Colgan Air

I have no animosity, nor do I know anyone else who has animostiy toward the Piedmont pilots.

That's good to hear. There is no reason anymore for us to be looked down upon. From looking at the past though, it's hard to believe we have ever been loved. By "the past" I mean before Mesa, Chataqua, Trans States, Republic, Shuttle America, Air Midwest, Commute Air, Colgan, Air Wisconsin, Potomac, and CC Air took our flying and even our airplanes away from us inorder to protect the US Air scope. I hope you can still find some love in your heart for us after this MDA/Republic/Flow Back/Screw The CEL Pilots thing happens.

That's good to hear. There is no reason anymore for us to be looked down upon. From looking at the past though, it's hard to believe we have ever been loved. By "the past" I mean before Mesa, Chataqua, Trans States, Republic, Shuttle America, Air Midwest, Commute Air, Colgan, Air Wisconsin, Potomac, and CC Air took our flying and even our airplanes away from us inorder to protect the US Air scope. I hope you can still find some love in your heart for us after this MDA/Republic/Flow Back/Screw The CEL Pilots thing happens.
Speaking of taking flying! Next month we (Colgan) will loose one aircraft out of ORF - I know, Piedmont's loosing more too, in fact leaving ORF altogether - to Air Wisconsin. So does that mean we won't be looked down upon anymore either for taking Piedmont's flights when we moved to ORF? :) See ya, wherever my new base is!! BCD

Speaking of taking flying! Next month we (Colgan) will loose one aircraft out of ORF - I know, Piedmont's loosing more too, in fact leaving ORF altogether - to Air Wisconsin. So does that mean we won't be looked down upon anymore either for taking Piedmont's flights when we moved to ORF? :) See ya, wherever my new base is!! BCD

Sorry, I should have written that line better. Let me try again.

By "the past" I mean before Mesa, Chataqua, Trans States, Republic, Shuttle America, Air Midwest, Commute Air, Colgan, Air Wisconsin, Potomac, and CC Air were given our flying and even our airplanes inorder to protect the US Air scope.

Sorry, I should have written that line better. Let me try again.

By "the past" I mean before Mesa, Chataqua, Trans States, Republic, Shuttle America, Air Midwest, Commute Air, Colgan, Air Wisconsin, Potomac, and CC Air were given our flying and even our airplanes inorder to protect the US Air scope.

I understood what you meant, after all, in this industry we can't take anything. We should all be happy that we are given what we have been!! Be Good! - BCD

It makes sense if it is the beginning of the end of fee for departure. Legacy carriers can't afford to guarantee a profit for their regionals. And then they make money all those years and get fat and happy and then turn around and bite you in the ass like FlyI did to UA.

UA started it when they cut Great Lakes off. I think we'll see more of this arrangement in the future.

Great Lakes was never a fee-for-departure. It was always shared revenue, which is why they couldn't wait to dump the UA code on SPI-CGX (Springfield, IL to Meigs).. the UA fees from each ticket would normally total close to $50.00 per one way.

While Lakes did feed a lot of traffic to ORD, UA was more interested in their slots back in 1997 than their feed. Their Brasilias were using gate space and runway space that could be used for ACA's newly acquired CRJ's, which is why they took over ZK's most profitable markets --- Lansing, Springfield, Fargo, Sioux Falls....

Lakes was never fee for departure? Wow didn't know that, I thought they were back when they were full on UAX.

Thanks.

It would have been nice to have operated as a Fee-For-Departure, but you can research Great Lakes financials from the late 90's when UAL allowed them to maximize their ORD operations --- they mention how they were trying to negotiate one but never got anywhere with it.

Being based just outside DC (and soon to be the only passenger airline based in the DC area :( ) can't hurt either.

DC isn't particularly sentimental about "home town" companies other than the Redskins. It's probably because so many adults come from other places and the kids tend to move away when they grow up.

(I have no figures to prove the kids move away - I base that comment on what my kids, now in their 20's, and their friends did.)

And of course we'll be the last ones to know! But so far we're not dumped yet! At least until next months bid comes out and we see how much Air Wisconsin takes from us all!

I'm looking for something more stable. I heard that Air Midwest is looking for street captains. I'm going to apply!! :up:

Latest posts