CACTUS call sign

luvthe9

Veteran
Aug 30, 2002
US Airways will use the Cactus call sign when the two companies are operationally merged.
From the earnings callthe other day.

I believe a good compromise between "U.S. Air" and "Cactus" call signs would be to use "U.S." The suggested call sign has a number of benefits such as:

- A new call sign for the new US Airways.

- The first and last two letters of the "U.S. Air" and "Cact U.S. call signs"

- Patriotism.

- Every piece of marketing literature, posters, and other ads have slogans such as, "Come fly with US", "Do business with US", "Vacation with US", "Charge with US", etc.

Finally, I believe the "U.S." call sign would be something different, it would not have either pilot group disappointed, and it would help assist the culture integration.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Guy is absolutely brilliant. Way to go 320. Nice call. Cactus it is.

Take care and God bless.

pilot

Guy is absolutely brilliant. Way to go 320. Nice call. Cactus it is.

Take care and God bless.

pilot

LOL... :lol:

Finally, I believe the "U.S." call sign would be something different, it would not have either pilot group disappointed, and it would help assist the culture integration.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Yea, I can see your point, pilots from either group is what the airline and intergration is all about.

Let's make them happy, happy, happy... B)

I personally don't mind using "Cactus". I always thought that was a cool callsign. I would have liked to have seen USAir stay though. All the US majors on international routes use their company name: Delta, Contenintal, Northwest, American, United. Hearing Cactus over Europe will take some getting used to I guess. As someone pointed out earlier though, this will mostly be out of view of the public.

Know the difference between a cockpit and a cactus?

With a cactus the prickers are on the outside.

pilot

You know... as long as the paycheck comes every 2 weeks, who gives a rip.

Cactus will sound kinda wierd over the NATRACK but... oh well.

All things change.

Now if those AWA negotiators would just get back to the table and stop playing pity party...

The last vestage of the old USAir will be gone- GREAT!
As for Cactus, who cares? Five years from now people will be saying "why do they call them Cactus?".

Back