AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by TWU informer, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Duke787

Duke787 Veteran

I’m not saying anything against the LUS mech just the total confusion and cultural differences between the two unions that represent us.

it’s telling the underhanded way the association took control of the mechs of the new AA.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Paul Too

Paul Too Member

#1337 Paul Too, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    And hopefully this underhandedness proves to be the downfall of the Association! An absolute cluster from the Start! The IAM/TWU got too Cocky with our livelihoods!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

I knew exactly what he meant. Point is US Air has a bankruptcy history of their own.

4. swamt

swamt Veteran

They both do. And his point was AA filed for BK not US Air this time, and helped save them, and is now ran by previous management at America West who also ran US Air after that merger. Why they still kept him at the helm and still are is beyond me. He does not know how to run this large of an airline, period. Also can't believe the BOD are still allowing him to run it, just baffling to watch.

5. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

Record profits that's why.

6. TinLizzy

TinLizzy Newbie

I'm on the VEOP (Voluntary Early Out Program) and will be permanently separated from AA in April 2021. I was not approached to sign an AMFA card. Would it make a difference to sign one and mail it in?

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Too late. AA already submitted a eligibility list. If a vote happens before you retire or separate you will get to vote. If a vote is called after you separate you should receive a vote notification.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. TinLizzy

TinLizzy Newbie

Okay, I'll look forward to voting if it occurs before I separate in April.

• Like Like x 1
  9. swamt

swamt Veteran

Happy New Year to you all!!!

2020 sucked big time.
    The only good news out of 2020 was of course the news that the Vaccine is here. Also, although very, very late a new PSP relief package was brought out saving layoffs and bringing back furloughed people in the airline industry. Other good news in 2020 was the announcement of AA AMFA Organizers getting their cards to the NMB successfully.

Here's to a Happy New Year for all of us, and here's to a great way to kick off the new year with the announcement from the NMB to move forward with a representational vote for representation for AMFA @ AA in 2021!!! :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Duke787

Duke787 Veteran

Any word when there will be a vote?

11. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Tuesday

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. swamt

swamt Veteran

LOL. That's only in Georgia. Good one though, you did not lie, there is a vote happening today.

13. swamt

swamt Veteran

Not yet. NMB still verifying and doing their due diligence. They still will have to call for protesting and rebuttals by both sides and I believe there might be a possibility of a request to add certain groups to the class and craft but only the NMB can determine that. To give you an idea, the last mechanics group that files for repretational vote that I found on the NMB's web sight didn't get a vote announcement until 4 months after investigation started by NMB. It's only been a little over a month and a half. Plus with the holidays as well as covid, they are running short handed and more than likely from home so things will take a bit longer. We probably won't hear anything until around March or April as far as a vote goes. That's my opinion only.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. 1AA

1AA Veteran

The longer it goes the better off we are when it comes to the company hinting of concessions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Old Azz Mechanic

Old Azz Mechanic Advanced

It is SOOOOOOOO funny how you just make stuff up.Then say its just your opinion. LMFAO

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1