Christmas comes EARLY this Year.....for the....N R A !

Ms Tree said:
None of which has anything to do with the point I made.

Not transferring the title to a car you owned is pretty short sighted.  Something happens with that car you can be held culpable.

If guns are required to be registered from point of manufacture forward and the penalties are substantial enough, far fewer new weapons will get into the hands of those who should not have them.
Would that include the weapons that the gooberment gives away.
Is there a serialized weapons list from fast N furious?
LOL

Ms Tree said:
Perhaps I should have clarified.  By killed I meant killed as in homicide.  Either way there are are far more people killed by guns than by snow machines.  How many people are ;killed' as in homicide, with a gun?
look it up! I'm not doing your work for you.

Thank God you didn't live in Warsaw during WWII and were Jewish. We would have never had the pleasure or your commentary.

Ever ponder what the current Hong Kong demonstrations might look like if the civilians had guns? How about the China?

Also what part of "Shall NOT be infringed" has you confused?

eolesen said:
I've been to over half of the list and have family roots in three of them...

Lots of possible reasons. The lack of drug trafficking is probably a factor. I'd guess that more than half the violent crime in the US is related to drug crimes (be it trafficking or theft to support habits).

Many of them are also culturally homogenous and sparsely populated. A few large cities, but everyone else just keeps to themselves. When you're related to half the country, you're less likely to engage in violent crime. When you don't have people living on top of each other in crowded cities, you're less likely to engage in violent crime.

They're also mostly pacifists who have symbolic military forces. They know someone else will come to their defense and hopefully liberate them when they get invaded. Many of them are somewhat isolated from their neighbors (the exceptions being Canada, Belgium and Holland).

See Eric.  Every once in a while you and I are in AGREEMENT and this (your) post is  'spot-on' in those regards !

(OK....family roots in " 3 " of those countries)  I'm going to take 3 'shots' at this.
1. Norway / Sweden / Germany
2. Norway / Sweden / Holland
3. Norway / Sweden / Denmark

???

SparrowHawk said:
Thank God you didn't live in Warsaw during WWII and were Jewish. We would have never had the pleasure or your commentary.

Ever ponder what the current Hong Kong demonstrations might look like if the civilians had guns? How about the China?

Also what part of "Shall NOT be infringed" has you confused?

I must have missed the part in my history class about the success of the Warsaw uprising.

A blood bath?

Registration of guns restricts gun ownership like registration of cars restricts car ownership.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
(OK....family roots in " 3 " of those countries)  I'm going to take 3 'shots' at this.
1. Norway / Sweden / Germany
2. Norway / Sweden / Holland
3. Norway / Sweden / Denmark
Three strikes, you're out...

Ms Tree said:
I must have missed the part in my history class about the success of the Warsaw uprising.
Let's not forget it took six years, and millions being murdered before the uprising took place.

Maybe you need another history lesson -- I know reading National Review might hurt, but the history detailed in the link below is historically accurate:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/365103/how-nazis-used-gun-control-stephen-p-halbrook

Just to aid in your recovery, here's something from Salon:

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_about_hitler/

Salon probably begrudgingly had to admit that the changes Hitler enacted waived all restrictions for Party members, and that persecuted classes were unable to own either firearms or ammunition. Essentially, just about the only "lie" that Salon can prove is that Hitler's gun control laws weren't harsher than the Weimar laws were. That's not saying much, though, since all Hitler did was allow the Party faithful to be armed while everyone else was still subject to the older laws...

Can you imagine if Jewish shop owners had been armed during Kristallnacht?... If nothing else, it would have been a fair fight, and chances are that if the general population hadn't had their guns taken away, the Nazi's would have never been able to wield as much power as they did over the civilian population.

Ms Tree said:
Registration of guns restricts gun ownership like registration of cars restricts car ownership.
Can you tell us which Constitutional amendment covers car ownership?...

Poor guy doesn't realize the difference between rights and privileges.

Licensing or registration of ham radios, firearms, skilled people etc, lets the gov't know where to go to confiscate or force into involuntary servitude of those with special skills and know how when the merde hits the ventilateur.

Like when they suspend the COTUS.

Last edited by a moderator:
delldude said:
Poor guy doesn't realize the difference between rights and privileges.

Licensing or registration of ham radios, firearms, skilled people etc, lets the gov't know where to go to confiscate or force into involuntary servitude of those with special skills and know how when the merde hits the ventilateur.

Like when they suspend the COTUS.
People don't understand that the Constitution isn't there to protect the people from each other.

It's there to protect people from overreach by Government.

I do wish more people would understand that.

eolesen said:
People don't understand that the Constitution isn't there to protect the people from each other.

It's there to protect people from overreach by Government.

I do wish more people would understand that.

Having the government decide who can and who can't get married is a bit of an overreach, isn't it? 

eolesen said:
Let's not forget it took six years, and millions being murdered before the uprising took place.

Maybe you need another history lesson -- I know reading National Review might hurt, but the history detailed in the link below is historically accurate:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/365103/how-nazis-used-gun-control-stephen-p-halbrook

Just to aid in your recovery, here's something from Salon:

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_about_hitler/

Salon probably begrudgingly had to admit that the changes Hitler enacted waived all restrictions for Party members, and that persecuted classes were unable to own either firearms or ammunition. Essentially, just about the only "lie" that Salon can prove is that Hitler's gun control laws weren't harsher than the Weimar laws were. That's not saying much, though, since all Hitler did was allow the Party faithful to be armed while everyone else was still subject to the older laws...

Can you imagine if Jewish shop owners had been armed during Kristallnacht?... If nothing else, it would have been a fair fight, and chances are that if the general population hadn't had their guns taken away, the Nazi's would have never been able to wield as much power as they did over the civilian population.

Can you tell us which Constitutional amendment covers car ownership?...
Did I miss the part where the uprising  against the Nazis was successful?  

The 14th covers it along with marriage equality, home ownership and a host of other things.  Registration of weapons does not infringe upon the right to won in any way.  You may not like it as is your right but there is no constitutional argument against it so far as I am aware.

KCFlyer said:

Having the government decide who can and who can't get married is a bit of an overreach, isn't it? 

They have god on their side so that makes the over reach OK.

Back