Amt patches

They all look like they were designed in communist russia. I also agree after being hosed for 3 of the 5 holidays we get a year how about getting us the contract we deserve before worring about this crap.

TBH, I don't care what they do, I wear whatever I want to work anyway. Although I do try to look a little bit professional. Agreed, these kinds of issues take away from the real issue of correcting the wrongs of the bankruptcy agreement. but, as some of you may know, 591 had devoted people to the uniform committee, so, it seems our fearless leaders think it is something worth talking about.

1AA said:
I agree but it appears that negotiations are on the back burner over patches and new uniforms as far as priorities goes.
In all fairness....haven't three weeks of back to back negotiations been scheduled beginning Jan 8? I truly doubt that PATCHGATE will circumvent negotiations. The reason the patch issue has come up is because they are getting ready to choose the new uniforms and since a new patch will be added, this needs to be decided when the order is placed.  Does everyone remember the TWO AND HALF MEN Charlie Parker bowling shirts that were picked out over the summer? Not one mechanic was asked what he or she thought....
It's just a patch, folks.....If you don't care, then don't participate. Personally, I think uniforms denote professionalism, (especially since we all preach that we are professionals and should be compensated as such!)
We should look professional and not go out to aircraft with passengers on board wearing sneakers, sweatpants, tank tops, etc. 

As far as the patch, I feel that the term Aircraft Mechanic still stands and would wear it proudly. But the "wrench and screwdriver" pics that go along with it seem dated and somewhat stereotypical.. Today's aircraft are more than nuts and bolts. They're complicated flying machines controlled by computers. I think an eagle with some aircraft image would be nice. 

DallasConehead said:
TBH, I don't care what they do, I wear whatever I want to work anyway. Although I do try to look a little bit professional. Agreed, these kinds of issues take away from the real issue of correcting the wrongs of the bankruptcy agreement. but, as some of you may know, 591 had devoted people to the uniform committee, so, it seems our fearless leaders think it is something worth talking about.

Fearless leaders who think it's important? Are you for real?

If your not required to even wear a uniform then why are you just following blindly?

Gp should not even concern himself with this trivial issue, just vote "YES" and take what you got coming.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

Fearless leaders who think it's important? Are you for real?

If your not required to even wear a uniform then why are you just following blindly?

Gp should not even concern himself with this trivial issue, just vote "YES" and take what you got coming.
Holy smokes!!  Take  a chill pill dude. 

Obviously GP is concerned about it as he put it on his website, unless as you indicate Rojas did it without his knowledge. Which I doubt is the case.  You should open your eyes and then think, GP has some guys on the uniform committee, as we all know the 'go stand on their desk and piss on it" shtick didn't get him very far, so maybe this is his way of "giving" a little which is to say, sure, lets talk uniforms, no big deal (in the big picture).

BUT, I think most of us agree, we would have liked our representatives to tell the company no uniforms or talk of uniforms until we get a jcba.  I agree with this thought, but that's not what their doing and there is enough GP supporters on here that if you say anything negative about the guy they get the fire pit ready to roast you over.

So, whatever, I really don't care, and I don't know which way Ill vote until l I see what I'm voting on.

Im always amazed at people who complain that they are given a choice. If you dont want anything to do with it, wheather it be uniforms or something else, then dont. Nobody is forcing you to do anything, and god forbid they dont ask what you want, you will be on here complaining about that.
As Dallasconehead said, I dont think this is taking away from negotiations. Get a grip and get on some medication or something.

Kev3188 said:
Inept or intentionally trying to condition opinion and/or distract from the other issues of the day?

I don't think it's ineptitude (well, some of the designs are) as much as it is happenstance.  Seen through the perspective of negotiations, everything the company does or doesn't do looks like a sinister and carefully planned maneuver; from an operational perspective though it seems that more often than not this airline's right hand has no idea what its right thumb is doing.  It might not be the perfect time to worry about uniforms/patches now, but I don't see what sense there is in putting it off until after negotiations...

So I guess you're "fat, dumb and happy" with everything?  I personally believe when contract time is here we should as a union focus solely on contract issues and not on the warm and fuzzies.  Complaints can be more than just complaints,  They might just lead to an idea or two on making something better or at least a little more palatable.

Roadking5560 said:
So I guess you're "fat, dumb and happy" with everything?  I personally believe when contract time is here we should as a union focus solely on contract issues and not on the warm and fuzzies.  Complaints can be more than just complaints,  They might just lead to an idea or two on making something better or at least a little more palatable.

There are 24 hours in a day.  Plenty of time to focus on all sorts of things, contract-related or otherwise.

Depends on who's focusing. The company doesn't seem to be in a particular hurry to meet and get anything done...so far.  I don't believe in multitasking during contract time.  Concentrate on the job at hand.  There will plenty of time after contract signing to have pretty uniforms and what other incidentals people want.  

Really getting a kick out of some of your guys and gals......lowest paid in the industry and 4 pages about an AMT patch or what kind of uniform you will be getting....think we all should worry about the bottom line...$$$$...bring us up to industry standards and return some of the benefits we were stripped of during BK

AP Tech said:
Really getting a kick out of some of your guys and gals......lowest paid in the industry and 4 pages about an AMT patch or what kind of uniform you will be getting....think we all should worry about the bottom line...$$$$...bring us up to industry standards and return some of the benefits we were stripped of during BK
Just think how many pages there would be if they threatened our CS policy and overtime rules outside of negotiations.

Latest posts

Back