Could F/a's Honor Mechanics Strike Now?

Skyyggoddess

Advanced
Jun 28, 2003
www.usaviation.com
We have heard that NWA is considering hiring foreign nationals to replace flight attendants. For many reasons, is it not worth re-considering honoring the mechanics strike? It is not too late. Also, it is an option for the F/A's to only strike for 10 days as the American Airlines flight attendants planned in 1993. I believe the flight attendants would be protected by the RLA, but could still raise havoc and bring NWA management back to the table to bargain in good faith.
Just a few thoughts.

NWA filed for Bk. Now all the remaining unions will get what they deserved/asked for. They could have all joined AMFA and stood together for what was right. The pilots refused because they feared their pensions. The iam refused because of blind hatred for AMFA and wanted to SCAB any job they could. The f/a's looked as if they might honor the picket line because they had as much to lose as the AMTs. But alas they caved and danced to the company's music.

AMFA was the only union that saw the evil of NWa management for what it is... EVIL!

So, whatever the judge allows in BK is what the remaining unions deserve. I hope the iam gets twice as much as the other unions because the iam at NWA is a SCAB UNION!

For the f/a's and rampers that did support AMFA when they could I pray for you. I know that there are some honorable men & women in these unions. The above comments are not directed at you.

It is very simple. All NWA unions had a chance and opportunity to stand together for a common goal. Only AMFA was willing to fight. As far as history will record it AMFA did what was right. The other unions FAILED! Enjoy your concessions!

Ken MacTiernan said:
NWA filed for Bk. Now all the remaining unions will get what they deserved/asked for. They could have all joined AMFA and stood together for what was right. The pilots refused because they feared their pensions. The iam refused because of blind hatred for AMFA and wanted to SCAB any job they could. The f/a's looked as if they might honor the picket line because they had as much to lose as the AMTs. But alas they caved and danced to the company's music.

AMFA was the only union that saw the evil of NWa management for what it is... EVIL!

So, whatever the judge allows in BK is what the remaining unions deserve. I hope the iam gets twice as much as the other unions because the iam at NWA is a SCAB UNION!

For the f/a's and rampers that did support AMFA when they could I pray for you. I know that there are some honorable men & women in these unions. The above comments are not directed at you.

It is very simple. All NWA unions had a chance and opportunity to stand together for a common goal. Only AMFA was willing to fight. As far as history will record it AMFA did what was right. The other unions FAILED! Enjoy your concessions!
[post="300850"][/post]​

Its not too late, but the chances are the courts will threaten to abrogate your agreement if they do. The question is "is NWA already prepared to replace you?"

If you dont do it soon arent you just giving them more time to put together a plan like they did with the mechanics? Perhaps the sooner the better. At the very least you could charge that the company is not baragining in good faith if they are setting up for replacements. If they have the extra cash to set that up then in reality they dont need what they are demanding from you.

I'll admit that I'm dissapoined in the PFAA. They were short sighted. I never expected much from ALPA or the IAM. Even though they are affiliated they have a long history of not supporting each other.

Bob Owens said:
I never expected much from ALPA or the IAM. Even though they are affiliated they have a long history of not supporting each other.
[post="300855"][/post]​

Bob,

That is an understatement!!!
Not 'supporting' is bad enough but these beasts allow crossing each others picket lines and have no compulsion to performing struck work.

-BigE

Ken MacTiernan said:

[post="300850"][/post]​
I really get tired of hearing how nobody else supported AMFA. To say that only AMFA was willing to fight is a crock. ALPA has a strong track record of fighting (remember 98 when the pilots struck and the mechanics went to work?). ALPA went to all of the unions over a year ago with offers to share the economic data from the study on the company that they had paid for and collected from a third party. They also tried to get the other unions on board to fight this fight from a unified labor front. AMFA and PFAA leadership promptly told ALPA to pound sand. They said they were not interested in joining forces and that they were more than capable of negotiating for their members on their own. As time went on, ALPA continued to try to get the other unions to come together and was met with the same response. Now the "greedy pilots" are only looking out for themselves. Get a grip! The support was there and it was shunned. Now I guess it is every man/union for themselves. Don't let emotions get in the way of the facts. I still support the mechanic 100% and hope for the best for all NWA employees. Just keep the blame where it belongs. Management is the culprit here, not the unions. Flame away!

Will the FAA allow the foreigners to actually do the F/As jobs? i thought that they would have to speak english? I cant even picture a foreigner as a F/A on a domestic flight. But I wouldnt be surprised if the FAA allows it

Why dont we stop flaming...stop guessing...stop attacking eachother...and pray for the best outcome. all the flaming and name calling in will get you nothing

operaations said:
Why dont we stop flaming...stop guessing...stop attacking eachother...and pray for the best outcome.  all the flaming and name calling in will get you nothing
[post="301027"][/post]​

OK, AA management (edited by moderator)! :rolleyes:

ExAF said:
(remember 98 when the pilots struck and the mechanics went to work?).
[post="300997"][/post]​

And for anti-union reasons(1 of many) such as this one, the former union(iam) was booted.

robbedagain said:
Will the FAA allow the foreigners to actually do the F/As jobs? i thought that they would have to speak english? I cant even picture a foreigner as a F/A on a domestic flight. But I wouldnt be surprised if the FAA allows it
[post="301000"][/post]​

Imagine the customers reactions to cabin crews comprised of folks from India, Pakistan, Phillapines, etc.

B.O.B. said:
OK, AA management (deleted by moderator)!  :rolleyes:
[post="301096"][/post]​
The Maturity level you display frightens me B.O.B To think you are put in charge of passengers safety. The way you respond to posts makes me believe that when the going gets toungh on board you probably spit in drinks, or in food, or tamper with other flight attendants carry ons. I would hope not because the Union you are represented by is called the APFA. Association of Professional Flight Attendants. So try acting Professional for once

operaations said:
The Maturity level you display frightens me B.O.B  To think you are put in charge of passengers safety.  The way you respond to posts makes me believe that when the going gets toungh on board you probably spit in drinks, or in food, or tamper with other flight attendants carry ons. 
[post="301144"][/post]​

Just because someone calls you an idiot, you accuse them of spitting drinks and tampering with other carry-ons. B.O.B. was wrong, you're not just an idiot, you're a (deleted by moderator). :shock:

Read his reply to a person asking to stay on topic. Childish and immature. I admit I was immature and chilidish in my response as well. But if that is how he reacts from a simple please stay on topic. What do you think he does on a plane

I see you are responding...let me guess you will use abreviated profanity. or better yet call me other names...I am assuming you and BOB went to the same school of maturity and professionalism

operaations said:
What do you think he does on a plane
[post="301156"][/post]​

If you were to judge people by their actions on this board as to their actions on the job, not plane one would get off the ground.

My slamming of scabs or bootlickers stays on the board, which is designed as an avenue to vent in cyberspace rather than in reality. Your professionalism on this board has zero impact on your professionalism on the job.