Ben Carson hops on the crazy train again.

Dog Wonder said:
West Point scholarships are like the 2011 depression.

rulings%2Ftom-mostlytrue.gif

politifact%2Fmugs%2FMCT_US_NEWS_CAMPAIGN-CPAC_2.JPG

"Go look on the West Point website and you’ll see those specific words, ‘full scholarship to West Point.’ So even though it is, you know, given as a grant for anybody who gets in, those words are used."  
Ben Carson on Sunday, November 8th, 2015 in comments on ABC's "This Week"

Fact-checking Ben Carson's defense of his West Point scholarship story

Whether or not one wants to call it a scholarship is not The Point.

He was offered a "nomination", that's according to his own recent "clarification", and he "felt" like he had been offered a scholarship. Trump "felt" like he "got more military training" than people who actually were in the military.

A "nomination" is not a scholarship, nor is it an appointment.

A nomination is a chance to begin the application process.

By that standard I was "offered" a career as a submarine commander, or even CNO.

Guess I should write a book, and campaign for president based on my "feelings".

Wonder how many dumbasses woukd fall for that?

delldude said:
Just part of the recruiting process.

That is all.
Starting to get it?

Which part of the process constitutes an actual offer to actually attend?

When one "feels" like they have been offered "something"?

When one is actually offered an interview (nomination...?)

When one has an offer on paper and pen in hand?

This one incident is not a big deal.

Carson has repeatedly demonstrated an inability or unwillingness to seperate his "feelings" from reality, logic, science, history or the simple obvious truth.

That is an issue.

Ifly2 said:
Whether or not one wants to call it a scholarship is not The Point.
He was offered a "nomination", that's according to his own recent "clarification", and he "felt" like he had been offered a scholarship. Trump "felt" like he "got more military training" than people who actually were in the military.
A "nomination" is not a scholarship, nor is it an appointment.
A nomination is a chance to begin the application process.
By that standard I was "offered" a career as a submarine commander, or even CNO.
Guess I should write a book, and campaign for president based on my "feelings".
Wonder how many dumbasses woukd fall for that?
Only ones that care about the above are Demorat Libtards!

Next!

Ifly2 said:
This one incident is not a big deal.
Carson has repeatedly demonstrated an inability or unwillingness to seperate his "feelings" from reality, logic, science, history or the simple obvious truth.
That is an issue.
Sounds like he's taking a page from BaRack and Hitlery yet, never heard you running your yap about them!

Actually, no

You may and obviously do dislike them
You may even disgree with their positions

Like or dislike, agree or disagree, and even right or wrong, their positions are based on science, logic, history, pragmatism and analysis - vs "faith", "myth" and "feeling".

With the requisite bow to the donors and lobbyists, of course.

They all do that, so which set of lobbyists do ya' really wanna' give your money to?

Ifly2 said:
Actually, no
You may and obviously do dislike them
You may even disgree with their positions
Like or dislike, agree or disagree, and even right or wrong, their positions are based on science, logic, history, pragmatism and analysis - vs "faith", "myth" and "feeling".
With the requisite bow to the donors and lobbyists, of course.
They all do that, so which set of lobbyists do ya' really wanna' give your money to?
It's all BaRack's fault!

southwind said:
Sounds like he's taking a page from BaRack and Hitlery yet, never heard you running your yap about them!

One thing Y'ALL...NEVER have to concern Y'ALL selves about,.....is   Y O U....NEVER will be offered ANYTHING from West Point  !!

NewHampshire Black Bears said:

One thing Y'ALL...NEVER have to concern Y'ALL selves about,.....is   Y O U....NEVER will be offered ANYTHING from West Point  !!
I dare say the same can be said for you and about 99% of the poster here

NewHampshire Black Bears said:

Unless Ivan is going door to door.

I haven't spent much time in the cooler, but I had to sift through this thread.
I was interested by Carson after watching him speak a couple of times a couple of years ago.

The thing I'm getting a kick out of is watching lefties go through all kinds of gyrations and machinations to try and discredit the head of Nuerosurgury at Johns Hopkins.

I can only imagine how much love this guy would be getting if he had a D next to his name.

I believe Carson is the #1 target of the media , as having a credible black man as a serious candidate on the Republican side could be devistating to the whole democrat paradigm.

It's entertaining to me because Carson is giving them nothing to pry into, but they will never stop trying.

So if this guy is the blithering idiot the OP says he is, explain why do his numbers continue to climb with every debate?

Back