Buh-Bye Pittsburgh :-/

And if they do, they will be sued.

What the ibt did has nothing to do with the IAM and the CBA.

RJcasualty said:
So DFW will have a side by side ops centers?  What kind of synergy is that?  
One ops center, one center manager, one meteorology team, with separate teams of dispatchers and fleet planners working in the respective systems for the short term.

You don't have to have labor integrated or a single carrier ruling to change over the software you're using to dispatch airplanes or track MELs, and AA had already been migrating over to a next gen flight planning/dispatch platform. Load a few more aircraft performance profiles into the new database, train the dispatchers, and then it's one team dispatching regardless of any fences around crew bases or equipment types. Same situation for load controllers.

Having everyone co-located knocks out the real estate expenses, and speeds up the training since the AA and US guys are learning side by side. Also helps develop better end-state procedures if there are best practices from both sides that can be discussed at the desks, and not at a meeting room table...

Contractually the dispatch function of PMUS planes belong to the PMUS Dispatchers, so no PMAA can work PMUS flights, same for MOC until all work groups are integrated.

700UW said:
Contractually the dispatch function of PMUS planes belong to the PMUS Dispatchers, so no PMAA can work PMUS flights, same for MOC until all work groups are integrated.
Contracts have been known to be amended and worse case Violated.

Have you worked at US?

Are you an IAM member?

When and if the CBA is violated its always been addressed by the union.

The IAM hasnt changed the CBA without a membership vote.

So I dont care what you and the TWU do, the IAM isnt the TWU.

We have taken the company to court before when they have violated our CBA and always grieve it.

700UW said:
As long as both groups are using the same hardware and software & sitting in the same building, does it matter which union is deducting their dues?

First off I was a little upset at the title of this topic "Buh Bye Pittsburgh". Yes it sounds real cute and laid back but layoffs are not cute and laid back. The American topic board here consists of things like "look at what Delta Mechanics make" and "What is the value of my equity Distrubution and he got more than me". Don't blink because they are saving the best for latter.We are now fellow employees and respect should go both ways. I see people on this board argue with 700 UW. I don't know him but he knows every word in the contract and has seen it all so respect that if anything. The IAM has never given anything away in the 30 years I have observed and quite frankly I don't have any idea what you guys see in the TWU. The Teamster and AMFA supporters are living the lies they are fed and just want change which I understand but that is not the answer. I am just ranting and apoligize to everyone but this is great therapy letting it out once in a while. I do have acess to inside information and if I posted it I would be terminated within hours but changes are going to suck big time. The very first thing we need to do is quit all the union bashing...the company loves it. Let the TWU-IAM merge happen and then get some good leadership to run it. It's time to come together brothers and sisters because this is all we have and our future depends on this. Thanks for listening and it will be a pleasure working with everyone at AA.      

nonrev said:
... if I posted it I would be terminated within hours but changes are going to suck big time. The very first thing we need to do is quit all the union bashing...the company loves it.
... Thanks for listening and it will be a pleasure working with everyone at AA.
well said and proof that Parker will have to deal with the thousands of extra AA/US employees new AA will have relative to other airlines, even when adjusted for the differences in their operations.

No union will be able to stop the inevitable reduction in headcount that AA will have to make.

So we get to vote on an association consisting of a union that has never given anything away in 30 years and a union that has given everything away in 30 years. 

It is gonna get very interesting!

I'm voting NO.

Rogallo said:
So we get to vote on an association consisting of a union that has never given anything away in 30 years and a union that has given everything away in 30 years. 

It is gonna get very interesting!

I'm voting NO.
NO to BOTH of THEM!

700UW said:
Nothing, PIT only has two tracks, as does CLT and CLT has three open bays. US is wanting out of PIT but contractually protected.
Contract or not....days are numbered whether agreed or not..But lets see what the end fact will be..

nonrev said:
First off I was a little upset at the title of this topic "Buh Bye Pittsburgh". Yes it sounds real cute and laid back but layoffs are not cute and laid back. The American topic board here consists of things like "look at what Delta Mechanics make" and "What is the value of my equity Distrubution and he got more than me". Don't blink because they are saving the best for latter.We are now fellow employees and respect should go both ways. I see people on this board argue with 700 UW. I don't know him but he knows every word in the contract and has seen it all so respect that if anything. The IAM has never given anything away in the 30 years I have observed and quite frankly I don't have any idea what you guys see in the TWU. The Teamster and AMFA supporters are living the lies they are fed and just want change which I understand but that is not the answer. I am just ranting and apoligize to everyone but this is great therapy letting it out once in a while. I do have acess to inside information and if I posted it I would be terminated within hours but changes are going to suck big time. The very first thing we need to do is quit all the union bashing...the company loves it. Let the TWU-IAM merge happen and then get some good leadership to run it. It's time to come together brothers and sisters because this is all we have and our future depends on this. Thanks for listening and it will be a pleasure working with everyone at AA.      
They sure did screw the TWA mechanics, they lost all their occ seniority with the acquisition .

usfliboi said:
Contract or not....days are numbered whether agreed or not..But lets see what the end fact will be..
And line flight attendant knows what the maintenance plan is, not!

Boi!

Back