AZ to leave Skyteam TATL JV

No one said ALPA shouldn't act
It still doesn't mean they will get what they ask for

Life is like that

WorldTraveler said:
ALPA MEC has settled the JV grievance with DL for $30 million.

I gues ALPA, just like dawg, myself (and others), weren't able to see the "larger gains" DL has provided  ... ... ...

WorldTraveler said:
the issue is whether you, dawg, or DALPA is able to see the far larger gains that DL has provided its pilots some of which are spelled out in the contract and some of which are not.

I never said that ALPA and DL wouldn't settle the contract. I did say that the value of the settlement would be pretty small compared to the rest of the contract.

if you, dawg, or anyone else can do the math, at an average salary and benefits of $200,000 per pilot per year, over 4 years this amounts to about 1 1/2 airplanes worth of flying or about 12 augmented TATL crews - hardly the huge violation that dawg said it would be.

and given that DL pilots earned about $300 million in profit sharing, this settlement amounts to about 2.5% of what they got in profit sharing.

this was an emotional issue for a lot of pilots; ALPA has settled in and they and the company can move on.

There was no huge gain for anyone.

The settlement certainly won't break the bank for DL. 
If my math is correct it works out to roughly $2500 (give or take) for each DL pilot. 
However, it still ruins your dreams of DL getting away with violating a contract they've signed.

WorldTraveler said:
There are indeed pilots who speak out but that doesn't mean they will prevail in a settlement or that the company can't succeed in showing DALPA what it has done that is far more valuable to ALL DL pilots and DL employees above and beyond that single line in a contract or that DL can't give them far more.

But please, do spin away!

Reactions: 1 person
They didn't settle the contract, they settled a grievance.

More misinformation from WT.

Reactions: 2 people
and neither did I say they would settle the contract.

and the $300 million in profit sharing that DL pilots gained in one year is far larger than the $30 M they gained from this grievance for FOUR years.

If you two would try just a little less hard to try to prove other people wrong, you might actually be able to read.

WorldTraveler said:
I never said that ALPA and DL wouldn't settle the contract. I did say that the value of the settlement would be pretty small compared to the rest of the contract.

if you, dawg, or anyone else can do the math, at an average salary and benefits of $200,000 per pilot per year, over 4 years this amounts to about 1 1/2 airplanes worth of flying or about 12 augmented TATL crews - hardly the huge violation that dawg said it would be.

and given that DL pilots earned about $300 million in profit sharing, this settlement amounts to about 2.5% of what they got in profit sharing.

this was an emotional issue for a lot of pilots; ALPA has settled in and they and the company can move on.

WorldTraveler said:
and neither did I say they would settle the contract.

and the $300 million in profit sharing that DL pilots gained in one year is far larger than the $30 M they gained from this grievance for FOUR years.

If you two would try just a little less hard to try to prove other people wrong, you might actually be able to read.
Start taking ginkgo biloba or Geritol, seems you cant comprehend what you post, another fine contradiction by you.

Its a grievance settlement.

I know the difference between a contract and a grievance.

again, I never said they wouldn't settle the contract.

that is still under negotiation and will involve larger pay raises than any other union has come close to negotiating.

DL is simply running a better business than any one else and its business plan involves sharing more of that success with its employees than any other airline.

WorldTraveler said:

I don't believe I ever said anything about what would or wouldn't happen. 

I hope you don't believe Delta is paying ALPA the cost that they loss. Again, you clearly don't understand how any of this works. I told you how badly out of compliance Delta is. 30M has not jack #### to do with that. 

and you are doing a lot of talking about something you know nothing about. Since the pilots have yet to see anything other than they are getting 30M (ie, is it 30M and 1 year to get under compliance? did the percentage change? etc. etc. ) nor have they seen the TA that was just signed, I know you haven't seen what other changes have been made the section 1 of the contract. 
Stop spending so much time on pilot message boards...... 

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

I gues ALPA, just like dawg, myself (and others), weren't able to see the "larger gains" DL has provided  ... ... ...

And FWIW, this is just the tip of the iceberg. As much as ALPA wants to act like it was done outside of section 6, it clearly wasn't. Getting a TA this fast after means it was tied into it.

I personally expect more concessions because DALPA is DALPA  but maybe, just maybe they grew som......nope it will be concessions. 
FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
The settlement certainly won't break the bank for DL. 
If my math is correct it works out to roughly $2500 (give or take) for each DL pilot. 
However, it still ruins your dreams of DL getting away with violating a contract they've signed.

But please, do spin away!
and FWIW it wont be just a straight pay out like that.. It will be on a sliding scale. 

So the 744 captain that has been a 744 captain during those 4-5 years will probably see less than say the FO who got displaced several times due to the outsourcing and can't move back up due to the stagnation at the top of the list.  

Reactions: 1 person
and ALPA is the bargaining agent for DL pilots. There have been attempts at another union but that hasn't gone anywhere.

Therefore, ALPA got what it could negotiate.

Whether they got what you think they should have gotten is for ALPA members to decide.

and I don't know what the payout system is but supposedly the formula is predetermined.

as for the TA, those details aren't being leaked just yet. I hope they score big but DALPA has negotiators that should have been able to get what they believe is the best. If they don't get what you or others think they should have gotten, then what you think isn't reality or the company has some pretty tough negotiators on their side.

And the biggest leaks seem to be that the company wants significant productivity improvements to make their pilots generate more revenue and allow DL to maximize its growth in the midst of the growing pilot shortage. How well compensated they will be for that remains to be seen. again, I hope they score big and that it is passed to all DL employees.

WorldTraveler said:
and ALPA is the bargaining agent for DL pilots. There have been attempts at another union but that hasn't gone anywhere.

Whether they got what you think they should have gotten is for ALPA members to decide.

and I don't know what the payout system is but supposedly the formula is predetermined.

as for the TA, those details aren't being leaked just yet. I hope they score big but DALPA has negotiators that should have been able to get what they believe is the best. If they don't get what you or others think they should have gotten, then what you think isn't reality or the company has some pretty tough negotiators on their side.

And the biggest leaks seem to be that the company wants significant productivity improvements to make their pilots generate more revenue and allow DL to maximize its growth in the midst of the growing pilot shortage. How well compensated they will be for that remains to be seen. again, I hope they score big and that it is passed to all DL employees.
WorldTraveler said:

only the concessions they take will be passed on to the rest of us........