Buyouts

isthisok

Advanced
Aug 29, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I have 34 years with US. I would jump on a buyout if offered. I was not old enough to take the last one but would gladly relinquish my seniority to get the he!! out. I don't see a unified company coming out of this because of the seniority issues. Already I see a divided work force. Good luck but you can count me out. Anyone else out there hoping for another buyout? :up:

I need my 25 yrs.
I'm only here)God knows it isnt the money)for the flying(spouse)and I carry the medical..

3.0 yrs from next May to start the clock countdown..

I'm not sure what's going on...****sigh*****

isthisok said:
I have 34 years with US. I would jump on a buyout if offered. I was not old enough to take the last one but would gladly relinquish my seniority to get the he!! out. I don't see a unified company coming out of this because of the seniority issues. Already I see a divided work force. Good luck but you can count me out. Anyone else out there hoping for another buyout? :up:
[post="303586"][/post]​
A unified company can come out of this if the unions can be mature adults and work on a compromise.

rjh said:
A unified company can come out of this if the unions can be mature adults and work on a compromise.
[post="303766"][/post]​

Compromise?? Comprehend this, if you were hired in 83, 85, 87, 89, 91 and so on and on, thats what you should get in your classification. In other words whatever date you entered your CURRENT classification should be your seniority for that classification. PERIOD!! No Ifs Ands Or Buts. You don't compromise someones seniority, its like gold in this industry.

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 70
If the AWA pass policy prevails, dont worry about keeping your seniority anyway. Doesnt seem like it means much. After paycuts, benefit cuts, vacation cuts, holiday cuts adn God knows what else, that was all I had left. :-( Oh well.

Yeah, we are hoping for a buyout too, or just close our rez center. Truthfully, I don't see how they can keep INT open when you have far junior employees doing the same job for much less in PHX and LAS. Most of INT is topped out. I would think that they will run the numbers and axe INT sometime next year, buy who really knows..?

rjh said:
[post="303766"][/post]​
You mean like the mature adults that are born with a silver spoons in their mouth never having a tough day in their life then were sent to Harvard. Afterward they go into the airline business and take everything that hard working men and women worked for their entire lives being rewarded millions for doing it. Is that the kind of mature adult you are talking about? Just count your lucky stars the unions have no leaders today because if they did then you would see what a "REAL" mature adult acts like. If you measure maturity by the vermin at the top then expect less at the bottom.

calibrator said:
You mean like the mature adults that are born with a silver spoons in their mouth never having a tough day in their life then were sent to Harvard. Afterward they go into the airline business and take everything that hard working men and women worked for their entire lives being rewarded millions for doing it. Is that the kind of mature adult you are talking about? Just count your lucky stars the unions have no leaders today because if they did then you would see what a "REAL" mature adult acts like. If you measure maturity by the vermin at the top then expect less at the bottom.
[post="303908"][/post]​
It's a new company--I have never seen such an attitude by Parker and his managmenet team. Plus, the way I understand it, the whole seniority battle will be fought by the various unions--the company will not be involved at all.

rjh said:
It's a new company--I have never seen such an attitude by Parker and his managmenet team. Plus, the way I understand it, the whole seniority battle will be fought by the various unions--the company will not be involved at all.
[post="303950"][/post]​
W_A_T_C_H and see human nature in action

the whole seniority battle will be fought by the various unions--the company will not be involved at all.

I give it a vague year before "The Company" begins getting the blame for not integrating the unions properly

openview said:
I give it a vague year before "The Company" begins getting the blame for not integrating the unions properly
[post="304024"][/post]​
I agree--even though it's up to the unions & the NMB to decide--the unions will spin it so that the company isn't supporting them. The best way the company can support them is to stay out and let it be handled internally.

The NMB has nothing to do with seniority intergration, it is a internal union matter.