Delta Anti-Merger Video

The DL employees can come together as much as they want, and Grinstein and his boys are laughing and loving it all at the same time. They must be saying "Look at all of these fools that we screwed out of their wages and benefits, bonding together to save our high paying positions". :unsure:

This is why Grinstein and his boys went to Parker. They set up a secret meeting. "You bid to help us squeeze blood from the employees. Afterwards, when we get our golden parachutes and are retired to our country club life style, you can have the trim down airline."

This is why Grinstein and his boys went to Parker. They set up a secret meeting. "You bid to help us squeeze blood from the employees. Afterwards, when we get our golden parachutes and are retired to our country club life style, you can have the trim down airline."

I think there is more truth to that statement than we will ever know.

Hi Guys...........
It amazes me that a group of professional people so quickly forget that Delta's, their Delta's, business plan was to run USAirways out of business.

Care to provide some evidence to back this opinion? I was not privy to the Delta business plan, but I guess you were...maybe you can enlighten us?

Before the responses come pouring in...........
'75, Abe, NYC.........remember each morning to 'klick you heels and repeat....I Believe, I Believe.....that Grinstein will save us'.

It's funny when I read posts here. Some (like yours) seem to think that Grinstein will "save us" from a merger with USAir....others say that this is the best thing since sliced bread....which one is it?

I mean, either Grinstein is off his rocker and Parker is the saviour for us all, or (like you say) Grinstein can save us from this bad guy (Parker).

Some USAir people go one way....others go the other. What I do, as a Delta employee, is look at what USair employees have as far as pay and benefits and make the easy decision.

I already make more money. My company, even in BK, is in better long term shape, and my future looks brighter without Parker.

For the first time since I was hired, it just so happens that my management feels the same way as I do....so I'll stick with my SOB and you can keep yours!

The Pacific sure is BLUE from my house.....

Take Care YA ALL !!
rk

Happy New Year, and I hope you and Parker have a plan B, rk.

Abe

For the first time since I was hired, it just so happens that my management feels the same way as I do....so I'll stick with my SOB and you can keep yours!
Happy New Year, and I hope you and Parker have a plan B, rk.
Abe

Good point. What are these guys going to do when this dies? They are on the Delta forum giving us a bunch of crap for wanting to remain independent. Most here don't go to their forum and spread a bunch of manure. The writing is on the wall. The major creditors are with DL. You'll find out in Feb that you have to get over it and move on. Just hope this doesn't turn out like the US and UA attempted merger. No business plan other than the merger for your side. That turned out well, not.

Good point. What are these guys going to do when this dies? They are on the Delta forum giving us a bunch of crap for wanting to remain independent. Most here don't go to their forum and spread a bunch of manure. The writing is on the wall. The major creditors are with DL. You'll find out in Feb that you have to get over it and move on. Just hope this doesn't turn out like the US and UA attempted merger. No business plan other than the merger for your side. That turned out well, not.
Listen, you are Delta, you have nothing to worry about after US is turned down! You will be fine, you are DL. Everyone is with you. So why even worry about what US people say?

Your stand alone plan is rich. No worries!

Perhaps it was the way that the Pan Am and Western people were treated that has them concerned.
Let’s see…

Western was having problems but was working them out.
A couple airlines approached Western with merger or buy-out proposals which Western turned down. Western did say they might be interested in a merger partner ‘after they got their own house in order, so they could negotiate as equals with something to offer.’
Everyone honored Western’s wishes and backed off. After Western regained their position, Western and Delta got together. And how poorly did Delta treat the Western employees?
No jobs lost.
No one was reduced in position.
The FIRST action taken after the papers were signed was to give every Western employee a pay raise.
Any Western employee that had to relocate because of the merger was given paid time off, positive space tickets, hotel and meals for house hunting.
Their move was fully paid by Delta.
Dual living expenses were paid until the family completed their move.

Pan Am people? You’re probably right. They would have been better off if Delta had left them where Pan Am put them… On the street. That really was a dirty deal Delta gave them… Hiring them, giving them the same position at Delta they formally had at Pan Am, paying them more than Pan Am had, with better benefits than they had at Pan Am, gave them back a pension after Pan Am had blown theirs… Yes, you’re right; they should have been left where Pan Am put them.

US Air? Your company, LCC, has no honor.
Just as Delta, United, and Frontier were asked to back off by Western, you were asked to back off. Instead of complying, your response is similar to any rapist; ‘if you won’t accept a civil advance, you’ll get it forced on you.’
Your personnel history looks like that of any rodent, prone to eating your own.
The only “synergies†US brings to the table are visions of what can be sold off and how many jobs can be eliminated.
Yours is one of the companies that lead the airline industry’s race to the bottom. A major mistake that put Delta where it is today was holding on to the belief that superior service would mean more to the traveling public than trading a few $$$s off ticket price for poor/no service.

Am I wrong? If I was, you people would be offering up examples of the benefits to be had by all, not just yourselves. You’d be showing how the people your company dumped were so much better-off for it. You’d be showing how well US East and West are getting along. How US East got their contracted bonus and how US West was applauding them for it, especially considering West received a pay raise East missed out on. A pay raise that still leaves you at the bottom of the scale two years (and, how many billions in profit?) after your emergence from your SECOND BK. For that matter, if Douggie honored contracts, you wouldn’t be at the bottom because East would have gotten their contractual pay snap-back and West, per Douggie’s verbal contract of everyone rising to the highest compensation level, would have received a larger increase.

You are right about one thing: Gerald Grinstein does have a history that shows he is amenable to mergers, when he sees a benefit to all parties involved.

Get your own house in order, let Delta do the same, show SOME track record that Douggie has a business plan that works and involves more than just hedge funds, and then come back. Who knows, play nice and it just might work out. I doubt it. Anybody with more than one active brain cell can see that DL/US is a poor match. If it does happen it will spark others and this one will leave us in the weakest position of all. Not good now. Even worse later.

Delta is not the aggressor here, You are. Delta’s history doesn’t matter here, Yours does. Delta’s intentions aren’t in question here, Yours are.

Capital must be propelled by self-interest; it cannot be enticed by benevolence.
Walter Bagehot 1826-1877, English monetary economist

Are you saying that Delta employees has to take more paycuts in order to stay independent and emerge? That's pretty screwed up!

I think Delta employees need to open their eyes. It's obvious that their management is lying to them about the amount of propaganda they are putting out there.

Let’s see…

Western was having problems but was working them out.
A couple airlines approached Western with merger or buy-out proposals which Western turned down. Western did say they might be interested in a merger partner ‘after they got their own house in order, so they could negotiate as equals with something to offer.’
Everyone honored Western’s wishes and backed off. After Western regained their position, Western and Delta got together. And how poorly did Delta treat the Western employees?
No jobs lost.
No one was reduced in position.
The FIRST action taken after the papers were signed was to give every Western employee a pay raise.
Any Western employee that had to relocate because of the merger was given paid time off, positive space tickets, hotel and meals for house hunting.
Their move was fully paid by Delta.
Dual living expenses were paid until the family completed their move.

Pan Am people? You’re probably right. They would have been better off if Delta had left them where Pan Am put them… On the street. That really was a dirty deal Delta gave them… Hiring them, giving them the same position at Delta they formally had at Pan Am, paying them more than Pan Am had, with better benefits than they had at Pan Am, gave them back a pension after Pan Am had blown theirs… Yes, you’re right; they should have been left where Pan Am put them.

US Air? Your company, LCC, has no honor.
Just as Delta, United, and Frontier were asked to back off by Western, you were asked to back off. Instead of complying, your response is similar to any rapist; ‘if you won’t accept a civil advance, you’ll get it forced on you.’
Your personnel history looks like that of any rodent, prone to eating your own.
The only “synergies†US brings to the table are visions of what can be sold off and how many jobs can be eliminated.
Yours is one of the companies that lead the airline industry’s race to the bottom. A major mistake that put Delta where it is today was holding on to the belief that superior service would mean more to the traveling public than trading a few $$$s off ticket price for poor/no service.

Am I wrong? If I was, you people would be offering up examples of the benefits to be had by all, not just yourselves. You’d be showing how the people your company dumped were so much better-off for it. You’d be showing how well US East and West are getting along. How US East got their contracted bonus and how US West was applauding them for it, especially considering West received a pay raise East missed out on. A pay raise that still leaves you at the bottom of the scale two years (and, how many billions in profit?) after your emergence from your SECOND BK. For that matter, if Douggie honored contracts, you wouldn’t be at the bottom because East would have gotten their contractual pay snap-back and West, per Douggie’s verbal contract of everyone rising to the highest compensation level, would have received a larger increase.

You are right about one thing: Gerald Grinstein does have a history that shows he is amenable to mergers, when he sees a benefit to all parties involved.

Get your own house in order, let Delta do the same, show SOME track record that Douggie has a business plan that works and involves more than just hedge funds, and then come back. Who knows, play nice and it just might work out. I doubt it. Anybody with more than one active brain cell can see that DL/US is a poor match. If it does happen it will spark others and this one will leave us in the weakest position of all. Not good now. Even worse later.

Delta is not the aggressor here, You are. Delta’s history doesn’t matter here, Yours does. Delta’s intentions aren’t in question here, Yours are.
Congrats. on killing this thread with logic and truth. I have noticed that no benifits other the synergys have been posted to support the usair takeover. They really do not understand the Delta mentality. I didn't either.The Question is can they cite another airlines with so little employee discontent. Grinstein and this team is like the old Delta. They have rallyed the employees and are making up for the abuses of the past managment that Grinstein fired.

Are you saying that Delta employees has to take more paycuts in order to stay independent and emerge? That's pretty screwed up!

I think Delta employees need to open their eyes. It's obvious that their management is lying to them about the amount of propaganda they are putting out there.

You are kidding, right? I think the propaganda runs deep on both sides. Do you believe everything your management tells you? Mr Parker was quoted as saying he would stop this hostile takeover if he didn't have DL management's approval. He hasn't-that, in my book, makes him a LIAR.

I'm not kidding and have never trusted management. I think you guys trust your management so much that you refuse to union vote your flight attendants. Now you guys are gonna get screwed! hah!

Are you saying that the DL CEO is not being truthful? But he wears a button! I saw it, I did!

That video is great; it's a lot like one of those preacher type programs that tour the country speaking to thousands of people at a time and helping them find God....... I was almost moved to tears! :lol:

He's got 'em right where he wants 'em..... ;)

I'm not kidding and have never trusted management. I think you guys trust your management so much that you refuse to union vote your flight attendants. Now you guys are gonna get screwed! hah!

Hah Hah! Go play in your own sandbox, and I'll play in mine. I was gonna try and point out where not having a union vs having a union leaves all of us (at the bottom)-but you probably wouldn't understand.