APA President blasts management.

Worldport said:
I believe he was referring to 2008 they survived because the other airlines grounded (took out of service) around 400 aircraft the equivalent of a good sized airline
"If the airlines don't merge, they might offer lower prices, but could ultimately be forced to cut routes or go out of business as they try to compete with much larger United and Delta, themselves the products of mega-mergers over the last few years"

RISK OF STAYING SMALL

Airline analysts and consultants said the DOJ complaint reflected government misunderstanding of how the industry operates and how it has changed. American Airlines, the No. 1 U.S. carrier before the spate of mergers, is now the third-biggest behind United and Delta.

The Justice Department contended that American and US Airways, the fifth-largest U.S. carrier, have posted improved financial results and can survive as independent carriers.
Robert Mann, an airline consultant in Port Washington, New York, responded that without the merger, American could ultimately be squeezed out of getting more business accounts.

"You get corporate accounts chiefly because you have the best network," Mann said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-airlines-consumers-analysis-idUSBRE97F10020130816

Worldport said:
 What would happen to Spirit? Every now and then there is some grandstanding and you know it
Agreed but there has been a lot more grandstanding lately then there used to be. And sooner of later one of these things is going to pass. Because people don't care about what you and I want to be paid, all they care about is wanting to fly like a bird for as cheap as possible.

WeAAsles said:
"If the airlines don't merge, they might offer lower prices, but could ultimately be forced to cut routes or go out of business as they try to compete with much larger United and Delta, themselves the products of mega-mergers over the last few years"

RISK OF STAYING SMALL

Airline analysts and consultants said the DOJ complaint reflected government misunderstanding of how the industry operates and how it has changed. American Airlines, the No. 1 U.S. carrier before the spate of mergers, is now the third-biggest behind United and Delta.

The Justice Department contended that American and US Airways, the fifth-largest U.S. carrier, have posted improved financial results and can survive as independent carriers.
Robert Mann, an airline consultant in Port Washington, New York, responded that without the merger, American could ultimately be squeezed out of getting more business accounts.

"You get corporate accounts chiefly because you have the best network," Mann said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-airlines-consumers-analysis-idUSBRE97F10020130816

Yes I think the merger is a good thing and when the dust settles we will be making a decent wage but as you know the bitching will never stop. Some people  are never happy. Employee wise I personally will settle for  content.

WeAAsles said:
Agreed but there has been a lot more grandstanding lately then there used to be. And sooner of later one of these things is going to pass. Because people don't care about what you and I want to be paid, all they care about is wanting to fly like a bird for as cheap as possible.
Re regulation?

Worldport said:
Yes I think the merger is a good thing and when the dust settles we will be making a decent wage but as you know the bitching will never stop. Some people  are never happy. Employee wise I personally will settle for  content.
I can personally guarantee that I'll give it two years after we get a contract that people will start to moan that they need to be paid more. That they're not making it.

FSC's will be making about $65,000 per year TOS and they'll start to say they have to have more.

It's just people's nature it seems to always want to live beyond their needs.

Reactions: 1 person
Worldport said:
Re regulation?
Pipe dream. And if it were up to Joe Traveler he would probably demand that you and I are only paid minimum wage with no benefits. 

WeAAsles said:
Well since I don't know what I'm talking about I guess our current CEO also doesn't know what he's talking about since he said in one of those roadshows.
"I woke up everyday just wondering if we were going to survive"
Before the merger.

Try not to believe what he says, you'll catch on.

Reactions: 2 people
luvthe9 said:
Try not to believe what he says, you'll catch on.
When will you realize you guys caused 95% of your own problems. You were the laughing stock of the industry

luvthe9 said:
We tried to tell them about AWA management and how things would work and what they were going to be facing in the future, did the mighty superior APA listen.............
Do you miss Horton yet?
yes Horton didn't go around making promises like Parker . Parker is a used car salesmen to get the car off lot he will say anything. Then not deliver. Like he hasn't delivered with the mechanics. I did not want Parker at all. are the merger AA could have made it own its own

Reactions: 4 people
DallasConehead said:
They are representing their members and from the association side you can hear crickets chirping.
Signed,
Greedy, lazy, whining, overpaid, Airline Mechanic
Just you TWO Coneheads. But I never said lazy or overpaid. And I'm glad that you recognize you whine a lot too. So does the other Conehead.