Delta exits LAX-LHR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Last flight from Heathrow to Los Angeles will be October 5th. 

This is in addition to Newark-Heathrow exit, which was previously known and removed from GDS last week, and I assume related to the proposed United slot swap. 

Reactions: 3 people
Interesting.

Hey - can anyone remind me who the largest U.S. international carrier at LAX will be in 2016?

Reactions: 7 people
We will have to wait til all of the changes are loaded including DL's additions and AA's Tokyo changes

How can that be?

DL is going to conquer all the airlines, two international routes announced going away.

Reactions: 4 people
I think we may now be able to say that June 5-23, 2015 (DOT finalizing LAX-MEX authority transfer, AA 77W LAX-SYD, Delta exiting SEA-HND and authority going to AA LAX-HND, and now Delta existing LAX-LHR) has officially overtaken February 9-13, 2015 (JAL picks AA over Delta, AA/BA ATI/JV gets approved without any route carveouts) as the worst 1-3-week period in anit-AA Delta fanboy history.

Reactions: 9 people
Perhaps but we don't have all the pieces yet

If AA really does become the number 1 carrier I will be sure and congratulate you and AA for getting number 1 in one of 3 including JFK and ORD

700UW said:
How can that be?

DL is going to conquer all the airlines, two international routes announced going away.

How can that be?

Weren't we told that Delta would match every route that AA added out of LAX?

Reactions: 6 people
commavia said:
I think we may now be able to say that June 5-23, 2015 (DOT finalizing LAX-MEX authority transfer, AA 77W LAX-SYD, Delta exiting SEA-HND and authority going to AA LAX-HND, and now Delta existing LAX-LHR) has officially overtaken February 9-13, 2015 (JAL picks AA over Delta, AA/BA ATI/JV gets approved without any route carveouts) as the worst 1-3-week period in anit-AA Delta fanboy history.

And the summer could get hotter for DL.  I do believe that the situation at DAL is not yet resolved in DLs favor (her DL is slipping into oblivion and eventual failure as the #3 in N.TX - WT's theory not mine). 
Combine that with yen troubles, Eurozone troubles, ATL invasion byULCCs and mid-east carriers ....
Ouch!

Any idea of how long before the plug is pulled on PHL-LHR?

LHR and the UK uses the pound not the Euro. Given that VS also flies all these routes these announcements are part of a JV and we haven't heard both sides. AA is starting LAXHND because JL cannot. AA does not have a Mexico JV partner and will not in all likelihood

So lets get this straight - we had lets say 50 posts from someone about how DL was going to rule LAX to LHR and AA was dumping capacity - it's clear who won this skirmish

So DL will be down 2 intl flights while AA will be up 3 - looks like AA is winning in LA

Can we say tough one

Reactions: 4 people
Better hide the sharp objects so WT doesn't hurt himself

jcw said:
So lets get this straight - we had lets say 50 posts from someone about how DL was going to rule LAX to LHR and AA was dumping capacity - it's clear who won this skirmish

So DL will be down 2 intl flights while AA will be up 3 - looks like AA is winning in LA

Can we say tough one

Reactions: 1 person
At the rate the bad news is flowing for Delta, I wouldn't be surprised to wake up in morning in the very near future, reading about Alaska Airlines buying out Delta.

commavia said:

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder where those two Lhr slots will go. Dtw ,sea, or slc ? For me lax never made much sense . It was already covered by virgin .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts