AMT morale in the toilet

proAMT

Advanced
Dec 3, 2005
SEA
I understand that American has had some hard times. I must admit AA has done well as far as turning the bad times around, bringing in work, turning the value of their stock around, and putting the company on firmer financial ground. Congratulations-well done.

My question is when is American going to realize, that by asking for more and more and more and more from its workers without giving anything back in return, that it has created a major morale problem that threatens to dismantle most of the good things it has achieved recently?

Most people I know feel like they have given all they're going to and scoff at the idea of aiding the company anymore. Simply put they feel very used.

After 9/11 most AMT's pitched in and gave an extra effort in order to reduce overtime and improve availability to help the company get through this trying period. Though I voted NO on the concessionary contract (voted for under duress) many of my fellow AMT's voted to help the company even more. The next thing I knew our sell out union and the company was having a "pajama party" and union workers at Tulsa were attempting to save the company an additional $500,000,000 right here in Tulsa alone and asking nothing back in return.

Now everyone I know is tired of sacrificing for a company that can't seem to get enough sacrifice from the workforce and doesn't seem to appreciate what it gets.

When are the workers going to get something in return?
When are the workers going to get some of what they inequitably sacrificed back?

I want to work at a place I'm proud of. I want to do my best and do it as quick as I can but there comes a point where it is hard to deliver day after day to a bunch of ingrates. This company seems to wear a persons good nature down to the point were he or she begins to lose interest in helping the company meet their goals and scoffs at the idea of having anything to do with aiding the company.

All I am asking for is for the company to give us a reason why we should continue to help them under the current situation?

I want more work in house, I want the company to be more successful, I want to be part of a successful team, I want to share in the rewards we have worked to achieve. Do something to improve our morale so we wont feel like idiots for producing for you. Do something to eliminate the bitterness many of the workers now have toward the company. All we really want is something we can work hard for and feel good about.
Give us a reason to feel good.

proAMT,

A well written post !!

When will AA give you AMT's a reason to feel good, I really don't know.

But lets look at what we DO know.

The "INGRATES" continue to be "INGRATES", the WORTHLESS twu continues to be WORTHLESS, and the WORST sin of all, is,.......... the MAJORITY of the AMT's in the states of Texas/Oklahoma..REFUSE to join with the Majority of the Amt's in the line(out) stations(to create a TAMPER PROOF MAJORITY)...."To THROW the *UCKING Twu out on the street".

Your good common sense told your to vote NO before.
Sadly,
I feel your good common sense is giving you the answer to the question that you posed.

NH/BB's

We the willing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful
We have done so much with so little for so long
We are now capeable of doing everything with nothing

The beatings will commence until morale improves

Every Friday I hold a meeting for whoever will attend.
The meeting covers the laundry list of concessions brought about by the collective bargaining between the company union abnd the Management Ingrates.

After the meeting everyone feels better about their attitude towards the company and they once again realize why the moral is in the toilet.

We close the meeting by holding hands and repeating the following

We the willing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful
We have done so much with so little for so long
We are now capeable of doing everything with nothing

:D :D :D

What on earth are you guys talking about?

We have the Overland Resource Group

We have the Boston Consulting Group

We have the Pajama Party

We have our Passion, Our Future, Together

We have Burchette with his hands in the company pockets

We have a well lit digital red LED sign out in front of the base

We have a new tile entry with the AA/TWU Working Together Logo

Just because it is Christmas Time, and you can barely pay your bills, much less share gifts in celebration of the birth of Christ, does not mean you should have tiolet level morale.

Come on now,

At least you have a job brother....and a new union hall to boot!

When has AMT morale NOT been in the toilet?

Seems to be a perpetual state. Therefore, might as well ignore it; it'll never change no matter what happens. The whining will continue in perpetuity.

Oh, for the first twenty-some years of my time here.
It was pretty good from the time AMFA got NWA mechs their pay raise till the concessions wave started too.

When has AMT morale NOT been in the toilet?

Seems to be a perpetual state. Therefore, might as well ignore it; it'll never change no matter what happens. The whining will continue in perpetuity.
We'll see who is whining when the mechanics start cranking up their pens.

I understand that American has had some hard times. I must admit AA has done well as far as turning the bad times around, bringing in work, turning the value of their stock around, and putting the company on firmer financial ground. Congratulations-well done.

My question is when is American going to realize, that by asking for more and more and more and more from its workers without giving anything back in return, that it has created a major morale problem that threatens to dismantle most of the good things it has achieved recently?

Most people I know feel like they have given all they're going to and scoff at the idea of aiding the company anymore. Simply put they feel very used.

After 9/11 most AMT's pitched in and gave an extra effort in order to reduce overtime and improve availability to help the company get through this trying period. Though I voted NO on the concessionary contract (voted for under duress) many of my fellow AMT's voted to help the company even more. The next thing I knew our sell out union and the company was having a "pajama party" and union workers at Tulsa were attempting to save the company an additional $500,000,000 right here in Tulsa alone and asking nothing back in return.

Now everyone I know is tired of sacrificing for a company that can't seem to get enough sacrifice from the workforce and doesn't seem to appreciate what it gets.

When are the workers going to get something in return?
When are the workers going to get some of what they inequitably sacrificed back?

I want to work at a place I'm proud of. I want to do my best and do it as quick as I can but there comes a point where it is hard to deliver day after day to a bunch of ingrates. This company seems to wear a persons good nature down to the point were he or she begins to lose interest in helping the company meet their goals and scoffs at the idea of having anything to do with aiding the company.

All I am asking for is for the company to give us a reason why we should continue to help them under the current situation?

I want more work in house, I want the company to be more successful, I want to be part of a successful team, I want to share in the rewards we have worked to achieve. Do something to improve our morale so we wont feel like idiots for producing for you. Do something to eliminate the bitterness many of the workers now have toward the company. All we really want is something we can work hard for and feel good about.
Give us a reason to feel good.

proAMT,

Very honest and heartfelt analysis that is not only plaguing AA but the rest of the industry. You could replace AA with UAL and that would be the 'exact' sentiment of the UAL people as well.

Good post and Good luck to all of you at AA!

Fear not because the US Government recognizes our plight and has created HR758 that will address our concerns. :p

Later-
B) UT

P.S.
IMHO, better stock up on the vasoline......

Did not even know about it... here is the verbage.

"
One Hundred Ninth Congress

of the

United States of America

AT THE SECOND SESSION
Begun and held at the City of Washington on Tuesday,

the third day of January, two thousand and six

An Act

To establish an interagency aerospace revitalization task force to develop a national strategy for aerospace workforce recruitment, training, and cultivation.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. FINDINGS.

Congress finds the following:

(1) The aerospace industry generates nearly 15 percent of the gross domestic product of the United States, supports approximately 11,000,000 jobs in the United States, and leads the United States economy in net exports.

(2) The aerospace industry contributes directly to the economic and national security of the United States through military, space, air transport, and information technology applications.

(3) A skilled and educated workforce represents the most valuable asset of the United States economy.

(4) In 2004, total employment in the aerospace industry fell to its lowest point in 50 years.

(5) 27 percent of the aerospace manufacturing workforce will become eligible for retirement by 2008.

(6) Students in the United States rank near the bottom of the leading industrialized countries of the world in mathematics and science test performance.

(7) To ensure the stability of high-skilled jobs and the global competitiveness of the domestic aerospace industry, the United States requires coordinated Federal Government policies to sustain and expand the science, mathematics, engineering, and manufacturing workforce.

SEC. 2. INTERAGENCY AEROSPACE REVITALIZATION TASK FORCE.

(a) Establishment- There is established a task force to be known as the `Interagency Aerospace Revitalization Task Force' (in this section referred to as the `Task Force').

(B) Duties- The Task Force shall develop a strategy for the Federal Government for aerospace workforce development, including strategies for--

(1) maximizing cooperation among departments and agencies of the Federal Government and the use of resources of the Federal Government in fulfilling demand for a skilled workforce across all vocational classifications;

(2) developing integrated Federal Government policies to promote and monitor public and private sector programs for science, engineering, technology, mathematics, and skilled trades education and training; and

(3) establishing partnerships with industry, organized labor, academia, and State and local governments to--

(A) collect and disseminate information on occupational requirements and projected employment openings; and

(B) coordinate appropriate agency resources, including grants, loans, and scholarships, for the advancement of workforce education, training, and certification programs.

© Membership-

(1) NUMBER AND APPOINTMENT- The Task Force shall be composed of 11 members who shall be appointed as follows:

(A) One member shall be the Assistant Secretary of Labor for Employment and Training.

(B) One member shall be a representative of the Department of Commerce and shall be appointed by the Secretary of Commerce.

© One member shall be a representative of the Department of Defense and shall be appointed by the Secretary of Defense.

(D) One member shall be a representative of the Department of Homeland Security and shall be appointed by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

(E) One member shall be a representative of the Department of Education and shall be appointed by the Secretary of Education.

(F) One member shall be a representative of the Department of Transportation and shall be appointed by the Secretary of Transportation.

(G) One member shall be a representative of the Department of Energy and shall be appointed by the Secretary of Energy.

(H) One member shall be a representative of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and shall be appointed by the Administrator of NASA.

(I) One member shall be a representative of the National Science Foundation (NSF) and shall be appointed by the Director of the NSF.

(J) Two members shall be appointed by the President.

(2) CHAIRPERSON- The Assistant Secretary of Labor for Employment and Training shall serve as the chairperson of the Task Force.

(3) DEADLINE FOR APPOINTMENT- Each member shall be appointed to the Task Force not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act.

(4) VACANCIES- A vacancy in the Task Force shall be filled in the manner in which the original appointment was made.

(5) PROHIBITION OF COMPENSATION- Members of the Task Force may not receive pay, allowances, or benefits by reason of their service on the Task Force.

(d) Meetings-

(1) IN GENERAL- The Task Force shall meet at the call of the Chairperson.

(2) FREQUENCY- The Task Force shall meet not less than two times each year.

(3) QUORUM- 6 members of the Task Force shall constitute a quorum.

(e) Annual Reports- Not later than one year after the date of the enactment of this Act, and annually thereafter for four years, the Task Force shall submit to Congress, and make available to the public, a report detailing the activities of the Task Force and containing the findings, strategies, recommendations, policies, and initiatives developed pursuant to the duties of the Task Force under subsection (B).

(f) Termination- The Commission shall terminate on the date of the submission of the final report under subsection (e).
Speaker of the House of Representatives.

Vice President of the United States and

President of the Senate.

"

Glad to see somebody's looking into the future of the industry. I'll try not to hold my breath.

So, an ever-increasing number of mechanics are being replaced by untrained, semi-literate illegals and Congress has authorized another comittee to have a meeting now and then.

They make lofty pronouncements, but everyone in government and the industry worships at the altar of Cheap Labor.

Gee, I didn't see anyone being concerned about this when it was the IT industry being decimated... or the steel industry... or the auto industry... or the textile industry......

discovery.jpg

We are only different when they are looking to hang the person responsible for the 200 dead people that were on the airplane when it nose dives into the ground.

;)