April/May 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe that the west will turn out better with a three way than the Nicolau list.

How about you pick a few milestone west pilots and compare them using each method. Get back to me on what you find? You must have done some research because you would not just make a statement like that without some evidence would you?
Has anyone done an analysis?

If you believe that the west will turn out better with a three way than the Nicolau list.

How about you pick a few milestone west pilots and compare them using each method. Get back to me on what you find? You must have done some research because you would not just make a statement like that without some evidence would you?
Just the fact that it COULD happen will keep it from happening.

Keep buying Chip's crap. He's a fool and everyone on the East knows it. Bad hair plugs, too.

Reactions: 1 person
Chip wouldn't know the law or a lawbook if it were tattooed on his forehead in reverse print. The purpose of the hearing was the temporary injunction. Second, USAPA HAS THE LEGAL HIGH GROUND. Period. Syzmanski knows it, but unfortunately the Judge is using the court to wrap her hands about the law. She came to her senses last time and found for USAPA. It will happen here too. If not, either way it goes to appeals (again). But Chip is definitely NOT the go to source for legal opinion, that's for sure.

I've read his posts for a number of years. I thought you all helped him get him out of a bind and don't really care for him now. Is it his support for keeping ALPA on the property or something else?

Another question what is this high ground Pat is talking about? The realization he has to consider the Nic?

Maybe he's come to his senses.

Reactions: 2 people
Just the fact that it COULD happen will keep it from happening.
Keep buying Chip's crap. He's a fool and everyone on the East knows it. Bad hair plugs, too.
It's ashame he got his job back, just about 98% of this airline agrees with you. Would luv to find his old TV commercial he did for hair club for men or one of those.

Ok, so we know that DOH is dead and will result in a DFR at some point. Plus, the judge wants some type of compromise now. There is nothing from stopping USAPA from crafting their own new list to use in the MB process. As long as there is some amount of compromise off of DOH, the list would likely pass with flying colors. I think judge Silver is trying to do the "right" thing. Unfortunately, "right" and "legal" aren't always the same.

Next time you see any corporate officer or senior manager ask them if the east and west pilots work for the same airline. If they say no let me know.

Next crew news bring it up to Parker. I would like to hear his answer.

My sources say, legally, East and west are separate subsidiaries of a large corporation. They will be separate with American for a little while until certain uncomfortable decisions are made.

The East flight attendants can bid the PHX base now and the west f/a's can bid east bases.

Maybe you should be asking why the East f/a's get a new america west ID with a west employee number and the west f/a's that come East get a real US Airways East employee number.

Ok, so we know that DOH is dead and will result in a DFR at some point. Plus, the judge wants some type of compromise now. There is nothing from stopping USAPA from crafting their own new list to use in the MB process. As long as there is some amount of compromise off of DOH, the list would likely pass with flying colors. I think judge Silver is trying to do the "right" thing. Unfortunately, "right" and "legal" aren't always the same.

USAPA (nor anyone else) cannot "craft" a combined list before M/B (before the POR), without that list being subjected to a vote by all members, and included in a new CBA (East and West.) And that cannot happen after the POR.

I guess you could put a combined list out for a vote without a complete contract, if USAPA and the Company amended LOA 96, and we voted on that also. So we would be voting on a new T/A at US Airways that would only be in effect for a few days. But I am out there on this one, I really don’t know.

But again, right now, you cannot have a legal combined East/West list without it being voted on by all US Airways pilots, prior the POR.

After the POR, as provided for in the new Transition Agreement (MOU), USAPA can only provide "listS" in the process and represent both groups under its RLA certified umbrella. You would have to get all parties to the MOU vote to change that one. Fat chance.

Judge Silver can play deal maker for a while, but in the end she cannot force a list on any group. When I say the word "cannot" I am not doubting her ability to make such an order (in fact any order.) And it would have to be followed UNTIL review by a higher court. Do you really think Judge Silver will make an order she already knows in not in keeping with decades of law, some upheld only recently by higher courts? I don't know her, but I can only hope she is unlike Wake, who did just that.

Greeter

You know, a three way might work. The USAPA negotiating committee has 50% west members, which is more than fair representation considering they are 1/3 of the membership. Bring in the two LCC lists and integrate with AA.
This way the west is represented through the proper channel, USAPA - the duly elected and federally-sanctioned bargaining agent for LCC pilots.
Cheers.

The solution to the DOH problem is being discussed. I like this solution:

"My proposal for a settlement:"

"The Nicolau Award with Conditions and Restrictions: Any Eastie that wishes to exercise their rights under its provisions, shall wait until hell freezes over."

....Any Eastie that wishes to exercise their rights under its provisions, shall wait until hell freezes over."

Works for me! I hear there are some fine, steep slopes to ski there....just waitin' for a good snowfall. :) But really: "hell freezes over"...? I thought that never actually happened in the lifeless, desert hell that is PHX...? ;)

I've read his posts for a number of years. I thought you all helped him get him out of a bind and don't really care for him now. Is it his support for keeping ALPA on the property or something else?

Another question what is this high ground Pat is talking about? The realization he has to consider the Nic?

Maybe he's come to his senses.
He did a major screw up and USAPA helped him get his job back. He still hates USAPA. As far as Pat is concerned, the legal high ground is in his briefs. I know you guys seem to "believe" that you're righteous but the law, the Supreme Court law, says you're wrong. You'll just have to find out....the hard way.

Reactions: 3 people
He did a major screw up and USAPA helped him get his job back. He still hates USAPA. As far as Pat is concerned, the legal high ground is in his briefs. I know you guys seem to "believe" that you're righteous but the law, the Supreme Court law, says you're wrong. You'll just have to find out....the hard way.

You may want to edit that. USAPA did not get his job back. ALPA did.

Works for me! I hear there are some fine, steep slopes to ski there....just waitin' for a good snowfall. :) But really: "hell freezes over"...? I thought that never actually happened in the lifeless, desert hell that is PHX...? ;)

I think hell froze over so maybe the wait may not be that long.

It's been a crazy winter. We have ice swallowing up homes in Minnesota last week.

I think the global warming crowd may be having second thoughts so maybe it's already happened. What do you think? :lol:

I think the hard way is the way this has been going.

Status
Not open for further replies.