Delta Air Lines to Leave Trade Association in April 2016

townpete said:
What groundbreaking achievement has this group ever done?

Ever?

From the sounds of it they could never really agree on anything, or produce anything meaningful.
what is it like to constantly talk but have no idea what you are talking about? 
Amazing that in the world of google you can't figure out how wrong you are. 

eolesen said:
I spent many years working on both A4A and IATA working groups. A4A is why the industry has things like standard tickets and reservations message standards, ULD containers that can fit on anyone's aircraft, standards for baggage dimensions, and has always worked closely with the DOT and FAA to make sure that regulations coming down from Congress are actually workable when implemented. Typically, A4A will come up with practices 18-24 months before IATA adopts them as their own.

My guess is you're simply ignorant of what the association actually does, and too busy drinking widget-ade via a firehose.

BTW, I've known George Hamlin for over ten years. Ask him if A4A provides value, and you'll get a much different answer than the little soundbyte DL CorpCom showed you.
exactly. 

Reactions: 1 person
topDawg said:
what is it like to constantly talk but have no idea what you are talking about? 
Amazing that in the world of google you can't figure out how wrong you are. 

exactly.
Somehow I think DAL will be just fine without having to be a part of this group.

In an alternate universe people would have applauded a company saving $5.000.000 on useless membership as it only further the bottom line and profit share.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
I spent many years working on both A4A and IATA working groups. A4A is why the industry has things like standard tickets and reservations message standards, ULD containers that can fit on anyone's aircraft, standards for baggage dimensions, and has always worked closely with the DOT and FAA to make sure that regulations coming down from Congress are actually workable when implemented. Typically, A4A will come up with practices 18-24 months before IATA adopts them as their own.My guess is you're simply ignorant of what the association actually does, and too busy drinking widget-ade via a firehose.BTW, I've known George Hamlin for over ten years. Ask him if A4A provides value, and you'll get a much different answer than the little soundbyte DL CorpCom showed you.
Apparently, none of those are significant according to some people...

Reactions: 2 people