Arpey Still Not Eager To Buy 787s

mjk said:
I know that, thank you for reminding me.

You missed my point.

I'll let you re-read it and see if you get it the 2nd time around.
[post="276658"][/post]​

Your point is obvious you are a anti-unionist. You are jealous of the union idea and now that it is on a downslide you are elated.

FWAAA said:
Too funny! :D :D

Ever borrow $150 million, Mr Owens? At a favorable 5% interest rate, that's $7.5 million/year in interest alone. Airplanes are expensive.

As to your complaints that labor costs have been trimmed even though airplanes went up in price, I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Even if you voted no, by showing up for work and not leaving for better pastures, you voted yes. You vote yes each and every day you show up for work.

The employees were the only source that wasn't gonna say NO. The jetfuel providers weren't gonna take a huge hit. The lenders weren't gonna take a huge hit. Only the employees could be counted on for that. And each day, they vote YES, despite their protests to the contrary.
[post="276390"][/post]​

Even if you voted no, by showing up for work and not leaving for better pastures, you voted yes. You vote yes each and every day you show up for work.

Typical twu international mentality. Ever think that by going to work a person might want to change a bad, rotten situation into a better situation? Going to work in no means signifys a person's willingness to accept defeat and/or suffering.

Buck said:
Your point is obvious you are a anti-unionist. You are jealous of the union idea and now that it is on a downslide you are elated.
[post="276660"][/post]​

I'm more union-neutral, Buck. I can see both the pro's and the con's of being a union member. I've seen the industry leading contracts and I've seen the guys like Bob who are stuck due the issues I eluded to in my previous post.

Having high seniority may get you more money, and perhaps keep you off the chopping block. However, it keeps you locked in where you're at, and essentially attaches you at the hip to your company and your fellow union members.

I'm not jealous of the union idea, it's just not for me at this time of my life.

The point I was trying to make is that when you pick a certain career path, you have to take the good with the bad.

mjk said:
I'm more union-neutral, Buck. I can see both the pro's and the con's of being a union member. I've seen the industry leading contracts and I've seen the guys like Bob who are stuck due the issues I eluded to in my previous post.

Having high seniority may get you more money, and perhaps keep you off the chopping block. However, it keeps you locked in where you're at, and essentially attaches you at the hip to your company and your fellow union members.

I'm not jealous of the union idea, it's just not for me at this time of my life.

The point I was trying to make is that when you pick a certain career path, you have to take the good with the bad.
[post="276687"][/post]​

There is no such thing as union-neutral.

Where?

Taking the good with the bad, does not mean you should have to roll over for twenty years. Now tell me I should have change careers long ago.

It is only a matter of time before AA orders the 787. If AA is interested in expanding its international reach with its own metal similar to what CO is doing right now especially with the invasion of LCCs in the domestic market that is eroding the yields therefore ordering this plane is the way to go. The new air routes AA can create with this jet are numerous e.g. MIA to CPT, DFW to HGK and MIA to NRT etc.

Latest posts