Bigger and better numbers

Results Reveal Bankruptcy Sham
Although the final numbers for these fees are not yet available, bankruptcy records show that the company has spent $924,946.33 since September 2011 on the law firm Sheppard, Mullin, Richter and Hampton, which is representing American Airlines in the representation case before the National Mediation Board.
American Airlines’ executives have taken cover in bankruptcy court, but the company continues making money at a record clip. Second-quarter results announced July 18 reveal that revenue is the highest in the company’s history at $6.5 billion. Because of bankruptcy costs, however, AMR reported a net loss of $241 million.
http://apsa6001.org/?p=871

Results Reveal Bankruptcy Sham
Although the final numbers for these fees are not yet available, bankruptcy records show that the company has spent $924,946.33 since September 2011 on the law firm Sheppard, Mullin, Richter and Hampton, which is representing American Airlines in the representation case before the National Mediation Board.
American Airlines’ executives have taken cover in bankruptcy court, but the company continues making money at a record clip. Second-quarter results announced July 18 reveal that revenue is the highest in the company’s history at $6.5 billion. Because of bankruptcy costs, however, AMR reported a net loss of $241 million.
http://apsa6001.org/?p=871

Just think of the profits post bk!

Done is correct. We are done with the TWU.

BUCK, NO disrespect towards you. I know where you stand.
Having said that, and I HOPE I'm wrong, (because of) TUL WILL vote + Impact the YES vote this time around, AND WILL Impact the vote to retain the useless TWU.
Again I hope I'm wrong !!!

The ATIs are kicking in for sure but AA is cutting capacity after years of not wanting to do so - and that is a big reason why AA is seeing RASM increases.
AA is willing to cut capacity because it can now cut costs, something it couldn't do outside of BK.

AA is doing a lot of the things that other airlines have done to improve their revenue in BK... but others have indeed improved revenue in BK.
AA is doing what many of us believed they would do - and they are turning the company around which I thought they would do.
Excuse me but I remember Arpey cutting capacity several times (and piling up more billion dollar losses) while he was still in the process of destroying the airline. So now horton comes in and we're cutting capacity and making money? This is hilarious!
And they are turning the company around. Arpey and horton have the opposite of the midas touch. They turn gold into crap. But keep giving credit to a bunch of scumbags who are intent on ruining people's lives as well as the airline they love. Oh but it's just business right? We aren't supposed to take this personally when these millionaires are extorting from us?

BUCK, NO disrespect towards you. I know where you stand.
Having said that, and I HOPE I'm wrong, (because of) TUL WILL vote + Impact the YES vote this time around, AND WILL Impact the vote to retain the useless TWU.
Again I hope I'm wrong !!!
Sam and Hewett are trying their best to deliver this one for Little Jimmy. If you get a chance to watch the dog and pony show they are putting on at TULE pay close attention and watch how neither Cierri or Hewett seem to be able to look anyone in the eye when they answer certain questions. Remember we were told in 2003 that our prefunded medical was safe from any BK fileing the company could make? Either it was a lie then or they are lying now saying it isn't BK proof. Either way we were lied to by our own union. That makes anything they tell us suspect. Say it is BK proof in 2003 to deliver that one and say it isn't in 2012 to deliver that one. Watch Hewett get appointed to an international position if this thing passes. Also the TWU owes AA big time for helping them squash the AMFA drive. And you are trusting what these people are telling you is the truth? I'm voting no and waiting for the Last Last Last Best Offer and see what it looks like.

Sam and Hewett are trying their best to deliver this one for Little Jimmy. If you get a chance to watch the dog and pony show they are putting on at TULE pay close attention and watch how neither Cierri or Hewett seem to be able to look anyone in the eye when they answer certain questions. Remember we were told in 2003 that our prefunded medical was safe from any BK fileing the company could make? Either it was a lie then or they are lying now saying it isn't BK proof. Either way we were lied to by our own union. That makes anything they tell us suspect. Say it is BK proof in 2003 to deliver that one and say it isn't in 2012 to deliver that one. Watch Hewett get appointed to an international position if this thing passes. Also the TWU owes AA big time for helping them squash the AMFA drive. And you are trusting what these people are telling you is the truth? I'm voting no and waiting for the Last Last Last Best Offer and see what it looks like.

Could be that a big NO's from all 3 union groups place so much crap in Horton's corn flakes that it gives Doug Parker a better opportunityt to force a merger with US in bk. And if we all say NO, that will send Horton into such a huge tail spin, that he will double his anti-anxiety meds when his old buddy Doug pulls out the trump card!! If M&R says YES, and pilots and f/a say NO, Horton still goes into a tail spin.

Sam said that Horton WAS going to shut down the TULE maint base, but changed his mind after a butt chewing from both state senators . There is nothing like political arm twisting to spoil a fearless leaders plan.

M&R voting deadline is 7 AUG. Pilots voting deadline is 8 AUG. Can we thank Little Jimmy for that? What did he get in return for that favor?

Excuse me but I remember Arpey cutting capacity several times (and piling up more billion dollar losses) while he was still in the process of destroying the airline. So now horton comes in and we're cutting capacity and making money? This is hilarious!
And they are turning the company around. Arpey and horton have the opposite of the midas touch. They turn gold into crap. But keep giving credit to a bunch of scumbags who are intent on ruining people's lives as well as the airline they love. Oh but it's just business right? We aren't supposed to take this personally when these millionaires are extorting from us?

yep, you remember correctly.
Outside of BK it is very hard to shrink capacity because it is very hard to get costs out. Part of what other carriers have done in BK and what AA will undoubtedly do is create a certain amount of "flexible" capacity that can be pulled out and still allow CASM to be reduced....

When you can pull capacity out and get the costs out at the same time, there is the incentive to get capacity out when the economy dictates that it is necessary to do so.

AA is now pulling capacity out, keeping CASM under control, and pushing RASM up because it can adjust capacity - even reducing a flight or two in markets on off-peak business days like Tuesday and Saturday can have a big effect.

AA's RASM numbers are improving in part because they are pulling out the lowest performing capacity... other airlines have gained the flexibility to do so and AA will most certainly do the same thing going forward.

Your goal should be to work for a company that has the ability to be profitable which comes from properly aligning capacity with the ability to collect fares high enough to make a profit.

Coming out of BK, your ability to collect pay raises and profit sharing will be tied to the company's ability to generate profits. The execs may benefit but by far the largest share of profits will be shared with frontline employees.
DL and UA each in the last year passed out hundreds of millions of dollars in profit sharing; execs obtained a fraction of that amount.

Latest posts

Back