Dates set for ramp vote

Hmm, wonder if the "Highest Corporate Tax Rates in the World" have anything to do with companys moving their business out of the country !

There's no way anyone, including you, would want to run a business in the U.S. with Big brother and Unions breathing down their neck !

I'm sorry, but I had to chime in here......

The "Citizens United" decision changed everything.
Just look at the last election. Big Corporations threw money out the window trying to get "their" candidates elected. It was enough money to pay their yearly tax bill and then some.....This bogus decision said that corporations and Unions can donate unlimited amounts of money, but we saw that the Unions money wasn't long enough. The corporations had a field day. But I don't want to get off track here...... It's got nothing to do with D or R politics - this was just a bad decision from a "activist" Supreme Court.

If big corporations are now considered "people" too; please.....PLEASE pay your taxes like us regular people do, instead of outsourcing and offshoring. (ie: Haliburton) We have to pay ours, now pay yours! People complain about the tax rate, but some corporations pay little tax or PILOT (Payments In Lieu Of Taxes) or no payments at all.
You are considered "people" now, so do what we do. PAY UP!
(And before someone defends the big corporations that don't pay or have their corporate offices offshore, explain to me why they won't pay?)
You get the benifits of the greatest country in the world, but don't want to help when it is in it's worst hour............

Sorry for the rant.

I'm sorry, but I had to chime in here......

The "Citizens United" decision changed everything.
Just look at the last election. Big Corporations threw money out the window trying to get "their" candidates elected. It was enough money to pay their yearly tax bill and then some.....This bogus decision said that corporations and Unions can donate unlimited amounts of money, but we saw that the Unions money wasn't long enough. The corporations had a field day. But I don't want to get off track here...... It's got nothing to do with D or R politics - this was just a bad decision from a "activist" Supreme Court.

If big corporations are now considered "people" too; please.....PLEASE pay your taxes like us regular people do, instead of outsourcing and offshoring. (ie: Haliburton) We have to pay ours, now pay yours! People complain about the tax rate, but some corporations pay little tax or PILOT (Payments In Lieu Of Taxes) or no payments at all.
You are considered "people" now, so do what we do. PAY UP!
(And before someone defends the big corporations that don't pay or have their corporate offices offshore, explain to me why they won't pay?)
You get the benifits of the greatest country in the world, but don't want to help when it is in it's worst hour............

Sorry for the rant.
Corporations have been considered legal persons for some time now. One big exception is that they only pay taxes on their NET earnings while everyone else has to pay them on their Gross earnings. This leaves corporations with tons of cash, the more they spend the less taxes they have to pay!!! Corporations outspend Unions 10 to 1 on politics and theyb get their moneys worth as their tax burden, if you could call it that, get shifted to working stiffs like us. While they cant actually cast a ballott they can fund an election, and do it with before tax money! In other words they make you pay for it.

I've seen where spinamsters claim that the unions want laws that favor them, who doesnt but the unions are lucky when they get laws that are simply fair, like the one that led to the votes at Delta where only votes that are cast are counted, like very other election in the country, if not the world.

Ooh! Wonder Pup? That sounds like your first original thought in a hundred or so posts.

Keep working on it. Free your mind from the Birther mode.

Maybe you will get another original thought that isn't so lame.

I've seen where spinamsters claim that the unions want laws that favor them, who doesnt but the unions are lucky when they get laws that are simply fair, like the one that led to the votes at Delta where only votes that are cast are counted, like very other election in the country, if not the world.

And apparently, this rule change was "Still" not good enough for them !...............Please see, "Unions crying after major loss at Delta!"

And apparently, this rule change was "Still" not good enough for them !...............Please see, "Unions crying after major loss at Delta!"

Answer a couple of questions for me. Why would Delta bring back fleet employees in PHX when there are maybe 10-20 flights per day? They outsourced that work only a few years back. Could it be possible that they were stacking the vote and if so, what are they going to do with these employees in the future? Paying these employees $18 or whatever the top out may be is cheaper than the $10 they were getting charged by the contract company? Think about it!!!!

Answer a couple of questions for me. Why would Delta bring back fleet employees in PHX when there are maybe 10-20 flights per day? They outsourced that work only a few years back. Could it be possible that they were stacking the vote and if so, what are they going to do with these employees in the future? Paying these employees $18 or whatever the top out may be is cheaper than the $10 they were getting charged by the contract company? Think about it!!!!

#1 "Blame your Union" !
Your union dragged their feet , waiting on the deck to be stacked in their favor. Maybe if they had went ahead with a vote as soon as possible, the "Evil Delta", wouldn't have had time to "Re-stack" the deck in their favor, as you seem to think !

#2 If and when another vote take place and they lose "Again", do they start B!tchin' and moanin' all over .............again ?

BTW...........getting 6.5 % of my 2010 gross, as a profit sharing check...............whats yours looking like ! :unsure:

while it is far easier to think of DL's actions at re-opening the ramp at PHX and other stations as manipulation of the vote, there might actually be sound business reasons....
first, DL now has the potential to serve key cities to up to seven hubs... so the level of flight activity can actually be fairly significant even if non-hub cities which are fairly small for other carriers.
DL and NW both were the largest airlines in their particular geographic regions (DL the east coast, NW the midwest) so combined, DL now is the dominant airline in more small and medium sized cities than any other airline.
second, the merger created size benefits that make operating many smaller stations quite a bit more profitable. Further, DL has used the ready reserve program - and as hated as it might be - it does give DL the flexibility to staff on as needed basis - both seasonally and on a weekly basis. While I and others would like to see many more stations staffed above and below wing with full-time DL people, it is a step forward for DL to begin reopening some stations even if a smaller number of people are full-time while others are part-time and a few ready reserves are thrown in.

We can hope there will be many more cities with DL employee staffing in the not too distant future.

#1 "Blame your Union" !
Your union dragged their feet , waiting on the deck to be stacked in their favor. Maybe if they had went ahead with a vote as soon as possible, the "Evil Delta", wouldn't have had time to "Re-stack" the deck in their favor, as you seem to think !

#2 If and when another vote take place and they lose "Again", do they start B!tchin' and moanin' all over .............again ?

BTW...........getting 6.5 % of my 2010 gross, as a profit sharing check...............whats yours looking like ! :unsure:

You just don't get it, quit drinking the corporate america koolaid. 6.4% of what amount and take out your capital gains and taxes and you are left with 55% of that. BTW, I'm not bitching about that stacked vote and that the Union lost, just realistic about the truth of the situation.

You just don't get it, quit drinking the corporate america koolaid. 6.4% of what amount and take out your capital gains and taxes and you are left with 55% of that. BTW, I'm not bitching about that stacked vote and that the Union lost, just realistic about the truth of the situation.

My bad..............didn't realize Delta was responsible for the capital gains tax ! :blink:

Congratulations! You have contributed to union rolls declining!

...and I'm talking about the airline industry as a whole :angry: The industry has mastered outsourcing, union-busting, replacing high wage union workers with lower wage earning SAME union workers, need I keep going? I won't bother with the industry's union joke, USeless Airways!

Still at Delta, the pilots won't give up their union. Go figure! :rolleyes:

But let's talk about the non-union workers. I won't mention any names but let's call this airline jetBaloney. I've seen many employees...some with the airline from the beginning, others with years of service...get fired for some minor infraction. possibly having a bad day. One employee was fired just before Christmas.

Non-union? Yeah, no fret, you have job security until you retire. Which could be tomorrow. Oh, I forget, most of you live in a gated community. The box, if you will :lol: You live with the mindset that you can never be replaced as long as you are loyal to your master.

Your master is ever-changing. Meet your new boss, chances are he won't be like your old boss. You might not hit the 'right' spot in your brown-nosing techniques.

Reactions: 1 person