Delta exits LAX-LHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have had a busy day trashing AA and placing the halo on DL

back to the subject at hand - DL had the lowest RASM per mile out of EWR and LAX so they had to exit those routes

tough one

plz post the data for DL's RASM on those two routes.

more BS from you.

tough to be called on the carpet, isn't it?

ps. don't wear your loyalty to AA quite so close to your chest.

WorldTraveler said:
we could just as easily say the same thing about NYC to Tokyo. We've discussed that it isn't logically (what's logic doing on this site anyway?) possible to argue that AA can count its JVs from NYC but DL can't count them from LAX.

and DL does fly SEA-LHR.

funny how you want to use the Mississippi as the dividing line since DFW falls west of the mighty Miss but east of the Rockies.

You've probably missed it since you don't post a whole lot on the airline specific forums but DL is larger on the west coast than AA/US based on current schedule data.

and yeah, you are right that DL is the largest airline east of the Mississippi which is what you get with hubs at ATL, DTW, JFK, LGA, and MSP. and, btw, NW had no US hubs west of the Mississippi although MSP airport proper is west of the Mississippi even though the MS river runs thru downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul is north and east of the MS river.

so, yeah, AA does get to lay claim to the west of the Mississippi title because of DFW but not the west coast or even west of the Rockies.

Stay tuned WT,....to AA 's build-up of .. L A X !

( For shiits and giggles, imagine if Parker decides to go after AS ) !

Oh MY  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there won't be any more mergers involving the big 4.

and given that AS is very premium priced there isn't much of a business case to be made for an AS acquisition by AA - and any merger would really be an acquisition, not a merger. Plus AS has given no indication that it wants to be merged or acquired by anyone. Hostile mergers in the service industries go very poorly.

No, I didn't forget PHX. It isn't on the west coast but is west of the Rockies and west of the MS.

WN wins the title of largest airline west of the MS and west of the Rockies. If it is just between legacies, AA wins the west of the MS but not west of the Rockies. UA at DEN is larger than AA/US at PHX and UA is the largest legacy airline on the west coast.

all of these comparisons are based on seats.

WorldTraveler said:
plz post the data for DL's RASM on those two routes.

more BS from you.

tough to be called on the carpet, isn't it?

ps. don't wear your loyalty to AA quite so close to your chest.

Wait - wait - wait - wait - if an airline had the best RASM from LAX to LHR why would they leave it - wait wait wait -

If anyone with half a brain was looking at their international flights and was deciding to cut them you would stack rank the profitability of the flights and the ones at the bottom would go first hence bad RASM

so when you can back up all of your statements you can then ask others to do the same

You have such a long list we will be waiting for a long time

WorldTraveler said:
No, I didn't forget PHX. It isn't on the west coast but is west of the Rockies and west of the MS.

WN wins the title of largest airline west of the MS and west of the Rockies. If it is just between legacies, AA wins the west of the MS but not west of the Rockies. UA at DEN is larger than AA/US at PHX and UA is the largest legacy airline on the west coast.

all of these comparisons are based on seats.
How can you be so wrong once again?

With the merger the New AA is #1 in the East, and Midwest, and #3 out West.

http://skift.com/2013/02/14/the-new-american-detailed-investor-presentations-from-both-companies/

Scroll down and watch the PowerPoint.

I don't care what any powerpoint says. AA chose to redefine the geographic term Midwest to include Texas so that DFW could be included.
Texas is not part of the Midwest and never has been.
NW was the largest airline in the Midwest as it has long been traditionally defined and DL is the heir of that title now.
and regardless of what AA said at the time of the merger announcement, CURRENT data shows that the order of the big 4 on the west coast (CA, OR, WA) is WN, UA, DL, and AA in terms of seat size.
East of the MS is DL, AA, UA, WN
West of the MS is WN, AA, UA, DL.

I'm not sure why you or others get so wrapped up in these "my 89y is bigger than yours because a large portion of all of that capacity is for connecting traffic - even for WN - and it doesn't reflect anything other than the geographic location of hubs.
What does matter is the share and revenue in local markets and not the size of airport operations that involve large amounts of connections.
And what you can't admit or don't want to is that the airline industry is CONTINUALLY moving. What existed two years ago means little when competitors continue to grow and expand.
DL has grown much more aggressively on the west coast than AA has and is doing it at both LAX and SEA. And yet UA and WN are both larger than AA and DL on the west coast while it is the opposite on the east coast and East of the Mississippi.

AA, DL, and UA are very similarly sized airlines and although they have some regional strength advantages, for the vast majority of the traveling public, there is not a whole lot of difference in total size in the network offerings from each of the big 3. But a lot of heat gets used here touting who has the biggest y89234.

And, again, there is no public data on RASM for LAX-LHR on DL because DL started the route during the last quarter that was reported. To make a statement about RASM performance without data to back up your statement is simply flamebait. But that is what some people specialize in.

translation - I don't care what public information has been put out there that disagrees with my view of the world - hence I will just continuing my own view of the world

WorldTraveler said:
I don't care what any powerpoint says.

To make a statement about RASM performance without data to back up your statement is simply flamebait. But that is what some people specialize in.

I'm glad you have admitted what you specialize in

so you don't have the RASM info, right?

You just made up your statement about RASM performance because you, like, are only good at throwing mud instead of talking about facts. true dat

You are claiming DL has superior RASM performance on every international route - so prove it

jcw said:
translation - I don't care what public information has been put out there that disagrees with my view of the world - hence I will just continuing my own view of the world

Jackpot!
One of his best pieces of work (fiction, ofcourse) was the tale of how the DL-VS partnership has already generated more revenue than any other airline JV.  Ever!

You are claiming DL has superior RASM performance on every international route - so prove it
I didn't say that and that you can't provide any proof to substantiate that I did.

DL has a SYSTEM revenue premium to the US airline industry.

You again are sticking your nose into a subject that you know nothing about in order to try to defame me.

DL has a system and domestic RASM premium.

and specific to this topic, DL is redeploying 767s from int'l flying in order to add 767s to JFK-SFO where 3 of the 8 flights will be on 767s providing the only widebody service in the JFK-SFO market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back