Arpey made less....Let's all kick in and......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badmouthing Arpey isn't going to get us to our goals. Profits for AMR will. That's what we should be focused on. Being efficient, keeping costs down and supporting things (like outside MRO anti-trust immunity!!) that will help get our company back in the black and restore our concessions.
Well the last few years have proven that no matter how efficient we get the management team we have will find a way to make sure that we cant gain from it. We've improved but they are the ones who get the bonuses. Now that its contract time they want to keep all the extra revenue, demand more concessions and say that anything we want has to be "cost neutral".

Well the last few years have proven that no matter how efficient we get the management team we have will find a way to make sure that we cant gain from it. We've improved but they are the ones who get the bonuses. Now that its contract time they want to keep all the extra revenue, demand more concessions and say that anything we want has to be "cost neutral".

Bob, from what I've seen, non-quantifiable and "cost-neutral" amount to the same thing when one is dealing with accountants.

Most are taking advantage of that.

So maybe we should take 50% paycuts so the company can be profotable and the executives can get better PUPS...Is that about right Flier?

Of course not. Pay cuts should always be a last resort, as they were in 2003 when the company was staring down the barrel of a gun. And any pay cuts you've taken haven't gone toward PUP payouts anyway, since they are all equity and not cash.

My broader point was that the current union leadership will try to use just about anything to make AMR's management look bad. Instead of fighting it out in the Star Telegram and Dallas Morning News, energy directed toward actual negotiations might be more productive.

Oh I see, if AMR shows profits, all will be well.

Did that happen in the late 90's flatline? Do tell..... :blink:

Hackjob: In the 90's our brilliant strategists negotiated very poorly. They bear the blame for that, no one else. Of course management is going to try to keep employee costs down. That's their job. But our negotiators didn't do a very good job securing us the share of gains we deserved when AMR was turning profits.

I am all about realism. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip. Right now AMR doesn't have much left to give. When it does, be it in one, two or five years, I'll be there with my hand out. For now, it's about survival.

union leadership will try to use just about anything to make AMR's management look bad. Instead of fighting it out in the Star Telegram and Dallas Morning News, energy directed toward actual negotiations might be more productive.
As I've said before, the unions don't have to make management look bad, they do that by themselves. But let's look at who is really directing energy towards negotiations. Management has used their "negotiations" website to spin new inventive statistics to make AA employees seem less productive and overpaid. Management dislikes comparisons to UPS pay scales expect when they use it to rank their own compensation. Some of the labor groups have been negotiating for nearly 3 years, but continue to receive disingeous proposals. Why don't you ask management to put real enegry in negotiating.

Reality is that outside of the company employees and union officials, nobody gives a rats ass who looks bad. The mediators are used to the mud slinging, and so are most of the regular customers.

Hackjob: In the 90's our brilliant strategists negotiated very poorly. They bear the blame for that, no one else. Of course management is going to try to keep employee costs down. That's their job. But our negotiators didn't do a very good job securing us the share of gains we deserved when AMR was turning profits.

I am all about realism. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip. Right now AMR doesn't have much left to give. When it does, be it in one, two or five years, I'll be there with my hand out. For now, it's about survival.
I agree with you, the twu failed, that's not news. Your all about realism? Well, your steppin' and fetchin' for the man, that's a realism.

Your gonna stand up off your knees for a hand out huh? That's a good laugh. Then your gonna be left with a bloody stump when it gets chopped off by your management friends......good luck company man.

I got some "Shared Sacrifice" for sale, real cheAAp, need anymore flatline?

Why don't you ask management to put real enegry in negotiating.

I think everyone should drop the bs and get to work on a realistic new contract proposal. The definition of "realistic" is obviously what is being negotiated, but we could certainly see more proposals from the management side and less intransigence/more realism from the labor side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back