Credit Union

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
It is useless! It is Continentals so I expect it to be gone?
No ATMs except at CHQ, no network on that ATM in house only.
They charge fees for everything.
I can use other CU in town and as a courtesy they don't charge ATM fees
but my does!!!

How about a company store? I have seen the online one but do you have a brick and mortar store? Any at the Airports?

Looking forward to working together.
:up:

Personally, i like our credit union. A lot of transactions you can do online or over the phone. Everything from transfers to loans. Fees are minimal and the employees are very nice. Our Credit union has changed it's name to Clearview FCU. I am not sure if they will be able to open locations out west or not. I thought there was something that went with the name change that made them more regional to the PIT area......maybe someone else can clarify that.

The brick and mortar company stores have all been closed. You can only get merchandise online.

Hope that helps.....

i think the new clearview cards, name etc
are so dang (edited) !
why didnt they just keep it US CU ?
i liked the planes on the cards !

I just dumped Clearview. Their online banking website sucks and it costs to do online billpay. You can get better amenities and online billpay for FREE from E*Trade (you get FREE ATM TRANSACTIONS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD with E*Trade), Bank of America, PNC, to name a few. Do your homework, the credit union used to be a good thing, now like a lot of things it's lost the competitve edge.

MarkMyWords said:
Personally, i like our credit union.

Clearview does not have enough locations in the PIT area to really service it's clients. But it makes up for it in services. I remember 20 years ago, on probation, calling to ask for a 2K loan to "get me by" on my first year pay. The moneys were there in 10 minutes. They are always willing to match or beat other loan rates. Other than a few dealer specials, I have always found Clearview to be right there with auto loans...and they just refinanced one of my cars at the same rate I was given over 2 years ago. They should have opened a branch in the PIT airport 10 years ago. But I will stick with them. Their customer service is a class act. Best, Greeter.

MarkMyWords said:
Personally, i like our credit union. A lot of transactions you can do online or over the phone. Everything from transfers to loans. Fees are minimal and the employees are very nice. Our Credit union has changed it's name to Clearview FCU. I am not sure if they will be able to open locations out west or not. I thought there was something that went with the name change that made them more regional to the PIT area......maybe someone else can clarify that.

The brick and mortar company stores have all been closed. You can only get merchandise online.

Hope that helps.....
[post="299755"][/post]​

I thought there was something that went with the name change that made them more regional to the PIT area......maybe someone else can clarify that

I read that the CU was getting worried about the future of U and wanted to distance themselves from any negativity...

There is also the Piedmont Aviation Credit Union. Several offices in N.C. along with a full service office in the CLT airport. The website is www.pacu.com

LD3 said:
I thought there was something that went with the name change that made them more regional to the PIT area......maybe someone else can clarify that

I read that the CU was getting worried about the future of U and wanted to distance themselves from any negativity...
[post="299814"][/post]​

The name change from what I understand was partly to distance itself from the so-called stigma of USAirways , plus it made provisions to allow greater membership from oustide USAirways within the western region of PA.

They had to branch out..as U has furloughed almost 50% of it's work force...and with it went their dollars going back into the FCU. Having talked to people in the Loan Dept...most of their deals were becoming limited to restructuring existing loans..or foreclosures on loans in default. These are not situations that will keep any banking institution vibrant or growing.

The name of the game is to provide loans and make returns on the loans. Scared Employee's are not going out on a limb for anything that they can't live without....look in the employee parking lots , what use to be a parade of newer cars is no longer in so many respects...regardless of what city you are in.

I have always liked doing business with the USAirways FCU....and in person in both CLT and Moontownship Pa , you can ask for no finer in regards to friendliness and service.

Frankly I hated the name change to Clearview...and I still can't get adjusted to saying it...but logically I understand their reasons for it.

If HP's FCU is as bad as this poster implies? I sure as hell hope the Clearview FCU broadens its scope to accomodate everyone within the combined system.

Actually, Hope, there are two offices at the CLT airport though I suspect many are not aware of the 2nd at the old terminal building near the training center and hanger.

ATM availability includes the Cashpoint nationwide network (I believe it's owned & operated by the National Credit Union Association) and those operated by other members of the Association (I routinely use the NC State Employees Credit Union ATM near my house), all with no fee.

Likewise, I have never incurred a fee for using an ATM overseas, as long as it was in the Cirrus or Honor network (Cirrus seems to be widespread in Europe).

Jim

Jim, I am very much aware of the second CLT location. The Airport ( In Terminal ) office is much better accessable to most. I have used the old terminal office prior, but was in clt for training. If I was flying thru CLT, the upstairs office is much more convienent. But Thanks for brining it up, as you say, most employees are NOT aware of that office.

Ed

You're right, Hope. For commuters or those who are based/live outside CLT the terminal office is a lot more convenient.....

The only potential problem I can see with what will be 3 separate credit unions post-merger (Clearview, PI, & AWA) is the regulations covering credit unions. As I understand it, there either has to be a corporate or geographical connection before one can become a member of a credit union.

Currently, neither Clearview nor PACU list US Airways as a corporate "partner". Clearview's geographic area of eligibility is southwest PA while PACU's is a portion of NC. So I don't know if current AWA employees could join either (likewise, I doubt US employees other than presumably in PHX could join the AWA credit union). Possibly something will be worked out after the merger.

Jim

I was just in the clearview in PHL and the person I spoke with told me that they have nothing to do with Usair anymore. They do not accept new Usair to be in their credit union. She told me that the only U employees that are with them are the ones that stayed and kept their account. I have never had a problem with banking with them..but their new checks suck!! They are boring!! No more U a/c on them. Since they are not the bank for U anymore..U has no bank!!(officially)

Just adding my two cents, I am a member of both US and PI's CU for many years and over the years have met many employees of both, as said before both employee groups are a CLASS ACT, and they both have helped me a lot over the years with loans and credit advice/help. I hope one of these fine orginizations would consider doing soemthing to accomodate HP's employees and perhaps brances in PHX and LAS.

LGA777

Latest posts