AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is it going to take before A&P licensed mechanics accuse the "and related" of riding their coattails?

6662875-3d-golden-wrench-on-white.jpg

Sarcasm noted. AMFA went on strike at NWA to not accept the company offer, which called for 52% of the AMFA membership to be cut immediately. Fact is, the bulk of that 52% slated to hit the street were Facilities & GSE Maintenance. The NWA AMTs voted to stick up for their title II union brothers, and risked everything to do it. There was no unilateral decision from their International leadership, it was a membership vote. I have never seen that kind of solidarity within the TWU in my 34 years. Our title II could only hope to have that sort of unity with our current representation.

That is the definition of a pointed comment.

You have no basis to call me biased.

Then why say it? At that point it sounds like propaganda/conditioning. Stick with facts not hyperbole.

Let me be very clear, I am not against AMFA, I just don' think it is going to be the magic fix many advertise it as.

I am not hating on anyone. Again I think many on here are building up AMFA to be the savior and will be heavily disappointed when they AMFA falls short of expectations.

I have also said many times in my opinion you would be much better off with something like AMP, a UNION of ONLY American Airlines employees.

If you really want AMFA I wish you luck Vortilon, I really mean that. I just hope it is everything you are building it up to be in your mind.

Nobody has unreal expectations, just a need for transparency, and accountability. Remember, AMFA is US, and who WE elect, not appoint. AMFA is only a framework with a constitution created for Aircraft Mechanics & Related that provides a means to unite and negotiate with a engaged membership. AMFA is not some evil outside entity raiding AA. This is long time AA AMTs starting a grass roots effort to rid ourselves of this ineffective, self serving, non voted in Association.

What happens to LUS guys IAM pension if they switch unions?
You cant loose what you have accumulated, i dont think you will accumulate any more. Since you would not be an iam member you would most likely revert to the 401k match. It would depend on how they word a contract if they do get one.

Personally when they froze my pension it worked out well for me. The accrual at aa was basically a $100.00 a year. When they froze it it was around $2000.00 a month. The kids had just graduated from College so the 1500.00 a month a was sending there i now put in the 401k. At a 5.5% match ive done pretty well. If i had a 9% match i would be doing better.

Reactions: swamt
You cant loose what you have accumulated, i dont think you will accumulate any more. Since you would not be an iam member you would most likely revert to the 401k match. It would depend on how they word a contract if they do get one.
And that is what AA is trying to do now in negotiations. Put all members in the proposed 401k match. That's one of the hangups.

If at first you don't succeed try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try FAIL again.
BTW...someone get Conehead a thesaurus. He must have skipped basic english in kindergarten.

If at first you don't succeed try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try try FAIL again.
BTW...someone get Conehead a thesaurus. He must have skipped basic english in kindergarten.
They will start coming out of the wood work. Spreading bullshot and discontent.

You cant loose what you have accumulated, i dont think you will accumulate any more. Since you would not be an iam member you would most likely revert to the 401k match. It would depend on how they word a contract if they do get one.[/QUOTE I am under the same assumptions that you will retain what you have in the IAM pension and accrual will be frozen, you will then switch over to the new contract 401k if that is what American Airlines is offering to AMFA or whom ever. My understanding is that if you retire under the IAM pension fund you cannot collect it if you are still working in the airline industry. Is there any stipulation that if you are collecting pension/ 401K from another fund that the IAM pension will not pay off.? Just asking, that would be a concern if I was LUS and thinking about signing a AMFA card.

I am under the same assumptions that you will retain what you have in the IAM pension and accrual will be frozen, you will then switch over to the new contract 401k if that is what American Airlines is offering to AMFA or whom ever. My understanding is that if you retire under the IAM pension fund you cannot collect it if you are still working in the airline industry. Is there any stipulation that if you are collecting pension/ 401K from another fund that the IAM pension will not pay off.? Just asking, that would be a concern if I was LUS and thinking about signing a AMFA card

I am under the same assumptions that you will retain what you have in the IAM pension and accrual will be frozen, you will then switch over to the new contract 401k if that is what American Airlines is offering to AMFA or whom ever. My understanding is that if you retire under the IAM pension fund you cannot collect it if you are still working in the airline industry. Is there any stipulation that if you are collecting pension/ 401K from another fund that the IAM pension will not pay off.? Just asking, that would be a concern if I was LUS and thinking about signing a AMFA card
Then what would be the difference if under a JCBA, with the Association as your representative, the company went to a 401k only and you were no longer contributing to the IAM Pension? Would that not be the same end result whoever is your representative is?

Reactions: swamt
The iam pension will not pay of your in the industry , same as it is today.
401k has no affect on tha pension..

Then what would be the difference if under a JCBA, with the Association as your representative, the company went to a 401k only and you were no longer contributing to the IAM Pension? Would that not be the same end result whoever is your representative is?
Yes. Thats the problem the iam will not accept that. Puts us tight where we are today. In the associatoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts