Atl To Nrt

bankernclt

Aug 26, 2002
Any word on why Delta reduced the ATL to NRT from daily to 4 days per week? Just saw this in the current timetable download.

Also, anyone heard anything about DAL code-sharing on NW's flights from NRT to other Pacific Rim cities? I remember when DAL use to service a good number of the Pacific Rim cities.

That does seem odd, especially since the NWA codeshare on "interport" routes from NRT should increase demand for the ATL-NRT flight.

Regarding your other questions, I did a couple of queries on DL's website for ATL-HKG itineraries around 7/1/2004. All of the results required at least two connections (e.g. ATL-JFK-ICN-HKG). I thought the codeshare was to have been implemented by then.

Could it be because the MD11s are gone and there are no more B777s coming into the fleet? The existing a/c do have to be taken out of service for maintenance and upkeep from time to time, so maybe this is a built-in break. Just my thoughts.....

Delta just needs more 777. Management should take the pilots 9% pay cut offer and the offer to forgo the 4% raise in the spring and move on. Everyone knows Delta pilots are paid too much but sacrificing the airline until the pilots give it 25% or more is just digging a deeper hole.

JFK777 said:
Delta just needs more 777. Management should take the pilots 9% pay cut offer and the offer to forgo the 4% raise in the spring and move on. Everyone knows Delta pilots are paid too much but sacrificing the airline until the pilots give it 25% or more is just digging a deeper hole.
IMHO the pilots are digging their own hole....deeper. Jerry has made it clear that he wants a long term solution to our bloated pilot salaries. If the pilots want to push it, it will be a he?? of a lot more than 30%. Will they balk? Probably. It is going to get ugly and unfortunately all employees will bear the brunt of this crap. I am all for saying you have a contract, but 3 years of losses means drastic measures. And about the management bonuses... as sick as they were, how much did the raises the pilots received in the last two years cost us??????? They are one in the same...greedy b///ards! I for one,believe that Jerry will turn this around.

Are you sure you're reading the schedules correctly? I'm not finding any days tha the ATL-Tokyo flight does not operate.

I was basing my initial post on the PDF downloadable timetable that was effective 3/1/04. I was looking at the NRT to ATL schedule and it shows the flight operating on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday effective the end of March. I just checked out the ATL to NRT and it still shows daily. Maybe an error on DAL side. Since it is the only flight to NRT, hopefully they have not cut it down to 4 days per week. When I first saw the NRT to ATL schedule, I thought it was the beginning of transferring the route to partner NWA. It is sad that DAL dropped so many of it's flights to Asia especially since that is the area that is projected to grow the most in the future. If something isn't worked out between the pilots and management soon, we may see more domestic mainline flights being dropped. We can only hope that everything works out for everyone.

It was reported a couple of weeks ago that Delta is getting rid of their 777 by the middle of next year. Future delivery slots have been sold. No more 777's. As far as 9% goes. That will not fix the problem. Delta can not survive with only 9% now and 4.5% future payment. Not only does Delta need to be cost neutral, they need to turn a profit.

Tim47SIP said:

It was reported a couple of weeks ago that Delta is getting rid of their 777 by the middle of next year. Future delivery slots have been sold. No more 777's. As far as 9% goes. That will not fix the problem. Delta can not survive with only 9% now and 4.5% future payment. Not only does Delta need to be cost neutral, they need to turn a profit.
Delta is not getting rid of the 777's. The futures have been sold, but current planes will stay.
Your information is incorrect.

Back