Buddy Pass / Companion Ticket

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines' started by Lampmanjosh, Sep 23, 2017.

1. NewHampshire Black Bears

There's a certain amount of truth to what your saying Josh.
    Look at it this way. Places like BOS, NYC/Penn, PHL, WAS, CHI, LAX,OAK, Wilmington DE. (maint), Beech Grove, IN. (maint.), SEA will ALWAYS be UNIONIZED, just like (for AA), mostly the same cities. The Trick is (And I DID it with Amtrak, and AA), get firmly planted in one of those huge operations, as I did in ORD/CHI !!

2. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

Heh. Right. Assuming Janus gets a ruling the way people are expecting SCOTUS to rule, there's not much standing to keep compulsory union shops under the RLA. If/when that happens, there's a good chance that both Beech Grove and Wilmington go the way of airline overhaul bases.

xUT, you're not exactly correct about United and IT. Some of the stuff like desktop support and helpdesk were outsourced, but they still have a lot of real IT jobs that are in house. I've got a lot of friends who work for UA in roles ranging from network engineering to developers. I think they even manage the new data center UA built at EXO when the offices moved to Sears Tower.

To the OP... find a job with UPS Airline. They're based in SDF, and they get industry flight discount benefits plus the ability to ride the UPS freighter jumpseats.

3. lineguy43

lineguy43 Veteran

Do they (UPS) allow non certificated employees to ride the jumpseat?

4. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

Freighters typically have a few jumpseats located inside the main cabin door, outside the cockpit.

5. lineguy43

lineguy43 Veteran

You are correct. However, the reason I ask is I know FedEx doesn't allow it anymore for personal use for most employees unless you hold an FAA certificate and it has to be required in your job function doesn't matter if the seats are outside the cockpit. They changed it after 9/11. Was curious if UPS had the same policy.