Buh-Bye Pittsburgh :-/

First off I was a little upset at the title of this topic "Buh Bye Pittsburgh". Yes it sounds real cute and laid back but layoffs are not cute and laid back. The American topic board here consists of things like "look at what Delta Mechanics make" and "What is the value of my equity Distrubution and he got more than me". Don't blink because they are saving the best for latter.We are now fellow employees and respect should go both ways. I see people on this board argue with 700 UW. I don't know him but he knows every word in the contract and has seen it all so respect that if anything. The IAM has never given anything away in the 30 years I have observed and quite frankly I don't have any idea what you guys see in the TWU. The Teamster and AMFA supporters are living the lies they are fed and just want change which I understand but that is not the answer. I am just ranting and apoligize to everyone but this is great therapy letting it out once in a while. I do have acess to inside information and if I posted it I would be terminated within hours but changes are going to suck big time. The very first thing we need to do is quit all the union bashing...the company loves it. Let the TWU-IAM merge happen and then get some good leadership to run it. It's time to come together brothers and sisters because this is all we have and our future depends on this. Thanks for listening and it will be a pleasure working with everyone at AA.      [/quote I agree I was a little passed off at the subject. I thought it was in bad taste

Runwaysticker said:
They sure did screw the TWA mechanics, they lost all their occ seniority with the acquisition .
Wrong again, it went to arbitration and go read the Kasher decision.

TW mechanics in STL, JFK, MCI and not sure if there were any other stations got 100% of their seniority.

The IAM didnt make the decision, an impartial arbiter did, the TWU are the ones who screwed them, as a clause in their CBA said their own members couldnt be harmed by a merger.

http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/4037-kasher-ruling/

Runwaysticker said:
They sure did screw the TWA mechanics, they lost all their occ seniority with the acquisition .
You sure you meant to say the Arbitrator made the decision that you feel the TWA mechanics got screwed? First of all Jim Little at first wanted to staple them to the bottom. He said this before the acquisition was complete. Once the acquisition was complete he got pressure from the members on the TWA side and or the IAM to reconsider. So what did Jim Little do? He directed all responsibility to the arbitrator.
This way he can say the arbitrator made the call not the TWU. See how easy that was for the spineless TWU.

bunt3dunk said:
700 is a company stooge beware !
Care to prove you false accusation?

I left US in 2005, sorry bud, was a local and district union rep, company hated me.

Try again.

I find a union stooges worse then company stooges!!!!!!   I don't know 700UW, no offense to 700UW. 

I say NO union, if we can vote on it. All those union dues we paid has not helped AFW, MCI, MSP, DTW, and so on. But we do have the worst contract, and we pay for that representation. 

700UW said:
And line flight attendant knows what the maintenance plan is, not!

Boi!
Hey...If you can no everything about everything surely I can pretend to know a little. :)

700UW said:
Wrong again, it went to arbitration and go read the Kasher decision.

TW mechanics in STL, JFK, MCI and not sure if there were any other stations got 100% of their seniority.

The IAM didnt make the decision, an impartial arbiter did, the TWU are the ones who screwed them, as a clause in their CBA said their own members couldnt be harmed by a merger.

http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/4037-kasher-ruling/
TWA mechanics got 100% in MCI(now closed) and STL(probably soon to be closed), they got 25% in LAX , MCO and New York and 4-10-01 pretty much everywhere else.

Latest posts

Back