Dates set for ramp vote

You might've missed the part where I said "employees that worked the full year."

My contention is that each of us (you in GSE, me in ACS, etc) all worked to make DL a success, and that any profit sharing should be shared equally, across all divisions, from top to bottom.

Whether you agree with that specifically or not, just be aware that the current distribution amongst groups (by that I mean ACS, RES, IFS, Pilots, merit, etc., and NOT PMNW vs PMDL) is inequitable.

Guess the inequitable part, all depends on what side of the tracks your on !

Personally, I saw a profit sharing check at about 2 years with Delta and even though I personally worked with people who had been there longer and had received a larger check than mine, I thought it was fair !

Longevity should count for something, other than bidding ! :blink:

While "capital gains" is the incorrect term in this case, the point that it's taxed at ~45% holds true.

This isn't quite right. The withholding is ~45%, not the tax. The actual tax is determined when you file your tax return at the end of the year. In many cases, you'll end up getting a decent portion of this 45% withholding back, depending on which tax bracket you ultimately end up in.

This is actually true for all of your income. What is withheld from your paycheck is a "best guess" of what your tax liability ultimately will be. Your actual tax liability is determined when you file your tax return. Unless you have a lot of non-payroll income (interest, dividends, capital gains, rent from rental properties, etc.), you will almost surely end up with a refund unless your withholding exemptions are set too high.

With all your chest thumping about unions I have no doubt that you did NOT cross any picket lines, have you? Say....back in 2005?

You're right, Tarzan, I've never crossed a picket line. There is no picket line if you've never gone on strike. FYI, in my 28 years of union labor, since 1994 with another union job, I am bound by a 'no-strike' clause in my contract...meaning I can't strike!

I don't know what the 2005 statement that you obviously pulled out of your butt means, but you have me confused with somebody else.

Thanks for stopping by, but please tell your fellow fools to know what the hell they're talking about before they come up with falsehoods! :lol:

You're right, Tarzan, I've never crossed a picket line. There is no picket line if you've never gone on strike. FYI, in my 28 years of union labor, since 1994 with another union job, I am bound by a 'no-strike' clause in my contract...meaning I can't strike!

I don't know what the 2005 statement that you obviously pulled out of your butt means, but you have me confused with somebody else.

Thanks for stopping by, but please tell your fellow fools to know what the hell they're talking about before they come up with falsehoods! :lol:

So , since there is a "No-Strike Clause" in your contract how do you get back at "The Man" ? A work slow-down possibly !

Sounds like a union who's all bark and no bite or your just not willing to put your A$$ on the line to protect your union !

So , since there is a "No-Strike Clause" in your contract how do you get back at "The Man" ? A work slow-down possibly !

Sounds like a union who's all bark and no bite or your just not willing to put your A$$ on the line to protect your union !

The no strike clause is in every Railway labor contract. Under the Railway Labor Act the only way a strike is possible is when you are in Section 6 negotiations and you have come to an impasse. You can ask for a 30 day cooling off period at which time a strike would be possible. That's why you a contract never expires it only becomes amendable under the Railway Labor Act.

The no strike clause is in every Railway labor contract. Under the Railway Labor Act the only way a strike is possible is when you are in Section 6 negotiations and you have come to an impasse. You can ask for a 30 day cooling off period at which time a strike would be possible. That's why you a contract never expires it only becomes amendable under the Railway Labor Act.

So, going through the proper motions, a strike is possible, even though there is a "No Strike" clause in the contract ! :blink:

ok?.................................

So, going through the proper motions, a strike is possible, even though there is a "No Strike" clause in the contract ! :blink:

ok?.................................

The Railway Labor Act was concocted by Republicans so that havoc could not be created by airlines and railroads for the travelling public. If you look at any contract under the RLA you will also see a No lock out clause.

The Railway Labor Act was concocted by Republicans so that havoc could not be created by airlines and railroads for the travelling public. If you look at any contract under the RLA you will also see a No lock out clause.

If you take the time to study the RLA, you will see that both Rpublicans and Democrats were involved in drafting it.

From wikipedia

A capital gains tax (CGT) is a tax charged on capital gains, the profit realized on the sale of a non-inventory asset that was purchased at a lower price. The most common capital gains are realized from the sale of stocks, bonds, precious metals and property. Not all countries implement a capital gains tax and most have different rates of taxation for individuals and corporations.

Since the profit sharing is basically just an extra paycheck, capital gains is a non issue at this point.

Yes I was told it will be taxed at 25%, from someone from the payroll department.

pants,
Payroll WITHHOLDS based on guidelines from the IRS but they cannot determine how it will be taxed for any individual taxpayer. If all you had in earnings for a year was capital gains, it could be as high as 25% - but a whole lot depends on your tax situation. Since active employees have wage income in addition to investment income, it is doubtful that most would fall into the 25% tax rate.