AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the event the drive is successful, what is the plan for temporary Reps until elections take place? Specifically who would they be at the big 5 and TULE?
I think you're putting the cart before the horse, Getting a vote should be our only concern. We have tried this many times and fallen short for whatever reasons in the past. No need to rehash those either. This assoc. has failed us all from the get go. Lied and put out false info to keep both LUS and LAA in the dark which has been the standard here at AA for as far back as we can remember. The National officers will still be there at AMFA. What, & where, & who is required by the needed new Locals to give us autonomy from the other carriers will be determined then. Don't LQQK for a reason to stall the drive to replace the Assoc.

AA announced that they are going to open 3 satellite bases for FAs, something the FAs Union has been asking for. Makes life a little easier for FAs living in MCO AUS and LAS.

Tells me AA is willing to work with unions to make life a little easier and enjoy in the success of AA. Except for us, that makes me think the association is making outlandish demands or are not negotiating in good faith.

What those demands are, only they know as they have no accountability to us. With Samuelson and his tough guy rhetoric you would have thought we would have had a contract by the end of summer instead being delayed 5 months, and him disappearing from the seen, and according to the associations last update we aren’t even close to a contract even further away then we were 18 months ago.

I think you're putting the cart before the horse, Getting a vote should be our only concern. We have tried this many times and fallen short for whatever reasons in the past. No need to rehash those either. This assoc. has failed us all from the get go. Lied and put out false info to keep both LUS and LAA in the dark which has been the standard here at AA for as far back as we can remember. The National officers will still be there at AMFA. What, & where, & who is required by the needed new Locals to give us autonomy from the other carriers will be determined then. Don't LQQK for a reason to stall the drive to replace the Assoc.

I think it's a legitimate question to want to know who will be the interim Reps during the 2 months the AMFA constitution give to perform a vote.

I'm not trying to slow down the drive, but I want to know who will be at the wheel for the first 2 months at the big 5 and Tulsa? The first months are critical to make sure things are transferred over properly.

I'm of the logic to plan ahead, not wait until it happens and then wonder what to do

I think it's a legitimate question to want to know who will be the interim Reps during the 2 months the AMFA constitution give to perform a vote.

I'm not trying to slow down the drive, but I want to know who will be at the wheel for the first 2 months at the big 5 and Tulsa? The first months are critical to make sure things are transferred over properly.

I'm of the logic to plan ahead, not wait until it happens and then wonder what to do
Again brother, one step at a time. Let's get thru the big steps first.

I can tell ya one thing. ALL the officers at local level and National level will in fact be "VOTED" into their positions if/and when AMFA gets voted in at AA. No where will you find that with "ANY" other industrial unions out there, period...

Reactions: 787nightmare

There are enough experienced prople that will step up at the opportune time. I have no reservations

Reactions: thisjobsux

Many of the guy's who over the yrs pushed for the removal of the TWU tried the change from within and seen while TWU officer it was a mistake. So there are Guys throughout the system that will at the time step up to guide the transition period. Other than some local rules and COMMAND of the union what would be to turn over. YOUR dues and all the members who are affected by the new union (AMFA) would remain with the TWU... The hall and all it's belongings still will stay with the TWU or IAM. Check at your station who would step up that will give you an idea who you will have. Just remember same people same BS.

I understand you wanting to be pro-active, but I gotta ask; Why are you so concerned with all the stations as far as far as reps? You only have a voice at your station (location) on who your rep will be. The workforce at the other stations will handle who they vote in as their reps.
If most of your concerns are worrying that current and/or asso. supporters will run, I am sure the membership will make sure those folks are NOT voted in. Each station will more than take care of themselves as far as their representation at the Local levels. And don't forget, you yourself can also sign up to be the rep. ALR's are the top position within AMFA (more control) than any of the other positions.
Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.

AA announced that they are going to open 3 satellite bases for FAs, something the FAs Union has been asking for. Makes life a little easier for FAs living in MCO AUS and LAS.

Tells me AA is willing to work with unions to make life a little easier and enjoy in the success of AA. Except for us, that makes me think the association is making outlandish demands or are not negotiating in good faith.

What those demands are, only they know as they have no accountability to us. With Samuelson and his tough guy rhetoric you would have thought we would have had a contract by the end of summer instead being delayed 5 months, and him disappearing from the seen, and according to the associations last update we aren’t even close to a contract even further away then we were 18 months ago.

Exactly and with more jobs being added in TUL, how is it the union keeps saying they want to remove more work.
Yet another lie exposed
Where the hell is our contract to vote on.
What are these jerks waiting on

Status
Not open for further replies.