Covid-19 Mask Studies

Kinda hard to argue the data/numbers.

You're 100% right that SD has more traffic in/out/through it than VT likely does. The Sturgis rally this year was a huge super spreader event, with all of those riders then bringing the 'rona home. Trump's rallies in the state didn't help.
Is that the same 'super spreader' rally that 460,000 attended, four were hospitalized and one person died from the 'Rona?

source.gif

Reactions: Seatacus
First they reported the Trump virus when it didn't exist. Once the election was over there would be no more reporting on it.

Now they don't report the Trump virus enough.

Is that the same 'super spreader' rally that 460,000 attended, four were hospitalized and one person died from the 'Rona?

Sturgis has been a huge driver of cases in the upper Midwest.

Back to masks: They are just one effective layer in an overall strategy. It's an overused analogy, but they're just like seatbelts. Your odds of dying in a wreck don't go down to 0, but they sure drop a lot.

Further, masks work best when we ALL wear them. I can obey all the rules of the road, but if Dell doesn't, I'll still likely get T-boned.

We also need to get over ourselves as a country a little. Like it or not, we're in this together. We might as well fight it together.

Trump take advice?

if his advisors disagree with him he dumps them and finds advisors who do agree with him.
Pretty much. Like the firing of the top official who clearly stated the election was extraordinarily well run. Or firing the top Pentagon official because he disagrees with trump on pull out of all troops from Afghanistan and I believe Syria. I also like the fact he has lost over 30 court cases by both judges he appointed and his predecessor appointed.

Sturgis has been a huge driver of cases in the upper Midwest.

Back to masks: They are just one effective layer in an overall strategy. It's an overused analogy, but they're just like seatbelts. Your odds of dying in a wreck don't go down to 0, but they sure drop a lot.

Further, masks work best when we ALL wear them. I can obey all the rules of the road, but if Dell doesn't, I'll still likely get T-boned.

We also need to get over ourselves as a country a little. Like it or not, we're in this together. We might as well fight it together.
Those numbers are from CDC and specifically address the 'huge driver of cases'.

Only thing masks do is reduce the viral load you ingest if exposed. That's it.

'We're in this together'....... 'We must unite'

After the left belittling anything from the right for over four years and now it's time for Kumbayuh....gonna take more than a few group hugs.

Purely anecdotal, but my kiddo often works the covid ward at the hospital, so she sees it all the time. She had to fly to Vegas yesterday for a minor emergency. She really wasn't keen on going. She said she would rather be working the covid ward than flying on a plane where you have no idea what the person beside you has.

....gonna take more than a few group hugs.

Absolutely, but I like to think that things like "less dead Americans" are ideals we can all rally around.

Doing that means ignoring the loudest voices on the fringe(s). We've given the "f--k your feelings" crowd enough oxygen. I still believe most people are reasonable.

Pretty much. Like the firing of the top official who clearly stated the election was extraordinarily well run. Or firing the top Pentagon official because he disagrees with trump on pull out of all troops from Afghanistan and I believe Syria. I also like the fact he has lost over 30 court cases by both judges he appointed and his predecessor appointed.
Absolutely, but I like to think that things like "less dead Americans" are ideals we can all rally around.

Doing that means ignoring the loudest voices on the fringe(s). We've given the "f--k your feelings" crowd enough oxygen. I still believe most people are reasonable.
Then somebody needs to shut MSM's mouth....would do for starters. IMO, this divide lies, in a huge part, at their feet.

Reactions: robbedagain
Sorry...it lies at the feet of the loser of the recent election. The MSM is only reporting what he says and does.
Funny, lots of BS about Russian Collusion and several other stories that left MSM sitting in shock and long faced once again...just like Nov 3rd 2016....'The Night of The Long Faces'....all the while the loyal left sucked up those stories like a Hoover.....

Notice even after Trump lost, 70 million pissed off Republicans didn't burn down cites or sit around crying?

Funny, lots of BS about Russian Collusion and several other stories that left MSM sitting in shock and long faced once again...just like Nov 3rd 2016....'The Night of The Long Faces'....all the while the loyal left sucked up those stories like a Hoover.....

Notice even after Trump lost, 70 million pissed off Republicans didn't burn down cites or sit around crying?

Maybe...but 68 million pissed off Republicans still don't think he lost the election. Let's see what they do after Janary 21. Especially if their dear leader issues a call to arms. If he does....are you in?