Canadian Aviation Expo

N2, I suspect I suffer from the plight of many men who fly: I''d be more serious about buying a plane if my wife were more into it. At this time, I am more looking for a different kind of rental option. I have heard from Cirrus Design that Island Air may rent block time on an SR22. My interest in the Cirrus at this time is more to see what it is like to fly, and I can''t seem to find many people who own one, and are willing to take a guy up.

Do I want to buy a Cirrus? well, money for the plane is a big issue, but it doesn''t quite match the specs that I would like. (I like the Piper Dakota''s numbers, even if it is slower.)

N2, I suspect I suffer from the plight of many men who fly: I''d be more serious about buying a plane if my wife were more into it. At this time, I am more looking for a different kind of rental option. I have heard from Cirrus Design that Island Air may rent block time on an SR22. My interest in the Cirrus at this time is more to see what it is like to fly, and I can''t seem to find many people who own one, and are willing to take a guy up.

Do I want to buy a Cirrus? well, money for the plane is a big issue, but it doesn''t quite match the specs that I would like. (I like the Piper Dakota''s numbers, even if it is slower.)

Was just over at the show site and heard that some American exhibitors are not showing this year due to the SARS scare. Hmmmm Garmin, Spruce????? I would hate to think that some of the bigger exhibitors won’t be showing.

Hydro, I can't say who is or isn't showing I really didn't hear any specifics. I just hope that the show is half decent, last year was sort of a let down. They need to get more exhibitors out and I don't mean car dealers like the ones that are showing up, it's an aviation show not a car show. If I wanted to go look at cars I certainly don't need to be spending money on admissions. Yes Friday does look like it's going to be crap
8.gif

Garmin? Is that just a maybe, or did you hear they were one of the ones who cancelled. I''m planning on attending, and wanted to take a look at some GPS units.

Friday seems to be a write off weather wise. But Saturday and Sunday should be very nice, hopefully a good event!

hydro

Well it seems that all the big guys from last year are there, Spruce, Cirrus, Piper so I don''t know who didn''t show.

Back