Chicago 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
To argue that any president actually goes on VC is some what foolish. The WH travels with the POTUS at all times. His staff is with or near him. He always has access to direct communication with anyone he needs to speak with. The 7 min with Bush 44 to me was foolish. Not like anything could have been done in the 7 min it took him to get moving. My only question was why the SS let him sit there and continue. I would have thought given the imminent threat and unknowns at the time, they would have yanked his ass up by his hair and dragged him on to a plane.

When Bush was at his ranch, he was at the second WH, not like he was out in the Sahara with no communication. Same with Obama, just because he was abroad arguing for the Olympics does not mean other work was not being done.

As for listening to ones Generals, IIRC, the generals were 9 kinds of pissed off when Rumsfeld gutted the military to fit his idea of a fighting force. When we went into Iraq, I am pretty sure they wanted far more than what was sent but Rumsfeld was certain we could do with less. "You fight with the military you have, not the one you want". Sound familiar?

POTUSs have to please two masters, the people who vote them in, and the people who vote them in. The military always get screwed by both sides.

How Obama Compares To Other Wartime Presidents
[4 min 36 sec] Audio interview

As President Obama weighs his military options in Afghanistan, how does his relationship to the military and his leadership style compare to other wartime presidents? Richard Kohn, a military historian at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, says President Obama's frequency of contacts with Gen. Stanley McChrystal are typical.

It seems that Obama is following the chain of command more than some of the past POTUS'.

Q. How many times has North America and those countries within hosted the Olympic games?

A. ___ ???

Q. How many times has South America and those counties within hosted the Olympic games?

A. ___ ???

Exactly. We have had the Olympics her in the US 8 times. I think giving it to Rio was the right thing to do.

Obama was screwed either way. Had he not gone to speak to the IOC, he would have been accused of not caring about Chicago and the Olympics. He went and the IOC choose Rio and he is accused of failing yet the IOC may never have intended to choose Chicago in the first place. It is a world event where athletes compete. It should not be dirtied by politics but unfortunately it has.

Q. How many times has North America and those countries within hosted the Olympic games?

A. ___ ???

Q. How many times has South America and those counties within hosted the Olympic games?

A. ___ ???

I think part of the reason is that some countries in the southern hemisphere do not have an appropriate climate to hold certain outdoor games in August. Besides a few likely drizzles, however, Rio should be rather pleasant during August.

According to this site they could be looking forward to 76 of a high and low of 64.

Sign me up. Come August I'll me one hot SOB looking for some cooler weather.

Why don’t you do this, show me one instance where, during the Bush Administration, troop level recommendations were deferred while policy change recommendations were explored. How does a competent CIC ever justify leaving our troops in a losing situation regardless of policy or lack thereof? As a serviceman, how can you possibly justify Obama's actions?

You can’t rewrite history to support your accusation that it was Bush who deferred troop level recommendations. The ISG report strongly urged a large pull back of American troops from Iraq as a means to ease tension between rival factions and stabilize a fledging Iraqi government.

As the Democrats were absolutely convinced that the Iraqi war had already been lost, they became incensed when Bush didn’t adopt the ISG recommendation to cut and run. It was at the time that the newly elected Democrat Congress willingly engaged in partian politics and threatened to withhold funding for “surgeâ€￾ troop deployment. As a side bar, isn't it ironic the problems America continues to experience since the Democrats took control of Congress in 2006.
?

Just like you can't rewrite history and pretend the decisions made by the Bush Administration early on were shortsighted at best, borderline criminal at worst. Here's a fact you cannot talk your way out of. If GWB had listened to the right people he would not have had to sign an order for a troop surge to try and fix the disaster Iraq had become in 2006.

I found it interesting that you called the situation in Afghanistan a "losing situation". Who do you think is more responsible for that?

I've noticed on this thread several people talking about how many times GWB talked to his generals and how many times Obama has. Does the name Shinseki ring a bell with you? In case it does not he's the general who in 2003 said more troops were needed for Iraq. Guess how the Bush Administration treated him? Guess who was right?

I'm not questioning your military service just your devotion to a President who does nothing better than to constantly slander our great country and apologize for its actions..

That's exactly what you did though dell. How else am I supposed to interpret 777 your support for a Marxist anti military clown makes me question your service to the Constitution............ ? Questioning someone’s service or loyalty is dirty pool and you know it.

Here's a question for you dell. What about the people still in uniform taking orders from that marxist anti military clown ? Are you going to question their loyalty or "service to the Constitutionâ€￾? If you think he is a Marxist I don't see how you cannot question their loyalty to the country or the Constitution.

That's exactly what you did though dell. How else am I supposed to interpret 777 your support for a Marxist anti military clown makes me question your service to the Constitution............ ? Questioning someone’s service or loyalty is dirty pool and you know it.

Here's a question for you dell. What about the people still in uniform taking orders from that marxist anti military clown ? Are you going to question their loyalty or "service to the Constitutionâ€￾? If you think he is a Marxist I don't see how you cannot question their loyalty to the country or the Constitution.

The military oath requires one to defend the Constitution first and then the President.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Tell me then 777 why it is an allegiance first to the Constitution and not the President?

What is the soldier to do if and when the President is wrong to the people protected under the Constitution they have sworn an oath to defend first?

There is no 'I think he's a marxist'................wake TFU.......he and all his minions are. Obviously you haven't noticed the agenda........ :eek:

The military oath requires one to defend the Constitution first and then the President.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Tell me then 777 why it is an allegiance first to the Constitution and not the President?

What is the soldier to do if and when the President is wrong to the people protected under the Constitution they have sworn an oath to defend first?

There is no 'I think he's a marxist'................wake TFU.......he and all his minions are. Obviously you haven't noticed the agenda........ :eek:

Congratulations dell, you know how to cut and paste. Of course that oath probably means very little to you since you never took it.

You lecturing me about the Constitution is a real hoot. If I remember correctly last November I had to try and convince you that the President cannot do whatever he wants. It's the way our system is set up.

The Constitution says that the President is the Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces. This means that those in the military have to obey the orders of the President. However if Obama really is a Marxist like you think then he's a threat to that very Constitution they are sworn to defend. So what should they do dell. Support and defend the Constitution or obey the orders of a Marxist?

P.S. Just because you think he's a Marxist or that WND or some talking head on the radio tells you so does not mean it's a fact. You stating he’s a Marxist is an opinion, not a fact.

Congratulations dell, you know how to cut and paste. Of course that oath probably means very little to you since you never took it.

You lecturing me about the Constitution is a real hoot. If I remember correctly last November I had to try and convince you that the President cannot do whatever he wants. It's the way our system is set up.

The Constitution says that the President is the Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces. This means that those in the military have to obey the orders of the President. However if Obama really is a Marxist like you think then he's a threat to that very Constitution they are sworn to defend. So what should they do dell. Support and defend the Constitution or obey the orders of a Marxist?

P.S. Just because you think he's a Marxist or that WND or some talking head on the radio tells you so does not mean it's a fact. You stating he’s a Marxist is an opinion, not a fact.

Good try............well then go look up all his past affiliations since high school hot dog.

In regard to my military service.........I was never invited.....if I was I would have went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back