Another DC9 tire incident.

I can almost agree with you on this one local but I don't see where an AD would be of any help. There is not a design flaw in the wheel/axle assembly nor is there an AMM procedure issue. It is a pay attention to detail issue by the individual mechanics. Some type of awareness training, which is what is being done here but I wouldn't go so far as to say an AD should have been issued.

If it was a design flaw a SB would be issued by the manufacturer, however when it is a ongoing error usually an AD is issued.

do you know the difference between the two?
Aren't you just to damn funny tonight? AD's are issued by the FAA and must be complied with within what ever time constraints they put on the AD or the aircraft is deemed unairworthy. SB's are issued by the manufacturer and are recommended but not required. However the FAA can attach an AD to a SB thus making it mandatory to comply with. It has nothing to do whether it is a design flaw or an on going error it is a matter of flight safety and who catches it first and how bad the FAA thinks the problem is.

Aren't you just to damn funny tonight? AD's are issued by the FAA and must be complied with within what ever time constraints they put on the AD or the aircraft is deemed unairworthy. SB's are issued by the manufacturer and are recommended but not required. However the FAA can attach an AD to a SB thus making it mandatory to comply with. It has nothing to do whether it is a design flaw or an on going error it is a matter of flight safety and who catches it first and how bad the FAA thinks the problem is.
Wow im impressed, I knew you had in you! Now quit using that torque wrench for a pry bar... :D

It takes a lot of calibrated mishaps and failures to actually bring a jetliner down.

What an idiotic statement to make, and you claim to be knowledgeable in aviation?... :lol: :lol:

well here is just a few examples listed to prove you wrong, they were brought down by a Single mishap or failure, not a lot as you propose. you can research the rest on your on.

DC-10 Sioux City, DC-10 Chicago, A300 JFK, MD-11 Nova Scotia, DC-9 Metro Airport, Michigan, DC-9 Florida Everglades...and the list goes on!

What an idiotic statement to make, and you claim to be knowledgeable in aviation?... :lol: :lol:

well here is just a few examples listed to prove you wrong, they were brought down by a Single mishap or failure, not a lot as you propose. you can research the rest on your on.

DC-10 Sioux City, DC-10 Chicago, A300 JFK, MD-11 Nova Scotia, DC-9 Metro Airport, Michigan, DC-9 Florida Everglades...and the list goes on!

Add those B757s that were brought down simply due to tape over the pitot static ports, that the pilots missed on their walk around.

Add those B757s that were brought down simply due to tape over the pitot static ports, that the pilots missed on their walk around.
Yea that took alot of calibrated mishaps and failures to bring such a well designed and sophisticated airplane down!

That moron (pto) who calls himself a mechanic is very near the definition of a retard, and to think he actually signs a log book... :eek:

I hope all you anti union, anti AMFA, pro cheap labor, pro wall street, pro Big buisness types are paying attention. When the chips are down at 35,000 ft. and your sweaty palms have a death grip on that arm rest I doubt that last thing on your minds will be "well at least the ticket was cheap".....Enjoy your flight fools!

DC-10 Sioux City...

My statement was actually made from a maintenance standpoint. Just to prove a point of your ignorance, the Sioux City DC-10 was not the result of one single failure. It was the result of many. First there was the failure of Maintenance to detect the fatigue cracks in the engine. Then there was the failure of the engine itself. Then there was the failure of the containment system. Then there was the failure of the hydraulic systems. Had the cracks been detected there never would have been a problem. Had the engine simply shelled but remained contained there would have only been an ODI incident to contend with and an engine change. Same goes for, if only one hydraulic system had remained intact. Get a grip local. Like I said calibrated failures.local.

My statement was actually made from a maintenance standpoint. Just to prove a point of your ignorance, the Sioux City DC-10 was not the result of one single failure. It was the result of many. First there was the failure of Maintenance to detect the fatigue cracks in the engine. Then there was the failure of the engine itself. Then there was the failure of the containment system. Then there was the failure of the hydraulic systems. Had the cracks been detected there never would have been a problem. Had the engine simply shelled but remained contained there would have only been an ODI incident to contend with and an engine change. Same goes for, if only one hydraulic system had remained intact. Get a grip local. Like I said calibrated failures.local.
I guess its you who doesn't don't know the real story 'Cods, since your idiotic scab gums are flapping constantly instead of paying attention. The fan hub that caused the crash had small void inside, a defect in manufacturing, which was found by NDT inspection but declared negligible by management and reused. It was almost sold to the USAF, but they rejected it. The hub was then supposed to be scrapped, but it got into the parts pool again and UAL got it. If a fan hub has a major failure at high speed, no engine containment ring will stop it, its far too much force if the fan hub disintergrates. It will explode and like a bomb, nothing will stop it. Nothing.

In the future 'Cods, refain from acting like you know what the fu*k your talking about. Your spewing moronic scab BS to people who have been in this business 20 years or better. Your an 8 month newbee scab with one foot on a bananna peel and Dougie Stealin' bending you over. Shut your pie hole. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Well Hackman beat me to most of it, however one he didn't touch on that you did (and exposed your ignorance yet again) was the containment system. The containment ring is designed to withstand the seperation of a fan blade, NOT the entire fan disk.

Back