B6, New Cities ??????????

You say that you believe UA is no better than DL. But if it is also no worse, why not take UA's TPA-IAD nonstop and avoid the connection in ATL? Or would the added ground time at both ends offset any enroute time savings?

Regarding JetBlue, as I mentioned in a post above, they now have two gates at IAD for only six daily flights. So IMHO, more flights to cities in Florida in the near future is a good possibility. And since JetBlue already serves TPA from JFK, connecting the dots from IAD to TPA would make sense.

Of course, what you really need (though it's not very likely any time soon) is for JetBlue to start IAD-SRQ service.

FLL-LGB is next (should be announced by late October). Also look for FLL-OAK and FLL-SJU. Stay tuned...

Man that'd be sweet... :) But I have to be realistic! lol

I stick with DL currently because I lik emy upgrades. If I'm going to be abused by a major, I may as well be doing it in style. :D If I start flying UA nonstop TPA-IAD, I will no longer make status, and no more upgrades. If I am not getting upgrades, I'd much rather be supporting one of the smaller guys, who at least PRETEND to want our business. It was made clear to us frequent flyers what the majors think of those of us who use our travel budgets wisely. I'd rather find a convenient way to quit annoying them (the majors) with my money, since it seems to bother them so much to take it, and give it to someone who wants it, like B6 or WN.

AA191, what are you on? PHX needs JetBlue like it needs less rain. We've already got the two biggest low-fare airlines in the country offering a ton of service to just about anywhere in the North America. There's very little need, and even less profit to be made, for JetBlue in PHX.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/19/2002 10:35:54 PM DL Gold Medallion wrote:

I stick with DL currently because I lik emy upgrades. If I'm going to be abused by a major, I may as well be doing it in style. :D If I start flying UA nonstop TPA-IAD, I will no longer make status, and no more upgrades. If I am not getting upgrades, I'd much rather be supporting one of the smaller guys, who at least PRETEND to want our business.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Actually, If you contacted UAL and told them you wanted to trade your gold status for the UAL equiv, they'd likely comp it to you (until you've had time to build your UAL time up. DAL FF miles are good for use on UAL (might as well try us out for free

My primary incentive to switch is the new anti-customer rules established by the majors in the last few weeks. I might be able to get my DL status comped, but I won't be able to earn status again if I fly nonstops. I'm the airlines' worst enemy apparently, iun that I earn status on segments, and cheap ones at that. I will only switch to go from my major of choice, DL, to a suitable low-fare operation. As I stated before, the majors told us that they don't want our money, if we chhose to spend wisely and fly on freely available low fares, so I'd rather give that money to someone who does want it.

Here I'm merely asking the question of the possibility of jetBlue service from TPA-IAD. It will be significantly less expensive and far less restrictive than the comparable major offering, with TV in coach and the same food service (which is to say none).

edited to add:
I just noticed your suggestion to try UAL for free. Not a bad idea. I have more than enough segments to requalify this year, and wa stempted to burn miles anyway. I had forgotten about the UAL-DL FF partnership. Maybe I can milk th emajors some more before I switch.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/18/2002 12:18:10 PM Cosmo wrote:

IMHO, when JetBlue starts BOS service...

----------------
[/blockquote]

While I agree BOS is a high priority, I doubt they can get a gate with the construction mess at Logan.

What about PIT? with continuing service to LGB or FLL?

BDL would be my next choice, does anyonr know if Brainard field is still in use? Sure would make a nice hub

When I worked at an FBO in Brainard in the 80's, it had really small runways (ca. 4500'), with no room for expansion (river, bridge, and powerplant). A loaded Falcon 50 or Gulfstream would have to use the whole thing. There also were problems with neighborhood opposition, as Old Wethersfield, I believe a national historic area, is off the south end of the runway.

As a side note, it was always fun to see instrument students meander across the river to Pratt and Whitney (landing there unannounced is a BIG no-no), only to be corrected by the tower.

Michael

Is that based on any concrete information, or is it purely conjecture? It's true that there is always plenty of demand for seats from JFK to SDQ, but aren't there additional costs associated with international service? I thought that was why Southwest has never expanded beyond the borders of the U.S., but I could be wrong. I would expect JetBlue to follow WN, and keep expanding domestically until all opportunities within the U.S. have been exhausted. As of now, B6 can do plenty of connecting the dots within its existing network--without even adding any new cities.