AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you are in my FB group or not but we put out the REAL update.

Union BS: Put out an update saying that they were NOT going to update because negotiations were going deep into the weekend.
My FB Group: we told everyone last week that the company wasn't even there in negotiations and that the union was lying. Union pollyannas claimed the union confirmed negotiations were taking place with the company.

My FB Group put out last month that the company took the D3 off the table after the union suggested just D + 0. The union finally confirmed this in the update. The difference is that the union didn't properly inform that the reason why it is only D is because the union suggested to subsidize gaining 4 more stations. It was a cost neutral for the company so D3 was taken off the table so the union could add more members. (Fleet).

All IAM AGC's were in unity not to reveal that the company never attended or negotiated. One Local President from the TWU said that he would refuse to go back to his station and misinform the members of this. This forced the Association to "Fess Up" with its Bull SHIAT Lies about negotiating 'deep into the weekend'. In fact, the Associaiton, for the first time, refused to sign the official update "The executive negotiation team". Instead, i'm told it had Dave Lehive write it out. And to save face, they said they truly were negotiating but 'over the phone'. LMFAO.

At any rate, there is nothing left. It's lame duck. Negotiations have been over since late October. The union has refused to sign because it wants the company to take out language dealing with permanent injunction stuff. Company refuses because it doesn't want to go through any mindless botched slowdown again and also doesn't want the pilots to think it is soft.

Consider all of the above as hearsay but you can check out our FB group and the Blue Fairy at the bottom of the garden has been right 100% of the time and he/she is NOT a prophet. Believe me.
I’ve felt for sometime the court issue was the major sticking point.
So Tim do you think they may go ahead and bring about a deal once they realize the card drive will succeed?
Or are we just screwed indefinitely?

1AA. What is Title 1 n Title 2? Are they different

I have never understood why MTR has been having FSA negotiate when they clearly have far more responsible than us rampies.

Tim. Im not in your FB. Send link to my FB so i can check it out.

Not sure if you are in my FB group or not but we put out the REAL update.

Union BS: Put out an update saying that they were NOT going to update because negotiations were going deep into the weekend.
My FB Group: we told everyone last week that the company wasn't even there in negotiations and that the union was lying. Union pollyannas claimed the union confirmed negotiations were taking place with the company.

My FB Group put out last month that the company took the D3 off the table after the union suggested just D + 0. The union finally confirmed this in the update. The difference is that the union didn't properly inform that the reason why it is only D is because the union suggested to subsidize gaining 4 more stations. It was a cost neutral for the company so D3 was taken off the table so the union could add more members. (Fleet).

All IAM AGC's were in unity not to reveal that the company never attended or negotiated. One Local President from the TWU said that he would refuse to go back to his station and misinform the members of this. This forced the Association to "Fess Up" with its Bull SHIAT Lies about negotiating 'deep into the weekend'. In fact, the Associaiton, for the first time, refused to sign the official update "The executive negotiation team". Instead, i'm told it had Dave Lehive write it out. And to save face, they said they truly were negotiating but 'over the phone'. LMFAO.

At any rate, there is nothing left. It's lame duck. Negotiations have been over since late October. The union has refused to sign because it wants the company to take out language dealing with permanent injunction stuff. Company refuses because it doesn't want to go through any mindless botched slowdown again and also doesn't want the pilots to think it is soft.

Consider all of the above as hearsay but you can check out our FB group and the Blue Fairy at the bottom of the garden has been right 100% of the time and he/she is NOT a prophet. Believe me.

Are you saying that we aren’t getting retro pay, is so AA will open 4 more stations for ramp, and this is one of the sticking points in negotiations?

not exactly sure what all the abbreviations stand for.

1AA. What is Title 1 n Title 2? Are they different

I have never understood why MTR has been having FSA negotiate when they clearly have far more responsible than us rampies.

Tim. Im not in your FB. Send link to my FB so i can check it out.
Title 1 is AMT'S.

Title 2 is Facilities and Automotive.

And we have Alex Garcia who is from the ramp negotiating for Title 1 and 2.

And we have a loud mouth MTA track layer representing the TWU at American Airlines as well as any other airline group under the TWU. Do we have a problem here?

Reactions: 787nightmare
In the event the drive is successful, what is the plan for temporary Reps until elections take place? Specifically who would they be at the big 5 and TULE?

I skimmed through the constitution and so far this is all I'm seeing. If someone knows where it's at, feel free to speak up.

Section 6 – Application Approval
Upon approval of a charter by the NEC, the Local shall, within two months of receiving the charter, call for elec tion of all offcers as provided for in this Constitution.
TopCat, I too will not guess without looking it up. I will say the AMFA National will jump in and help once a vote is called for to help with how and what will have to take place. It could be that they ask for temp volunteers until the locals can get thru a full membership vote for the local officers. But I assure you when the time comes AMFA National will more than likely appoint a rep to help you all out, that's a no brainer. But like most have said, let's face one step at a time and get those cards in. We can only hope we all have to worry about the step you ask about soon.

the IAM guys just confirmed a salary increase on January 1st. They thought about withholding the salary increases until the members got a pay raise, but they decided to just go ahead and accept the raise.

The AMFA drive is going solid but like any campaign, it will take time. But imo it's going to be pretty quick. At least quicker than what that group did prior.
Salary increases AGAIN?? Well, good for them, they just succeeded in speeding up the card drive with even more energy. I know of 2 for sure, but is this not the 3rd raise they have voted on for themselves since 4-5 years of nego's started?? Or maybe it is since the asso was forced on everyone???

Well, to be fair, remember, we have psycho, turncoat, amfa supporter, management wanna be now international bigshot,, Petersen probably no seat at the table but whispering in Garcia's ear. How fortunate we are.

Well, to be fair, remember, we have psycho, turncoat, amfa supporter, management wanna be now international bigshot,, Petersen probably no seat at the table but whispering in Garcia's ear. How fortunate we are.
Alex and Sito are the final say. Honestly if Peterson was able to be in Alex Garcias position we might be closer to an agreement in title 1 and 2. My opinion of course because I never owned a crystal ball and met Cloey.

Last edited:
Alex and Sito are the final say. Honestly if Peterson was able to be in Alex Garcias position we might be closer to an agreement in title 1 and 2. My opinion of course because I never owned a crystal ball and met Cloey.
Interesting view, what do you base your comment on?

Title 1 is AMT'S.

Title 2 is Facilities and Automotive.

And we have Alex Garcia who is from the ramp negotiating for Title 1 and 2.

And we have a loud mouth MTA track layer representing the TWU at American Airlines as well as any other airline group under the TWU. Do we have a problem here?
Ty for that info

There is little doubt if AMFA succeeds that Mr Peterson will go into management at the airline. It's always about Mr Peterson.

TopCat, I too will not guess without looking it up. I will say the AMFA National will jump in and help once a vote is called for to help with how and what will have to take place. It could be that they ask for temp volunteers until the locals can get thru a full membership vote for the local officers. But I assure you when the time comes AMFA National will more than likely appoint a rep to help you all out, that's a no brainer. But like most have said, let's face one step at a time and get those cards in. We can only hope we all have to worry about the step you ask about soon.

Salary increases AGAIN?? Well, good for them, they just succeeded in speeding up the card drive with even more energy. I know of 2 for sure, but is this not the 3rd raise they have voted on for themselves since 4-5 years of nego's started?? Or maybe it is since the asso was forced on everyone???
yes. not a big salary increase but 2%.

Are you saying that we aren’t getting retro pay, is so AA will open 4 more stations for ramp, and this is one of the sticking points in negotiations?

not exactly sure what all the abbreviations stand for.
the 3% was suggested by the union downward to only Delta. To subsidize 4 additional stations in which the association will gain over 500 members. Basically, 16,000 current rampers giving up 3% so the Association can gain IAH, RSW, and 2 other stations. That's the report we posted in late October. And now the Association admits the 3% isn't there, they just don't tell you why.

I’ve felt for sometime the court issue was the major sticking point.
So Tim do you think they may go ahead and bring about a deal once they realize the card drive will succeed?
Or are we just screwed indefinitely?
The court issue was why the union balked on a Friday morning in October from what was reported. In my opinion, the Association/Company will do the same thing it has done in prior raids, i.e., it will claim that AMFA has stopped all negotiations and that you will have to start from zero. Lol. And the company will do its part and stack the deck. However, it doesn't look like a 60% signup will be a problem so I'm sure AMFA will have plenty. Don't be surprised if the Association finally goes to amfa to attempt to cut a deal. Not saying that AMFA will listen but I mean what else can the Association do????

Then again, they may bring out a TA and offer a recommendation of "No", then hoping it passes and blame AMFA. God only knows what these morons will do. And imo, the mechanics can't control what the dopes do so I don't think anyone should worry about things they can't control. Because the Association CAN"T control a AMFA vote once the cards are submitted unless it recertifies itself. Just make sure the cards keep getting signed quickly, nothing would surprise me with those bums.

Reactions: AMFAinMIAMI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts