Another DC9 tire incident.

Ah, sweet PTO, that's the beauty of being on line....
The anonimity. I learned long time ago not to write too much "truthful" facts about myself so I don't face the music.
Oh, Dear Jenny@NW, I was not talking about what you have posted about yourself but what you have posted about current events at NWA. They are simply dated, way out dated. I didn't fully understand you distaste for the Mechanics uniforms until one of your latest posts brought them up again. Then I realized you were talking about the uniforms shirts that were issued to the original Scabs that were being phased out in December and totally replaced by the first of January by regular NWA uniforms. As soon as you became a direct employee your "Dougie Steenland Blue uniform shirt" was replaced. It is apparent that you have not had any dealings with any Mechanics since December if at all.

Oh, Dear Jenny@NW, I was not talking about what you have posted about yourself but what you have posted about current events at NWA. They are simply dated, way out dated. I didn't fully understand you distaste for the Mechanics uniforms until one of your latest posts brought them up again. Then I realized you were talking about the uniforms shirts that were issued to the original Scabs that were being phased out in December and totally replaced by the first of January by regular NWA uniforms. As soon as you became a direct employee your "Dougie Steenland Blue uniform shirt" was replaced. It is apparent that you have not had any dealings with any Mechanics since December if at all.
ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh........ you're a genius, sherlock.

Like I said, anoniminity is bliss. ;) How do you know that I was just "writing" that? :lol:

I dunno... do I need to tell you & the rest of the world where I'm really working at? Nah. I think not. :rolleyes:

Don't tell Ken that, he will get mad.

Dear PTO,

Once upon a time I attended a large gathering- a going away party. Here I was networking like a good business person and chatting with numerous people. Someone mentioned a certain website and my handle ( the name Jenny@NW) came up. After just about gagging on my cosmopolitan martini, I decided I better start being really ambiguous about myself.

let this be a lesson for all, MANY people read these boards on their down time....

I'd like to give every AMT a Polygraph after performing a service check on ANY aircraft to see if the Tire pressures they recorded were actually... what they found and and signed off. I'd take a case of Beer for every lie and could get all of us drunk till the next Century.
What a bold statement, so your suggesting that a large portion of AMT's falsify records?

QA4Jet-A, might I inquire where it is that you work? I certainly wish to avoid flying on your pencil whipped fleet if that be the case.

What a bold statement, so your suggesting that a large portion of AMT's falsify records?

QA4Jet-A, might I inquire where it is that you work? I certainly wish to avoid flying on your pencil whipped fleet if that be the case.
<eyeroll> ... and I'm kind of curious as to where you work. If you think all Mechanics "ALWAYS" do things by the book, you are funny. I never said a "Large" portion, you did. I am just mentioning what I have seen and discussed with others. If everyone did their job correctly, we wouldn't need the FAA, DOD, DOT, etc now would we?

<eyeroll> ... and I'm kind of curious as to where you work. If you think all Mechanics "ALWAYS" do things by the book, you are funny. I never said a "Large" portion, you did. I am just mentioning what I have seen and discussed with others. If everyone did their job correctly, we wouldn't need the FAA, DOD, DOT, etc now would we?
Did I say all Mechanics always do things by the book?

I believe you used the word Every AMT, spin it how you like. the FAA, DOT, were set up to write regulations and to inforce them, not to baby set mechanics. :blink:

The DOD does not govern civil aviation... :rolleyes:

Did I say all Mechanics always do things by the book?

I believe you used the word Every AMT, spin it how you like. the FAA, DOT, were set up to write regulations and to inforce them, not to baby set mechanics. :blink:

The DOD does not govern civil aviation... :rolleyes:

The DOD does not govern civil aviation...

They may not govern Civll Aviation but if you, as an Air Carrier, fly Military Contract flights, you are audited by them and it is best to have your "Ducks in a row"... as far as the Babysitting comment????? Isn't enforcement a tad like?

The DOD does not govern civil aviation...

They may not govern Civll Aviation but if you, as an Air Carrier, fly Military Contract flights, you are audited by them and it is best to have your "Ducks in a row"...
...And your point is?

The DOD, nor the FAA investigate civil aviation mishaps. that honor goes to another government agency. They all have specific duties and guidelines to follow.

The FAA does not get involved with military matters, as the DOD has no jurisdiction into civil matters. If you have proof to the contrary then post it!

... as far as the Babysitting comment????? Isn't enforcement a tad like?

No its not!

en·force (n-fôrs, -frs)
tr.v. en·forced, en·forc·ing, en·forc·es
1. To compel observance of or obedience to: enforce a law.
2. To impose (a kind of behavior, for example): enforce military discipline.
3. To give force to; reinforce:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noun 1. babysitting - the work of a baby sitter; caring for children when their parents are not home
baby sitting
care, tending, attention, aid - the work of caring for or attending to someone or something:

See the difference yet?

not true pto. if a military plane had an accident at a civilian airport, the NTSB and FAA as well as the military does get involved.
And the FAA does investigate civil aviation mishaps. you know like the ones you and the scabs have done to someof those NWA planes

not true pto. if a military plane had an accident at a civilian airport, the NTSB and FAA as well as the military does get involved.
And the FAA does investigate civil aviation mishaps. you know like the ones you and the scabs have done to someof those NWA planes
I think your referring to post # 25, and that is not PTO., That hurts my feelings that you would refer to me as PTO...:)

perhaps involved was the wrong word to use. jurisdiction would be the best word as each agency is in charge of specific duties, such as investigation, enforcement, etc..

example: the NTSB investigates a crash and determines the cause of such crash. the NTSB then makes a recommendation to the FAA who is then charged with making the necessary changes to prevent such crash from re- occuring.

Bottom line is that the FAA is the governing body of civil aviation and does not regulate the Military, as the DOD does not regulate civil aviation.

I hope this helps explain better what I was trying to point out to QA4Jet-A.

Back