Call sign for Airtraffic

Until both airlines operate under a single FAA certificate, callsigns remain the same.
Wouldn't be ironic though if management decided to change AA's callsign to 'Cowboy' or something as stupid  - like  'cactus'.
Cheers.

I seriously doubt Cactus will be used. There are still many places in the world that refuse to use it due to its derogatory meaning in other languages. Some places will only call us "Alpha, Whiskey Echo" and then the flight number. I'm sure American doesn't want it's call sign to be offensive like ours is...

PullUp said:
Until both airlines operate under a single FAA certificate, callsigns remain the same.
Wouldn't be ironic though if management decided to change AA's callsign to 'Cowboy' or something as stupid  - like  'cactus'.
Cheers.
That made me laugh out loud.   Since AA is headquartered in Fort Worth, I nominate "Stockyards" if American isn't retained.  

algflyr said:
I seriously doubt Cactus will be used. There are still many places in the world that refuse to use it due to its derogatory meaning in other languages. Some places will only call us "Alpha, Whiskey Echo" and then the flight number. I'm sure American doesn't want it's call sign to be offensive like ours is...
I didn't know that Cactus was offensive in some languages;  "Phoenix" would have been a simple choice, unless Phoenix isn't distinctive enough.   

FWAAA said:
 I didn't know that Cactus was offensive in some languages;  "Phoenix" would have been a simple choice, unless Phoenix isn't distinctive enough.   
"Cactus" is offensive in every language.
Cheers.

PullUp said:
Cheers.
They only stuck us with Cactus so they could kiss the West guy's arses a little more. smooch smooch

Hope777 said:
Thought I read somewhere the New Call Sign was going to be NIC

That's funny/weird for me.  I actually flew for a Part 135 outift in the 1970's that used NIC as it's identifier with ATC.  And, although the call sign was a mouthful: Northern Illinois Commuter, the controllers always just called us "NIC."

I would have thought that repainted aircraft would keep the USAirways name on the side until a single operating certificate, similar to the callsign, but apparently not.

Back