"AMP"' level of rEpreSEntaTion....?

Feb 14, 2004
I understand if AMP were to become certified at AA they would absorb all open grievances for the members they would represent. Who within the proposed association is experienced in processing grievances up to and including arbitration. With the TWU we have people who are experienced in this level of representation and for the most part what I know of those pushing the AMP "NONE" of these folks have either been officers of the TWU, or have presented a case in arbitration.

Don't try to answer this with why hell, they would just hire a lawyer to do it....Why do I reject this answer you ask? Because in my educational training, "Arbitrators Don't like Lawyers!"

I understand if AMP were to become certified at AA they would absorb all open grievances for the members they would represent. Who within the proposed association is experienced in processing grievances up to and including arbitration. With the TWU we have people who are experienced in this level of representation and for the most part what I know of those pushing the AMP "NONE" of these folks have either been officers of the TWU, or have presented a case in arbitration.

Don't try to answer this with why hell, they would just hire a lawyer to do it....Why do I reject this answer you ask? Because in my educational training, "Arbitrators Don't like Lawyers!"

At the rate grievances are currently heard there is planty of time to train just as you were trained. It isn't like grievances are being handled in a timely manner with current representation. I understand Local 514 alone is over 1100+ backlog. Is this the greivance handling record you are prepared to debate regarding this issue and stand on?

Terminations should be expedited and lawyers used. Where did you get your "no lawyer" training from the TWU? Show me the link to the training manual you were using that claims arbitrators don't like lawyers?

I am no AMP spokesperson at all. This is just my opinion that your concerns are not valid.

Besides, unless you take the postion that you wouldn't accept a majority rule vote to change representation, why wouldn't you and others already trained offer your expert services to AMP? You and your grievance handling are not the problem as I see it, the problem is the Constitution and the International Appointed Dictators. Although 1100+ backlog is an issue with those that filed said grievances no doubt.

Are you saying you and the other trained would offer no assistance to the membership? Are you there to the assist the members or are you a quasi TWU Zealot and if change to AMP occurs your done?

Our recent coversations make it clear you are not happy with your current representation. Why not get involved and do something about that?

PS I did a google search on Lawyers in Arbitration and so much information came up I couldn't begin to sort it out to prove that your training could be in error. Let's just say you owe us proof of your claim and meanwhile the rest of us will assume that if arbitrators didnt like lawyers there wouldn't be such a massive number of lawyers specializing in arbitration.

Most members don't have much of a problem with their local officers, with the exception of the "Yes" voters, so I don't see any fear of a drop off in talent and I'm certain many will run for office if AMP becomes our union. The only ones who stand to lose in this fight are the unelected international folks and they don't handle grievances or arbitrate cases. On top of that, there are a lot of people who have refused to get involved because its the TWU. Your same concerns can be said about the local elections that happen every 3 years when newcomers are elected.

At the rate grievances are currently heard there is planty of time to train just as you were trained. It isn't like grievances are being handled in a timely manner with current representation. I understand Local 514 alone is over 1100+ backlog. Is this record you are prepared to debate regarding this issue and stand on?

Terminations should be expedited and lawyers used. Where did you get your "no lawyer" training from the TWU? Show me the link to the training manual you were using that claims arbitrators don't like lawyers?

I am no AMP spokesperson at all. This is just my opinion that your concerns are not valid.

Besides, unless you take the postions that you wouldn't accept a majority rule vote, why wouldn't you and others trained offer your expert services to AMP? You and your grievance handling are not the problem as I see it, the problem is the Constitution and the International Appointed Dictators.

Are you saying you and the other trained would offer no assistance to the membership? Are you there to the assist the members or a you a TWU Zealot and if chance occurs your done?

So I guess you are one who learns the hard way....Guess if AMP gets in at AA us poor old members will just have to wait until they get educated on how to represent us. I really didn't think you were that dumb Informer....

So I guess you are one who learns the hard way....Guess if AMP gets in at AA us poor old members will just have to wait until they get educated on how to represent us. I really didn't think you were that dumb Informer....

Great response. Now your guessing. OMG

I answered your question with my opinion and you call me dumb. The poor old members are waiting now on their grievances and you know that is fact. Are we wating on you to be trained or what the hell is the holdup?

Still anxiously awating proof of your NO LAWYERS IN ARBTRATION CLAIM

They lure you into a Quasi Perry Mason role on the arbitration committee. You pick that issue to defend the TWU. Let me just say even though I respect your intelligence, the current track record of grievance handling leaves you debating this matter with a handicap. Calling me dumb is not my idea of good arguement. When you presented a case, did you stand before the arbitrator and call someone dumb to win the case?

I would suspect the membership would probably elect alot of the same in the locals if nominated. It's always been a need to cut off the head of the snake...the Int'l and their arrogant individuals.

Great response.

I answered your question with my opinion and you call me dumb. The poor old members are waiting now on their grievances and you know that is fact. Are we wating on you to be trained or what the hell is the holdup?

I will try to explain for you. Within my work environment I don't work next to a Lawyer. Arbitrators like to have folks who live in the day and the environment where the grievance originated. People like this presenting a case are quicker to pick up on areas of testimony that may help the member within their hearing. Arbitrators prefer people from the floor over Lawyers who have no clue of our day to day activities or what we do....

I will try to explain for you. Within my work environment I don't work next to a Lawyer. Arbitrators like to have folks who live in the day and the environment where the grievance originated. People like this presenting a case are quicker to pick up on areas of testimony that may help the member within their hearing. Arbitrators prefer people from the floor over Lawyers who have no clue of our day to day activities or what we do....

Simple, have a Lawyer with the floor representative sitting next to him.

I know exactly what you are talking about as we dealt with the exact issue when we had to file a Lawsuit for rights to distribute union literature on the Tulsa Base. There were times when the Seham Law Firm had to have us from the floor in the hearings to keep facts straight. We now have the legal right to distribute.

Great response. Now your guessing. OMG

They lure you into a Quasi Perry Mason role on the arbitration committee. You pick that issue to defend the TWU. Let me just say even though I respect your intelligence, the current track record of grievance handling leaves you debating this matter with a handicap. Calling me dumb is not my idea of good arguement. When you presented a case, did you stand before the arbitrator and call someone dumb to win the case?

No informer, I can't say I ever stooped that low in a case and used the word dumb. I guess I shouldn't have used it here in our conversations...Are we still friends?

No informer, I can't say I ever stooped that low in a case and used the word dumb. I guess I shouldn't have used it here in our conversations...Are we still friends?

Absolutely I respect everyone's right to disagree with me, or to argue their opinion. I respect your right to defend and support the TWU if that is your choice. I just wouldn't advise taking issues that the TWU is not performing well in to make your stand.

I would suspect the membership would probably elect alot of the same in the locals if nominated. It's always been a need to cut off the head of the snake...the Int'l and their arrogant individuals.

how would tulsa be able to keep there new prez.

if tulsa didn't vote in the 514defenders who would they be backing now

and to stay on topic how would we get up to speed by electing guys that couldn't beat the current prez. who and how would we train are new officals?

Simple, have a Lawyer with the floor representative sitting next to him.

I know exactly what you are talking about as we dealt with the exact issue when we had to file a Lawsuit for rights to distribute union literature on the Tulsa Base. There were times when the Seham Law Firm had to have us from the floor in the hearings to keep facts straight. We now have the legal right to distribute.

So the remedy is for the AMP to hire lawyers at least twice a month for our Maintenance and Area Board cases. This is what I understand you are telling me here.

So. The need would be for the entire system to have a lawyer present in all hearings to babysit AMP...right?

How are they going to pay for that?

Sounds very expensive to me....$$$$$$$$$$$$

So the remedy is for the AMP to hire lawyers at least twice a month for our Maintenance and Area Board cases. This is what I understand you are telling me here.

So. The need would be for the entire system to have a lawyer present in all hearings to babysit AMP...right?

Would you rather the money be spent on BS like Drillers tickets and T-shirts?

Information for those who don't know - Local 514 gives away much money each year to the local (Tulsa, Okiehoma) minor (or less) league sports teams in exchange for free tickets very few use.

I find it curious that the TWU faithful think that everyone involved with arbitrations today is just going to sit on their hands if the name on the union card changes.

If the union actually has the respect of the membership, there will always be someone willing to step up and be a steward, and someone willing to argue with the company. I seriously doubt people like Ken and Bob are going to just sit back, eat popcorn, and enjoy the show.

Sounds very expensive to me....$$$$$$$$$$$$

So the local has money to build a union hall, ahem....admin building, against the members will but won't spend money for professional blood suckers to fight the compAAny blood suckers? What's wrong with putting the millions of dollars in the locals bank account to good use?

Latest posts