Charlotte Observer on Doug Parker

Hey I just want to say to Parker , THANK YOU for this merger ,,,I am of the opinion that in the long run it will save more jobs than it costs .

people have different views and while some don't think a merger was necessary , I for one do ... and I don't care about the missteps in your past , I've made them too .... if it were up to me , i'd take you out to the MINT to say THANK YOU for this awesome merger ....

I for one think that we are lucky to have Parker as a CEO ... I think he's the best CEO currently in the airline industry today ...Don't get me wrong , i'm prepared to fight him tooth and nail for what I think is just for my union , but that doesn't preclude me from respecting him for the job he's done thus far ... KUDOS ....

Reactions: 6 people
Hey I just want to say to Parker , THANK YOU for this merger ,,,I am of the opinion that in the long run it will save more jobs than it costs .

people have different views and while some don't think a merger was necessary , I for one do ... and I don't care about the missteps in your past , I've made them too .... if it were up to me , i'd take you out to the MINT to say THANK YOU for this awesome merger ....

I for one think that we are lucky to have Parker as a CEO ... I think he's the best CEO currently in the airline industry today ...Don't get me wrong , i'm prepared to fight him tooth and nail for what I think is just for my union , but that doesn't preclude me from respecting him for the job he's done thus far ... KUDOS ....

Like the AA employees used to say about Crandall: "He may be an SOB, but he's OUR SOB!"

Parker may very well be the best airline CEO out there today. But that's not saying much about him, IMHO. It says a lot about the rest of them.

Reactions: 2 people
This thread is lame. It's almost a week old and who cares about the Charlotte Observer, Ted Reed thinks.

5 and one...who gives a damn (or care less about) anything CLT.

Yawn

Reactions: 1 person
gordon bethune was better he turned co around from worst to first... and if i can recall i dont think he made millions while co was in ch 11 yet when siegel was in charge he took the money and ran as did wolf parker may have helped hp then merge with us but as one other poster on here said at the cost of labor is why the airline is making profits and the fees just add to it if he cant get the labor unions contracts settled then it will show

I don't know that US would have survived the recession without him and his team. There wasn't much money in the bank and things got really lean for a couple quarters. He did some really unpopular things that may very well have been the things that kept the company from going down again. He seems pretty personable and as honest as he can be in the crew news sessions as well. All in all, he may very well be the best airline exec in the country right now.

I agree with you. and for all the people that say he F@#$#$ us (them) look at why he had to do it? ANY CEO wont screw there employees. if it good for the biz its good with me. and if you think about it he didnnot do what he did ( i dont know how peopel go so caled screwed) did he save ur job? i give dug a thank you bc he try as had as he can to make us all to have a job. If your so bitter about him please leave so the rest of us can move up:)

This thread is lame. It's almost a week old and who cares about the Charlotte Observer, Ted Reed thinks.

5 and one...who gives a damn (or care less about) anything CLT.

Yawn

Did you read the article? It was by Ely Portillio, Reed has not worked @ The CLT O for years.

I agree with you. and for all the people that say he F@#$#$ us (them) look at why he had to do it? (1)ANY CEO wont screw there employees. if it good for the biz its good with me. and if you think about it (2)he didnnot do what he did ( i dont know how peopel go so caled screwed) did he save ur job? i give dug a thank you bc(3) he try as had as he can to make us all to have a job. (4)If your so bitter about him please leave so the rest of us can move up:)

OMG dude or dudette!!! Spell checker PAAAAleeeze!...
(1) you are the CEO's perfect love
(2) I know what that means but Geeze!
(3) To Make us all to have a job?
(4) If we leave your not gonna move up , ur gonna supress the living wage!

Two things i know for sure..........1- Freedom would approve.....2- ur a company stooge who writes that way to make out like you are one of us, but we dont write like that and post it so nice try...............

Hahaha ya'll are drinking the cool aid like we did with the merge with the REAL USAirways. You sound like me till Doug lied to me to my face.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000156552

Latest posts