AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUKE787; Here's a question you can ask both the TWU/IAM reps, How is it going to make you feel when we Kick your A$$ to the curb.

It may seem that the TWU is bowing to the IAM, maybe it's payback for how the TWU treated the TWA guys. 4-10-01 & 25% instead of just going by occupational seniority and just dovetail like they did this time. Remember AA went BK, NOT USAirways.

Company policies, procedures, and the M&R contract seems to favor the IAM/USAir side, remember AA went BK Not USAirways.

All of what is going on just Proves that the switch from this ASSociation to AMFA going forward is the right decision for the M&R class & Craft.

Duke don't let what is going on inside this ASSociation cause a rift between the IAM side and the TWU side, both are in this together to remove this ASSociation as the bargaining unit for M&R.

I’m not saying anything against the LUS mech just the total confusion and cultural differences between the two unions that represent us.

it’s telling the underhanded way the association took control of the mechs of the new AA.

And hopefully this underhandedness proves to be the downfall of the Association! An absolute cluster from the Start! The IAM/TWU got too Cocky with our livelihoods!

Last edited:
I knew exactly what he meant. Point is US Air has a bankruptcy history of their own.
They both do. And his point was AA filed for BK not US Air this time, and helped save them, and is now ran by previous management at America West who also ran US Air after that merger. Why they still kept him at the helm and still are is beyond me. He does not know how to run this large of an airline, period. Also can't believe the BOD are still allowing him to run it, just baffling to watch.

They both do. And his point was AA filed for BK not US Air this time, and helped save them, and is now ran by previous management at America West who also ran US Air after that merger. Why they still kept him at the helm and still are is beyond me. He does not know how to run this large of an airline, period. Also can't believe the BOD are still allowing him to run it, just baffling to watch.
Record profits that's why.

I'm on the VEOP (Voluntary Early Out Program) and will be permanently separated from AA in April 2021. I was not approached to sign an AMFA card. Would it make a difference to sign one and mail it in?
Too late. AA already submitted a eligibility list. If a vote happens before you retire or separate you will get to vote. If a vote is called after you separate you should receive a vote notification.

Happy New Year to you all!!!

2020 sucked big time.
The only good news out of 2020 was of course the news that the Vaccine is here. Also, although very, very late a new PSP relief package was brought out saving layoffs and bringing back furloughed people in the airline industry. Other good news in 2020 was the announcement of AA AMFA Organizers getting their cards to the NMB successfully.

Here's to a Happy New Year for all of us, and here's to a great way to kick off the new year with the announcement from the NMB to move forward with a representational vote for representation for AMFA @ AA in 2021!!! :)

Any word when there will be a vote?
Not yet. NMB still verifying and doing their due diligence. They still will have to call for protesting and rebuttals by both sides and I believe there might be a possibility of a request to add certain groups to the class and craft but only the NMB can determine that. To give you an idea, the last mechanics group that files for repretational vote that I found on the NMB's web sight didn't get a vote announcement until 4 months after investigation started by NMB. It's only been a little over a month and a half. Plus with the holidays as well as covid, they are running short handed and more than likely from home so things will take a bit longer. We probably won't hear anything until around March or April as far as a vote goes. That's my opinion only.

Reactions: chellow
Not yet. NMB still verifying and doing their due diligence. They still will have to call for protesting and rebuttals by both sides and I believe there might be a possibility of a request to add certain groups to the class and craft but only the NMB can determine that. To give you an idea, the last mechanics group that files for repretational vote that I found on the NMB's web sight didn't get a vote announcement until 4 months after investigation started by NMB. It's only been a little over a month and a half. Plus with the holidays as well as covid, they are running short handed and more than likely from home so things will take a bit longer. We probably won't hear anything until around March or April as far as a vote goes. That's my opinion only.
It is SOOOOOOOO funny how you just make stuff up.Then say its just your opinion. LMFAO

Status
Not open for further replies.