE PAINTER ASSISTANT NATIONAL DIRECTOR (UNOPPOSED)
    • JAY JOHNSON NATIONAL SECRETARY/TREASURER (UNOPPOSED)
    • WILL ABBOTT REGIONAL DIRECTOR II (UNOPPOSED)
  • The delegates to the Convention are Kern Morris, Lee Rhame , Mike Stanley and Jeff Nichols.
2020 Local 11 Officer Election Results
There being no additional nominations for the 2020 Local Officer positions, Vice President Doug Collier, Treasurer Jason Goodman, ALR Craig Hamlet and Communications Coordinator Pete Miller will continue in their service to Local 11.

2020 AMFA National Convention Constitutional Amendments
Remember that if you have have proposed amendments to the AMFA Constitution , they need to be submitted by 2359CT on Thursday, December 26, 2019.

Please submit your proposed amendments to Local 11.

Here is just another movement by AMFA to get better hold on the aircraft maint being done outside the USA. No other union has worked harder or gotten the attention that AMFA has in Congress and other gov. offices.
Just another look at how a C&C union really does work for and look out for their Aircraft Mechanics all over the place not just the airlines they represent. Great stuff for our industry as well as our Class and Craft...

Press Release: The Safe Aircraft Maintenance Standards Act is a Huge Step Forward
November 15, 2019 -- Today House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman Peter DeFazio (D-OR) introduced The Safe Aircraft Maintenance Standards Act, calling for unannounced FAA inspections of foreign repair stations, minimum qualifications for mechanics and others working on U.S.-registered aircraft at foreign repair stations, data gathering and analysis, a conditional moratorium on FAA certification of new foreign repair stations, and requiring the FAA to a create an online repository for carriers to report heavy maintenance history by location and specific aircraft registration number, as well as other safety metrics.
Read More

A darn good reason to sign a card.
Article is from September of 2018.
We been negotiating before and after this article. I feel the association is not really paying attention to the needs and importance of our profession.
During the AMP drive of 2018 many said wait. This article was released about the same time. Should we still wait and see were this article will lead our industry or should we take control of it here at AA?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/03/airlines-search-for-young-mechanics-as-retirement-wave-looms.html

Reactions: swamt
I don’t believe AMFA National is supporting your drive. They haven’t ever put out anything official stating they were doing so. Can you show me anything official by Brett or anyone else at AMFA saying they’re motivated to take on the TWU/IAM Association?

The AFA has raided the IAM Drive for Delta Flight Attendants and they haven’t shown any fear whatsoever of making it publicly known. They’re all in 100%.

So where’s that AMFA all in showing of support? The crickets are chirping.

Here is just another movement by AMFA to get better hold on the aircraft maint being done outside the USA. No other union has worked harder or gotten the attention that AMFA has in Congress and other gov. offices.
Just another look at how a C&C union really does work for and look out for their Aircraft Mechanics all over the place not just the airlines they represent. Great stuff for our industry as well as our Class and Craft...

Press Release: The Safe Aircraft Maintenance Standards Act is a Huge Step Forward
November 15, 2019 -- Today House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman Peter DeFazio (D-OR) introduced The Safe Aircraft Maintenance Standards Act, calling for unannounced FAA inspections of foreign repair stations, minimum qualifications for mechanics and others working on U.S.-registered aircraft at foreign repair stations, data gathering and analysis, a conditional moratorium on FAA certification of new foreign repair stations, and requiring the FAA to a create an online repository for carriers to report heavy maintenance history by location and specific aircraft registration number, as well as other safety metrics.
Read More
IAM and TWU already supported this when it first came out on September 19.

https://www.goiam.org/news/territor...intenance-outsourcing-disclosure-act-of-2019/

Status
Not open for further replies.